[Ext] Simple Mail

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TechnalXS

Re: [Ext] Simple Mail

Post by TechnalXS »

Regards,
TechnalXS
TechnalXS

Post by TechnalXS »

jerson wrote:Hello TechnalXS

I've been using this extension for some time now and had a bad crash of FF recently due to which FF would not start(profile not found). As part of the restoration procedure, I asked FF to reset itself(not sure if that is the correct term). As a result, I lost my profile folder along with all the mail stored in simple mail data files. I had to re-install the extension and re-create the accounts in simple mail.

I found some files in the old profile folder which 'appear' to be the old simple mail data files by their sizes and dates.

Question:
Is there some way I can re-link these files to the current installation of SimpleMail or can I through some magic bring back those old emails I lost?

Regards
Jerson

you have to restore the whole folder "simplemail" in your Firefox's profile
this folder content is :
simplemail.sqlite (file)
attachments (folder)
smile (folder)
Regards,
TechnalXS
Kuroonehalf

Post by Kuroonehalf »

Oh, my bad, didn't check that page. Though it hasn't helped me much.

I deleted the account and created it again with the IMAP and SMTP settings (only checking what you mentioned and the login/password fields) and now the progress bar repeat happens on refresh with the error "imap3.live.com:993,SSL]: Connection failed". Sending mails works fine though.

Then I deleted it again and tried with the POP3 settings, and it went back to refreshing properly but erroring on sending mails.

Also, when you have POP3 selected but then go to general settings and put in your email it switches it from POP3 to IMAP. Is that supposed to happen?

Is there a way to somehow view and handle messages with POP3 but send with IMAP&SMTP? I apologize if that's just totally not how it works and it makes no sense.

edit: Wait, it seems I broke the program somehow. Deleted the hotmail account and then the gmail stopped refreshing and bugged out. Give me a sec, I've restarted firefox and I'm testing this some more.

edit2: Nope, deleted both accounts and tried to create just the hotmail one again with both types of settings and it still behaves the same. :c
luminar

Post by luminar »

Hotmail suddenly not working here too. Can't send messages. Saving drafts also seems to be crashing sometimes.
jerson

Post by jerson »

TechnalXS wrote:you have to restore the whole folder "simplemail" in your Firefox's profile
this folder content is :
simplemail.sqlite (file)
attachments (folder)
smile (folder)

I seem to have lost the main simplemail.sqlite file to an overwrite when creating the new profile. I have the other files that seemingly have the contents.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jerson\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ezazrts2.slt\Mail has some files whose names are
Inbox - size 10Mbyte
Inbox.msf - 31kByte
popstate.dat
msgfilterrules.dat

I suspect, my case is beyond redemption since the sqlite file is trashed. What do you say? Give up?

Regards
Jerson
TechnalXS

Post by TechnalXS »

i'm sorry but you're right : these files are not Simplemail related ... there are Thunderbird's files

Regards
Regards,
TechnalXS
charlie6

[solved]html saved files not readable with an html viewer

Post by charlie6 »

Hi TechnalXS,
yep ...solved :D :
the below discussed "my_saved_mail.html" does not have the code given hereunder as first line. No matter !
That file is recognized as "application/x-extension-html" type; whereas other html files having a such or similar line code are recognized as "text/html" files.
In my Linux session (debian wheezy 7.2) "text/html" files are opened just by clicking on them in the file manager because there exists this symlink:
/root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types/text_html
and also
/root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types/text_htm

A fix is: create new symlinks:
/root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types/application_x-extension-html
and
/root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types/application_x-extension-htm
then such files can be opened just by clicking on them .

original post
to save and archive sent mails, i tried to "save as" them (i.e: select and dubble-click on a mail reference in the "sent window"; and afterwards select "save as" in the menubar of the new window displaying the body of the selected mail. This can be saved under .html format.

