fvd speed dial problems

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Pizzapops

Re: fvd speed dial problems

Post by Pizzapops »

funnyguys wrote:

Code: Select all

My FVD_art folder has a separate sub-folder for each tab I have in FVD

the above line not understand

I create an FVD_art folder(directory) on my hard drive and sub folders(directories) for graphic jpg files! If you do not understand that, please get some tutoring on computer file management.
funnyguys wrote:if i got from google images ,how could i use it via url based or anyway
i go to userlogos sites ,i just click on kickass.to logs which shows gray,transparent,glow etc.what are these,all are showing same images only? how to use them in fvd speed dial

Forget about "make from URL". If you want to use a logo from http://www.userslogos.org, click on the small logo in the listing, right click on the larger desired logo on the next page, select "save image as" to your hard drive. To apply the logo to a FVD dial: right click on the dial, select edit, select preview tab, select make from local file, select the file on your hard drive that was saved from userlogos.org, click Open, and finally click on Modify dial.

Using Google images works about the same but many of the images may have to be re-sized or edited. I use a combination of Irfanview and Paint Shop Pro.
Windows 10 Pro I7/16mb - work laptop, Windows 10 I7/32mb 6TB - home desktop
Cyberfox 52-64, Waterfox 56, Firefox Nightly 62, Opera 12.18, Opera Dev, Vivaldi 1.16
About 46 extensions in the Fx branches. All are portable and run from a USB 3.0 SSD drive.
Pizzapops

Post by Pizzapops »

Cyberfox 52-64, Waterfox 56, Firefox Nightly 62, Opera 12.18, Opera Dev, Vivaldi 1.16
About 46 extensions in the Fx branches. All are portable and run from a USB 3.0 SSD drive.
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

Pizzapops wrote:
funnyguys wrote:

My FVD_art folder has a separate sub-folder for each tab I have in FVD

the above line not understand

I create an FVD_art folder(directory) on my hard drive and sub folders(directories) for graphic jpg files! If you do not understand that, please get some tutoring on computer file management.

:D i got u and i understand,ur just creating folder for unique sites
Pizzapops wrote:
funnyguys wrote:if i got from google images ,how could i use it via url based or anyway
i go to userlogos sites ,i just click on kickass.to logs which shows gray,transparent,glow etc.what are these,all are showing same images only? how to use them in fvd speed dial

Forget about "make from URL". If you want to use a logo from http://www.userslogos.org, click on the small logo in the listing, right click on the larger desired logo on the next page, select "save image as" to your hard drive. To apply the logo to a FVD dial: right click on the dial, select edit, select preview tab, select make from local file, select the file on your hard drive that was saved from userlogos.org, click Open, and finally click on Modify dial.

Using Google images works about the same but many of the images may have to be re-sized or edited. I use a combination of Irfanview and Paint Shop Pro.

i entered this link and downloaded and created http://www.userlogos.org/node/16959
but one thing i have to know ie in the above link in below image it shows ie

Transparent Drop shadow Gloss Reflectionvideo youtube
is those are all tags?
Pizzapops wrote:Using Google images works about the same but many of the images may have to be re-sized or edited. I use a combination of Irfanview and Paint Shop Pro.

ok can i use directly via url based or via local file ?apart from resize or edit

eventhough if i set the local file for url and if i modified the url pages like 2,3 page nos,its again refreshing the dial whats the problem?
Pizzapops

Post by Pizzapops »

funnyguys wrote:ok can i use directly via url based or via local file ?apart from resize or edit

even though if i set the local file for url and if i modified the url pages like 2,3 page nos,its again refreshing the dial whats the problem?

UNcheck the Autoupdate box. That only updates (refreshes) the graphic. It does NOT update the site URL.
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

if any image which i found in google images

can i use directly via url based or via local file ?apart from resize or edit

let this forum i added to fvd dial,and i set mozilla image for this site via local file option,so this page consists of 2pages,so i added to fvd dial when it is in first page.so i edit the url page and set to 2nd page and click modify option..its again refreshing the page why?
Pizzapops

Post by Pizzapops »

funnyguys wrote:if any image which i found in google images

let this forum i added to fvd dial,and i set mozilla image for this site via local file option,so this page consists of 2pages,so i added to fvd dial when it is in first page.so i edit the url page and set to 2nd page and click modify option..its again refreshing the page why?

If I am reading this right, you modified the fvd dial. It should only refresh once if Autorefresh is OFF. Why didn't you just make the fvd dial originally from the second page? Editing the dial URL has always caused problems for me. I usually delete the incorrect dial and add a new dial with the preferred URL.

