Light, a light firefox

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
cstkingkey

Re: Light, a light firefox

Post by cstkingkey »

BuGiman wrote:Thanks for answer.

VLC plugin hangs,freezes Light.

If official firefox builds have the same situation, I have little to do. If not, how can I reproduce it?
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

Light 26 is available at http://goo.gl/VcMgth
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

26.0.1 are test builds , with exaxt rooting and ggc enabled.
Last edited by cstkingkey on January 23rd, 2014, 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
autonome

Post by autonome »

Very cool!

Are you going to post the source for your configuration and changes so we can build for other platforms besides Windows?

Cheers,

-d
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

autonome wrote:Very cool!

Are you going to post the source for your configuration and changes so we can build for other platforms besides Windows?

Cheers,

-d

I don't have patches apart from the code and some changes are related to windows platform and compler. But I upload some patch and file for your reference. You can find that on my sf project.
heam_pro

Post by heam_pro »

I like that
can you also completely remove plug in support?
i mean no plug-in tab in about:addons page and never plug-in support no java mediaplayer adobe flash player ...
also i dont like that Firefox Get add-ons tab in about:addons page possible remove that
remove geolocation feature
thanks

edit:i dont mean remove installing add ons.i mean Get add-ons tab in about:addons page
also when plugin feature removed also there is no more install flash notification no more missing plugn and similar
Last edited by heam_pro on January 8th, 2014, 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonTV

Post by DonTV »

Estimated cstkingkey

Some softs require adds on that auto install in FireFox and not give the chance to indicate FireFoxLight How we can solve this. My example is FlightRadar24 ask for Google Earth and this plugin install for mine FireFox version but not for Light.
Thanks in adavance.
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

hessam_pro wrote:I like that
i mean no plug-in tab in about:addons page and never plug-in support no java mediaplayer adobe flash player ...
also i dont like that Firefox Get add-ons tab in about:addons page possible remove that
thanks

edit:i dont mean remove installing add ons.i mean Get add-ons tab in about:addons page
also when plugin feature removed also there is no more install flash notification no more missing plugn and similar

Removing plugins support will be a hard work. And most people still need it.
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

DonTV wrote:Estimated cstkingkey

Some softs require adds on that auto install in FireFox and not give the chance to indicate FireFoxLight How we can solve this. My example is FlightRadar24 ask for Google Earth and this plugin install for mine FireFox version but not for Light.
Thanks in adavance.

Most softs will not recognize Light. So you need manually install the addons. You should find the xpi file in the softs, then drag that into light.
As for the plugins, if light don't find the specific plugin, you need find the np*.dll in the softs folder and copy to the pluings folder either in the Light installed folder or the profile folder.
heam_pro

Post by heam_pro »

cstkingkey wrote:
thanks

Removing plugins support will be a hard work. And most people still need it.

thank you for replay
still i think it very good to remove that.i don't use at all plugin.at least if you can provide one version that don't support plugin at all
for people don't use plugin.i think if anyone need plugin(on YouTube example) can use Firefox and light Together.even is make more secure
another things if you can remove is about:home feature and hide new tab page(show thumbnails of most visited page)
i don't want that at all and don't use them
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

thanks

Again it will be a hard work. At least you can make light stop picking up system installed plugins in about:config.
about:home is a homepage which you can easily change.
You can turn off thumbnail displaying by press the button in the upper right corner of about:newtab.
heam_pro

Post by heam_pro »

hi,
thank you for replay
i know how disable about:home and thumbnail for most visited site,the reason i request remove that is because both can do with addon
and also light use less ram

and during using light i found that, since you removed sync feature but some Message under bookmarking and password are still available
so remove that Message too
something like that i don't remembered

you can access all your bookmark across all devices
you can access all your password on all device with sync

thank you
gxHL

Post by gxHL »

I loved it very light and great performance, keep it up.

Thanks.
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

a test build with sync is uploaded.
lulzzz

Post by lulzzz »

I have been using this build for some days now.
I like it so far. Is faster than then normal firefox, opens very very fast, flash works fine.

Keep up the good work.