That "my_saved_mail.html" file cannot be opened with a common html viewer (i.e. hv3; or Surfer from Defora OS - no! it is not a typo ...it is Defora and not Fedora).

Editing "my_saved_mail.html" and adding

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> 

fixes it !

How could one get those html saved file already having that code in them?

Thanks and regards!

Hope this helps
Charlie
sprinkle

Post by sprinkle »

Visual error. The newest auto-update seems to have caused a goof with the size of the button, which appears to be perhaps only 10 pixels across when using the non-visual button mode?

TechnalXS

Post by TechnalXS »

Hmmm, work well for me under Ubuntu or Windows ...

tell me more : Firefox version, Linux, windows, Mac, Firefox theme or not ? ......

Regards
Regards,
TechnalXS
TechnalXS

Post by TechnalXS »

@Charlie6 : ok for the next version

otherwise, edit message.js and change at line 1145

var html = '<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">' +
             '<style>' + technalxs.simplemail.SimpleMailFile.readURL("chrome://simplemail/skin/message.css") + '</style>' +
             '<title>' + message.subject + '</title>' + message.toHtml();

by

var html = '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">' +
             '<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">' +
             '<style>' + technalxs.simplemail.SimpleMailFile.readURL("chrome://simplemail/skin/message.css") + '</style>' +
             '<title>' + message.subject + '</title>' + message.toHtml();

Regards
Regards,
TechnalXS
sprinkle

Post by sprinkle »

Hmm. My theme is nothing as far as I know.

I have the last Windows XP that windows will support, Firefox 27.0.1 and it claims this is up to date.

I went to the toolbar and "Customize ... " and selected show Text or Icons or Icons and Text and they all had this funny visual issue where the Back button overlaps the SimpleMail button. I have found a temporary solution by adding a number of spaces after the SimpleMail button. I wonder if this will do for now, but it's odd that it should only effect me, I guess.
charlie6

Re: [Ext] Simple Mail command line

Post by charlie6 »

Hi TechnalXs,
about this:
Providing Command-Line Options
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2497499&start=80

i got a try editing both scripts commandLine.js and chrome.manifest following the explanations given through that link replacing "myapp" by "simplemail" ...

i then tried various command lines such as

#firefox -simplemail mymail@myprovider.be

or

#firefox -chrome://simplemail mymail@myprovider.be

without success ... :cry:

I think i miss a lot of firefox knowledge.
So could it be EVER possible to launch simplemail using a command line such as

# firefox -simplemail "$@" 

with "$@" being the mail adress of the desired recipient.

Thanks for any answer
Charlie
sadi44

Post by sadi44 »

Good day! Please tell me how to do that when you click on the mail, do not open Simple Mail, and there was a choice than to open ..
charlie6

Re: [SOLVED] Simple Mail: sending a mail using abook

Post by charlie6 »

Hi Technalsxs,
SOLVED
(this continue my post at page 6 this thread about the possibility to start Simple Mail from command line)
I'm using Abook as adressbook; and i'd like to start SM straight from Abook just by pressing the «m» after recipient's adress selection.
Abook then activates a command like «mutt» + the selected mail adress.

From terminal, the following command line opens a simplemail-mail to johnny@fuzymail.com

firefox mailto:johnny@fuzymail.com

For use with Abook, one has to create
- a bash script named «mutt»having the above command line

#!/bin/sh
firefox mailto:"$@"

Selecting a mail adress in Abook, and typing "m" (stands for "mail to send"), opens firefox and simple mail, and a ready-to-edit-mail with the selected adress in the recipents field.

note: in SM settings, one might uncheck the box «Add to adressbook...» as to avoid to have a redundant adressbook with Abook.

That's all :D
Hope this could help !
Charlie
omji

Post by omji »

It is good...
but causes yahoo mail to act strangley, missing some parts and yahoo dont work correct.

Also Sometimes it just logs out of computer when receiving mail's.
(Linux Mint OS)