Can't access Exite email in Thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
tecky

Can't access Exite email in Thunderbird

Post by tecky »

I typed in smpt.excite.com and pop3.excite.com to set up my account to read my excite email but it won't connect Can u use excite with thunderbird? Is ther a 3rd pary program to fix the problem?
Jim D

Post by Jim D »

Umm.... That's not very much info. Yes, assuming Exite (is that really the spelling?) implements SMTP (which is what I assume you meant) and POP3, you can use TB with them.

If you're getting an error, please post the error message.

-Jim
teckyone

Post by teckyone »

Jim D wrote:Umm.... That's not very much info. Yes, assuming Exite (is that really the spelling?) implements SMTP (which is what I assume you meant) and POP3, you can use TB with them.

If you're getting an error, please post the error message.

-Jim
Yes, I spelled excite corrrectly in my set up, pop3@excite.com/ SMPT.excite.com. When I try to send an email via my TB to anyone using this setup format, the error is: Unable to connect, server down, which it isn't true or it says incorrectly configured. I read somewhere on the internet that Excite makes it impossible for people to read thier excite mail via another mail server so I was wondering if that was the problem. I was wondering if ther was a special configuring. Just like there is a special configuring for Yahoo, & GMAIL. Are U able to configure your TB to access Excite email? If so, what pop3/SMPT account config did u use?
Lost User 121234

Post by Lost User 121234 »

From what I've read, you can't actually access excite mail using the pop services. Only forwarding. In which case, you should go to excite mail, click on "POP Accounts" towards the right around the top of the page and fill in you POP account's settings. If you want actual pop access to excite, you would have to put some money out to them, which it's $19.95/year.

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I figured that, everybody wants a buck! Thanks for the resonce! :}

Post by Guest »

Your pizza is on it's way!