fvd speed dial problems

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
funnyguys

fvd speed dial problems

Post by funnyguys »

iam using fvd speed dial with firefox 26,i have no idea about some features in fvd.so here posting my queries experts try to solve my queries.
1)if we add any site in fvd,so it can store and image also cached.later we will check some other pages like 1,2,3 ....so when ur going to edit and modify the url pages why images refreshing again and caching new page.
2)how to arrange in order with customise like draging
3)what is autoupdate option which is available in preview tab
mightyglydd

Re: fvd speed dial problems

Post by mightyglydd »

Why don't you ask them ?

http://flashvideodownloader.org/
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

JayhawksRock wrote:Try Support site here > https://fvdmedia.userecho.com/list/2121 ... egory=4906

any other support forums for fvd.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

](*,)
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

mightyglydd wrote:](*,)

i didnt found any support forums to post my queries
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

mightyglydd wrote:](*,)

i didnt found any support forums to post my queries
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Pizzapops

Post by Pizzapops »

funnyguys wrote:iam using fvd speed dial with firefox 26,i have no idea about some features in fvd.so here posting my queries experts try to solve my queries.
1)if we add any site in fvd,so it can store and image also cached.later we will check some other pages like 1,2,3 ....so when ur going to edit and modify the url pages why images refreshing again and caching new page.

My observations after 7 months of FVD use, synced between six Firefox branches and a couple chromified browsers. My FVD has 12 tabs and 357 bookmarks.

1 & 3) If FVD uses a URL for the bookmark it gets refreshed when FVD starts. Auto update is for web sites that change on a regular basis (blogs, etc.). I avoid this altogether and use local images for ALL bookmarks in FVD. Syncing with many URL bookmarks can be very slow because FVD creates a new image for each one.

2) Left Mouse hold and drag should work on any page. No need to look for a customize button. If you are doing it correctly, you will see small arrows. Blank spaces are not possible.
Windows 10 Pro I7/16mb - work laptop, Windows 10 I7/32mb 6TB - home desktop
Cyberfox 52-64, Waterfox 56, Firefox Nightly 62, Opera 12.18, Opera Dev, Vivaldi 1.16
About 46 extensions in the Fx branches. All are portable and run from a USB 3.0 SSD drive.
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

Pizzapops wrote:
funnyguys wrote:iam using fvd speed dial with firefox 26,i have no idea about some features in fvd.so here posting my queries experts try to solve my queries.

My observations after 7 months of FVD use, synced between six Firefox branches and a couple chromified browsers. My FVD has 12 tabs and 357 bookmarks.

1 & 3) If FVD uses a URL for the bookmark it gets refreshed when FVD starts. Auto update is for web sites that change on a regular basis (blogs, etc.). I avoid this altogether and use local images for ALL bookmarks in FVD. Syncing with many URL bookmarks can be very slow because FVD creates a new image for each one.

2) Left Mouse hold and drag should work on any page. No need to look for a customize button. If you are doing it correctly, you will see small arrows. Blank spaces are not possible.

i got answers for 1 and 2 questions.i m still unable to get 3 question clarification...because added a site in fvd ,it contains lot of pages discussion about movies.how to update the automatically last page....
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

JayhawksRock wrote:Its here somwhere > https://fvdmedia.userecho.com/list/2165 ... egory=4944 Good Luck

actually lot of members poster their queris on that site but not getting answers from them..
mozillazine always helps lot who are facing problems in addons or firefox
Pizzapops

Post by Pizzapops »

funnyguys wrote:i got answers for 1 and 2 questions.i m still unable to get 3 question clarification...because added a site in fvd ,it contains lot of pages discussion about movies.how to update the automatically last page....

Once you have added the web site to FVD, right click on the icon and select edit. Look at the URL that was saved. It probably ends with a number. That is a page or message number. That is static and where you will go every time. I had the same problem with a couple mozillaZine Firefox Support topics that I am following. I had to change the forum settings to have newest first. If there is no way to change forum settings, you may be SOL.
Cyberfox 52-64, Waterfox 56, Firefox Nightly 62, Opera 12.18, Opera Dev, Vivaldi 1.16
About 46 extensions in the Fx branches. All are portable and run from a USB 3.0 SSD drive.
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

Pizzapops wrote:
funnyguys wrote:i got answers for 1 and 2 questions.i m still unable to get 3 question clarification...because added a site in fvd ,it contains lot of pages discussion about movies.how to update the automatically last page....

Once you have added the web site to FVD, right click on the icon and select edit. Look at the URL that was saved. It probably ends with a number. That is a page or message number. That is static and where you will go every time. I had the same problem with a couple mozillaZine Firefox Support topics that I am following. I had to change the forum settings to have newest first. If there is no way to change forum settings, you may be SOL.

iam not geting you clearly,first of all what is the use of autoupdate?how to use users gallery to store as images for the site(if the users gallery had no pic found) to avoid every time modifying it refreshing pages
Pizzapops

Post by Pizzapops »

funnyguys wrote:iam not geting you clearly,first of all what is the use of autoupdate?how to use users gallery to store as images for the site(if the users gallery had no pic found) to avoid every time modifying it refreshing pages

Autoupdate can be useful for a site that changes frequently. It is a way for the graphic to represent the current look of a site. This could be useful for news sites, blogs etc.

I do not use URL users galleries. Not enough sites have graphics that can be used. I only use a local collections of site logos/graphics. My FVD_art folder has a separate sub-folder for each tab I have in FVD. If you are unable to create the graphics yourself, go to http://www.userlogos.org/ and try to find ones that will work. A Google image search can also be fruitful. I have found that a 300x200 size works best and will work no matter what dial size you use.
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

Pizzapops wrote:
funnyguys wrote:iam not geting you clearly,first of all what is the use of autoupdate?how to use users gallery to store as images for the site(if the users gallery had no pic found) to avoid every time modifying it refreshing pages

Autoupdate can be useful for a site that changes frequently. It is a way for the graphic to represent the current look of a site. This could be useful for news sites, blogs etc.

I do not use URL users galleries. Not enough sites have graphics that can be used. I only use a local collections of site logos/graphics. My FVD_art folder has a separate sub-folder for each tab I have in FVD. If you are unable to create the graphics yourself, go to http://www.userlogos.org/ and try to find ones that will work. A Google image search can also be fruitful. I have found that a 300x200 size works best and will work no matter what dial size you use.

so autoupdate option only for graphic look for the site which is present in fvd dial right?is it not belongs to pages of forums (automatically update last page)

Code: Select all

My FVD_art folder has a separate sub-folder for each tab I have in FVD

the above line not understand
if i got from google images ,how could i use it via url based or anyway
i go to userlogos sites ,i just click on kickass.to logs which shows gray,transparent,glow etc.what are these,all are showing same images only?how to use them in fvd speed dial