Netscape 7.0??????

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
crippled-bird

Netscape 7.0??????

Post by crippled-bird »

I was at the netscape site yesterday and was checking to see if you could still download 4.x versions. While poking around for the neglected corner they might be hiding in, I saw this link, <A href="http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/7/upgrade/guide.jsp">Upgrade Guide</A>. When I clicked on it, it checked my browser and greeted me with the message, "Thank You for Choosing Netscape 7.0".

And I thought I was avoiding Netscape by using Phoenix.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

They are wrong, but just a little. They're saying "You are currently using the lastest version of the Netscape browser". What they should say is "You are currently using a future version of the Netscape browser". :wink:
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

laszlo wrote:What they should say is "You are currently using a future version of the Netscape browser". :wink:

ROFL, and that might be more true then any of us might think right now :D
Joel

Post by Joel »

Phoenix and Thunderbird = Netscape Navigator and Mail 8.0? :)
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

Joel wrote:Phoenix and Thunderbird = Netscape Navigator and Mail 8.0? :)

Maybe PX+TB = NN&M 12.478 :lol:
..::XF::..
jhimmel

Post by jhimmel »

Stefan wrote:
laszlo wrote:What they should say is "You are currently using a future version of the Netscape browser". :wink:

ROFL, and that might be more true then any of us might think right now :D

Except that if AOL got their hands on it and "Netscapeifies" it, all the benifits of Poenix will be lost.

The Poenix project has definately taken this browser in the right direction. Even at v.5, it is the best browser to date.

Jim