[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
RobertJ

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2013.10.31.22

Post by RobertJ »

I've been using FF29a1 (Nightly with Australis UI) for about a month and now use it for all of my browsing. The two Status-4-Evar indicators I use (progress meter and status text) are still there but now on the "normal" toolbar. Apologize if this was already discussed; but, is that where they will remain?

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

Firefox probably migrated their location because they were on the Addon Bar (which no longer exists). The alpha S4E version provides a replacement toolbar so customize your toolbar and move them where you want.

http://files.bluefang-logic.com/firefox ... 20.21a.xpi
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Bluefang seems to work. A warning to anyone using it, when initially installing the Download Status appears on the status bar on the bottom of the window. THE STATUS BAR MUST HAVE SOMETHING IN IT WHEN IN THE CUSTOMIZE... WINDOW. If you remove the Download status before putting something else on the Status Bar it will disappear in the Customize... window and there is no way to get it back. Fortunately I always back up my profile before screwing around with stuff.

One of the things I miss is the availability of fixed/flex spacers. Any suggestions on how I can create with an extension. I have a couple of simple extensions I created for my own use. Ideally I could do this with userChrome.css but I doubt it.

Aris

Post by Aris »

@Robert
Classic Theme Restorer ( viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2773133 ) offers a few (fixed/flex) spacers.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Aris thanks. Looks like much more than I want. I can live with Australis but want to space some of my icons.

Kelderic

Post by Kelderic »

I'm using FF29, with Classic Toolbar Buttons, Classic Theme Restorer, and Status 4-Evar. I noticed something odd today when I have my browser window not full screen. The resizing triangle is up near the Address bar. Screenshot below with the oddity circled.

Full Size: http://andymercer.net/screen6.png

I disabled CTB and CTR, and the issue remained. Any ideas?

Any ideas?

EDIT: When I uncheck "Show the window re-size gripper", the gripper disappears. Looks like a simple placement bug.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

I don't see that on my Nightly install - but I have 2 grippers, one on the add-on bar, one just above it. Is it supposed to be that way?
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 124.0.1, Developer Edition 125.0b5, Nightly 126.0a1.
Bluefang

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2014.01.25.23b

Post by Bluefang »

Version 2014.01.25.23b
* Initial Australis support.
* Drop support for Firefox 23.0 and older.
* Classic download manager is not available in Firefox 26.0 and newer.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... /versions/

Australis support is still rough around the edges.
* Status bar styles probably still need some work.
* Download button styles probably still need some work.
* Location bar status causes the url to jump by a pixel on Linux. Is anyone having this issue on Windows or Mac?
* Australis migration code is still MIA. Firefox automatically moves toolbar items on the Add-on Bar to the Navigation Bar, and S4E needs to 'smartly' undo this.
* Localizations of new strings.

avada wrote:Does this mean that you decided against dependance on Classic Theme Restorer, which you mentioned before?

Correct. I Did not want to introduce a dependency on another extension, especially when S4E is all about maintaining the classic status bar. Without CTR installed, S4E would essentially be broken.

DigiEmissary wrote:With the Firefox 26 update, the "Show average download completion" option no longer works as it did before. Instead of showing the average, it cycles between the status of each individual download.

For example, instead of showing "5 active downloads (10 minutes remaining)", it shows "1 active download (2 minutes remaining)", then "1 active download (5 minutes remaining)", then "1 active download (10 minutes remaining)", etc., all in rapid succession.

roger21 wrote:the progress bar on the arrow button seems to follow each downloads concurrently (so the bar jump constantly to a new position while changing download) well it's how i see it, in more simple words the progress bar jump constantly when it was quite evenly progressing before iirc, is it just me or everybody?

also the remaining time is jumping constantly too and also the "number of download" stay to 1

Yep, I see this too. I'll take a look.

roger21 wrote:on an other subject i think it would be nice if the "hihlight button when complete durrin" option would work even when the "always display the button" option is disabled

How would this work? Would the download button stay visible while it is highlighted?

amloessb wrote:I have a feature request for S4E: Would it be possible to include an option to hide the status text outright when watching fullscreen videos? On sites that just fullscreen the browser to show the video (e.g., Vimeo), rather than using full-screen Flash (e.g., YouTube), the status text will pop up while the video is playing, and it is very distracting.

You can un-check Show default status and Show background network status.

I'll look into HTML5 fullscreen detection for video elements.

RobertJ wrote:A warning to anyone using it, when initially installing the Download Status appears on the status bar on the bottom of the window. THE STATUS BAR MUST HAVE SOMETHING IN IT WHEN IN THE CUSTOMIZE... WINDOW. If you remove the Download status before putting something else on the Status Bar it will disappear in the Customize... window and there is no way to get it back. Fortunately I always back up my profile before screwing around with stuff.

I don't see either of those issues. The Status Bar should remain visible when empty before/during/after customizing. Also, if the Status Bar is not visible in the customize view, there should be a toolbar drop-down in the lower-left corner.

Kelderic wrote:I'm using FF29, with Classic Toolbar Buttons, Classic Theme Restorer, and Status 4-Evar. I noticed something odd today when I have my browser window not full screen. The resizing triangle is up near the Address bar. Screenshot below with the oddity circled.

Full Size: http://andymercer.net/screen6.png

I think this should be fixed now.

greenknight wrote:I don't see that on my Nightly install - but I have 2 grippers, one on the add-on bar, one just above it. Is it supposed to be that way?

Are you still seeing this in the new build? If so, can you post a screenshot?
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Updated to the new build, still get 2 grippers. Both work, too. Screenshot:

Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 124.0.1, Developer Edition 125.0b5, Nightly 126.0a1.
Ede_123

Post by Ede_123 »

Version 2014.01.25.23b seems to break something regarding the order of status bar icons.

After installing the new version, the icon of "Status-bar Scientific Calculator" is suddenly shifted to the very end of the status bar whereas I positioned it somewhere in the middle. I assume the problem is that the mentioned add-on still adds itself to the "classic" non-customizable status bar (e.g. not the add-on bar). The positioning is however somehow saved, since it goes back to normal as soon as I click "customize" on the status bar only to break again on next browser restart.
em28

Post by em28 »

Same here.
I used S4E on RTL versions of FF26, 27b & Aurora.
I configure my status bar with Organize status bar extension.

Until previous version my status bar looked like charm, exactly as I configure it.
On 2014.01.25.23b version it looked like a mess, icons loses their place and moved across the status bar.
rolledback to previous version and life got back to normal.

Keep the great work.
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

Ede_123 and em28, does this version work any better?

http://files.bluefang-logic.com/firefox ... 28.23a.xpi
Ede_123

Post by Ede_123 »

Yes, seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you!
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Sorry but I'm trying this addon for the first time and I can't find a way to turn off the page-loading bar that shows on page loads/re-loads. The throbber on the tab is enough for me... is there a way to turn it off ? I've looked over the options several times and so far have not seen a way to turn it off.

I have everything 'un-checked' in the Progress Tab... its still showing on page loads.
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

Customize the toolbar and remove it.