Please test today's nightlies

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Blake

Please test today's nightlies

Post by Blake »

We hope to release a 0.5 today. I still need to fix View > Character Coding, but I'd appreciate it if you all could really bang hard on the nightlies looking for trunk regressions. Thanks!
cdn

Post by cdn »

would building my own from cvs and using my current profile(s) qualify ?
RAF

Post by RAF »

If I set a different download directory in Tools, Preferences, Downloads, Always use this directory Phoenix doesn't seem to store this information.
On a restart it says in the textbox 'C:' without the rest of the path.
It remembers the checkbox, but not the path.

W2K SP3, 07/12 nightly (but I had the same with earlier versions)
djst

No problem here

Post by djst »

I haven't noticed any new problems with the latest nightly. It seems to work very well.
RAF

Re: No problem here

Post by RAF »

djst wrote:I haven't noticed any new problems with the latest nightly. It seems to work very well.

Sorry, me neither....
../frank

Post by ../frank »

I jumped from 20021203 nightly to 20021207 as soon as I saw Blake's message. I've been using it pretty heavily for a couple of hours trying most of the things I normally do.

The only surprise I've seen is probably an artifact of the new native OS widget support which wasn't in 20021203. When I go to a page on a new site I sometimes get a tooltip from an earlier page I have visited poping up when I move the mouse over the page, apparently to a place where the prior page had a mouseover tooltip but the new one has just normal text.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021207 Phoenix/0.5
../frank
My avatar cat, Mr. Gary Gray, passed away on 17 Oct 2013. RIP Gary! :cry:
djst

Post by djst »

../frank wrote:I jumped from 20021203 nightly to 20021207 as soon as I saw Blake's message. I've been using it pretty heavily for a couple of hours trying most of the things I normally do.

The only surprise I've seen is probably an artifact of the new native OS widget support which wasn't in 20021203. When I go to a page on a new site I sometimes get a tooltip from an earlier page I have visited poping up when I move the mouse over the page, apparently to a place where the prior page had a mouseover tooltip but the new one has just normal text.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021207 Phoenix/0.5

I've seen that problem on Windows XP for several weeks. I think it's a Mozilla issue. Sometimes, an old tooltip is randomly displayed.
../frank

Post by ../frank »

<b>djst:</b>

That was the first time I'd seen it. It never happened to me on 20021203 or any of the priors I have used. Since this was the first one I tried with native OS Widget stuff I ASS-U-ME-d it was related.
../frank
djst

Post by djst »

../frank wrote:<b>djst:</b>

That was the first time I'd seen it. It never happened to me on 20021203 or any of the priors I have used. Since this was the first one I tried with native OS Widget stuff I ASS-U-ME-d it was related.

What's with that attitude of yours? Or was it just a joke with a missing smiley?

I just said I've seen this problem for quite some time now and that I don't think it's related to Phoenix. You don't have to get rude because of that.
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Post by Alex Bishop »

djst wrote:
../frank wrote:<b>djst:</b>

What's with that attitude of yours? Or was it just a joke with a missing smiley?

I just said I've seen this problem for quite some time now and that I don't think it's related to Phoenix. You don't have to get rude because of that.

Never heard the phrase, "Don't assume, it just makes an ASS out of U and ME"?
Alex
djst

Post by djst »

Alex Bishop wrote:Never heard the phrase, "Don't assume, it just makes an ASS out of U and ME"?

Never. Sorry for misunderstanding, <b>../frank</b>!
flii

Post by flii »

djst wrote:
Alex Bishop wrote:Never heard the phrase, "Don't assume, it just makes an ASS out of U and ME"?
Never. Sorry for misunderstanding, <b>../frank</b>!

i hadn't heard it either, but i picked up the "ass" "u" "me" and figured it went something along those lines, but i couldn't tell who was being insulted. :-P
../frank

Post by ../frank »

<b>djst:</b>
It was an old joke. If I was poking fun at anything it was my own assumptions.

I'm here because I like it here. I respect you, David, you do an awesome job maintaining the Phoenix help site. I'm the kind of guy who would just go away rather than intentionally aggravate someone as helpful as you. I also forget that, being from Sweden, although you write English better than most native speakers,
you may not be familiar with some idioms and in-jokes.

BTW, Alex & flii, thanks for getting it.
../frank