Cannot upload full theme

Discuss application theming and theme development.
dkgo

Cannot upload full theme

Post by dkgo »

https://bug965156.bugzilla.mozilla.org/ ... id=8367161

Error with fxchrome.xpi
100% complete · 3.49 MB of 3.49 MB
Your add-on failed validation with 4 errors.

The `#downloads-indicator` node was removed from the DOM.
patrickjdempsey

Re: Cannot upload full theme

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Hmmmm... that doesn't look like your fault. Mozilla really should remove that test from the Themes validator.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
dkgo

Post by dkgo »

downloads-indicator working on firefox26, you can try update...
Aris

Post by Aris »

This stupid add-ons validator should be terminated permanently! ;-)

It even refuses already fully reviewed 'theme files', if you try to update them. ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/develo ... n/validate )

Every now and then something keeps themers from uploading. A couple of weeks ago for example multi-packed themes could not be uploaded for no special reason ( -> server connection issues). But you definitively could upload files separately.
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

Has anyone had any luck uploading themes to AMO recently? Tried to update Red Cats today and got the same "There was a problem contacting the server" error. Grrrr. And no, it's NOT multipacked.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
patrickjdempsey

Probably just another server outage. They have been common the last few years, although usually they happen right at update time.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

The last time I had trouble it was because I had to drop back to a lower-speed connection for a while (to give my ISP time to jerk me around). The database connection manager in Mozilla's server pool had a timeout limit, where if the transaction took longer than a certain time, the connection would be considered dead and get dropped, meaning my long theme upload never completed. The solution was to ask someone else to upload it for me (first one of the AMO people, then Patrick -- thank you again) until my ISP pulled its head out of .. out of the clouds.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

Uploaded the updates to AMO at last - the good old "bang your head against the wall" method never fails! :D It's just that you have to have the patience of a cat to click on that big gray button over and over and over and over and over...
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
patrickjdempsey

They need to add a BIG HAMMER button for situations when the little button doesn't work.
jorgev

Post by jorgev »

I you see this problem consistently with a new version, just let us know and we can do a force upload.
Jorge Villalobos
Add-ons Developer Relations Lead, Mozilla
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

It would likely be a good idea to test to see if this is a wide spread problem. Unless these folks are just unlucky there might be other folks having the same problem. Let's face it, the AMO forum isn't overly findable or used so there might be a number of people pounding their heads against a wall.

That said, how should they contact you folks?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
jorgev

Post by jorgev »

We know it can be a problem with very large or complex add-ons, which can be often the case for muti-package extension/theme XPIs.

To report this problem you can email amo-admins AT mozilla DOT org or file a bug. Attaching the file that causes the failure is useful.
Jorge Villalobos
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

jorgev wrote:We know it can be a problem with very large or complex add-ons, which can be often the case for muti-package extension/theme XPIs.

To report this problem you can email amo-admins AT mozilla DOT org or file a bug. Attaching the file that causes the failure is useful.

I have filed eight bugs. All were ignored until five years later when the bug was fixed by happenstance. I then get bug spam telling me that it isn't a problem. Being ignored is one thing, being bug spammed by idiots who don't notice the date is quite another. I gave up reporting bugs well before you left the family home.

It is a problem that shouldn't exist. You should fix it.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
jorgev

Post by jorgev »

Can you please point me to those bugs?
Jorge Villalobos
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Sure. It will have to wait for this weekend though.
Post wrangler