FVD should save a copy of dial images (both local and URL) to your profile FVD. Look at the settings drop down and go to Sync/backup. You can save a backup of FVD dial setup. For the six versions of Firefox on my computer, this is how I keep them synced. It is much faster than cloud syncing. On start up FVD uses graphics from the local extension information EXCEPT any dials that have Autorefresh ON. It then will have to reload those from the page URL site, the graphic URL site or the original local directory location. Depending on how may dials have to refresh, this can drastically slow down starting FVD.
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

Pizzapops wrote:
funnyguys wrote:if any image which i found in google images

If I am reading this right, you modified the fvd dial. It should only refresh once if Autorefresh is OFF. Why didn't you just make the fvd dial originally from the second page? Editing the dial URL has always caused problems for me. I usually delete the incorrect dial and add a new dial with the preferred URL.

im still confused,but understand little bit because of iam newbie to fvd dial.i understand one point so if we modified this url to set nextpage it refreshes once ,is there any option available autorefresh.if this page consists of 6 pages,i added 1st page in fvd dial.later 2nd page is available,so i just edited and and set page t0 2nd page.so ur option is add 2nd page as a new page to fvd dial and deleted the old fvd dial which consists of 1st page.ismy above explanation is correct?
FVD should save a copy of dial images (both local and URL) to your profile FVD. Look at the settings drop down and go to Sync/backup. You can save a backup of FVD dial setup. For the six versions of Firefox on my computer, this is how I keep them synced. It is much faster than cloud syncing. On start up FVD uses graphics from the local extension information EXCEPT any dials that have Autorefresh ON. It then will have to reload those from the page URL site, the graphic URL site or the original local directory location. Depending on how may dials have to refresh, this can drastically slow down starting FVD.

so one thing understand ie fvd save images in fvd default folders from both local and url.remaining things are all confused ,so could u guide me simple explanation.
Pizzapops

Post by Pizzapops »

funnyguys wrote:

so one thing understand ie fvd save images in fvd default folders from both local and url.remaining things are all confused ,so could u guide me simple explanation.

Give me a example of a site that you are having problems with.
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

Pizzapops wrote:
funnyguys wrote:

Give me a example of a site that you are having problems with.

take this forum also,open first page and add to fvd dial and set image using local file and create it,it will refresh and saved,after that edit the url and set to 2nd page or paste the 2nd page url and click modify ,again it starts refreshing .check it
Pizzapops

Post by Pizzapops »

funnyguys wrote:take this forum also,open first page and add to fvd dial and set image using local file and create it,it will refresh and saved,after that edit the url and set to 2nd page or paste the 2nd page url and click modify ,again it starts refreshing .check it

When the dial is in any way modified, it ALWAYS refreshes that entire dial in the database. That is the way it is supposed to work! Changing the page url is no different that changing the graphic. The dial information is just fields in the data record of a database. Why bother to mod the dial frequently, when you can click on a page number after you have clicked on the dial? One topic I am following on Mozilla has 47 pages, I just redo the dial every time it is 5 or 6 pages behind. Have you found an alternative that can accomplish what you want?
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

so ur trying to explain ie its normal to refresh the page when we modify the page in url,ok i got it,
iam just modifying page daily for some sites which consists of 200 to 300 pages.so im just updating the page everyday.i didnt get you mentioned in below lines

when you can click on a page number after you have clicked on the dial? One topic I am following on Mozilla has 47 pages, I just redo the dial every time it is 5 or 6 pages behind.
Pizzapops

Post by Pizzapops »

funnyguys wrote:so ur trying to explain ie its normal to refresh the page when we modify the page in url,ok i got it,
iam just modifying page daily for some sites which consists of 200 to 300 pages.so im just updating the page everyday.i didnt get you mentioned in below lines

when you can click on a page number after you have clicked on the dial? One topic I am following on Mozilla has 47 pages, I just redo the dial every time it is 5 or 6 pages behind.

I didn't realize that there was a question in the above statement. On MozillaZine the page range can be found at the top and bottom right of a page. The page numbers shown are click-able.
Pizzapops

Post by Pizzapops »

If I go to a site and the page count shows four or five pages beyond the current dial setting, I redo the dial. FVD Speeddial is for static dials (bookmarks). It is not an RSS feed or a live bookmarking system. If you are going to sites where there is a lot of keyboard diarrhea, you may want to look for other options.
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

what do u mean redo means is it editing the dial
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

pizapops waiting for u r reply