Australis Tabs Always In Titlebar

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
phunkydizco

Australis Tabs Always In Titlebar

Post by phunkydizco »

For the old design there was a add-on that moves tabs into the titlebar in a normal (restored) window. But with the new australis theme this doesn't work anymore. Can someone tell me how to do this with the new firefox design?

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... -titlebar/
Gingerbread Man

Re: Australis Tabs Always In Titlebar

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Tabs are in the title bar by default in Firefox 29+. Do you want to remove the gap at the top between the tabs and the edge of the window? It's there to make it possible to click and drag to move the window, or to change between maximized and restored window sizes by double-clicking.

You can remove the gap with the following user style in either Stylish or userChrome.css

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);
/* The above line should appear only once */

#TabsToolbar { margin-top: 0px !important; }
phunkydizco

Post by phunkydizco »

Yes. Thank you. That works.
strangeluck

Post by strangeluck »

I use the extension Australis Slimmr (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... is-slimmr/) to eliminate that space and move the tabs into the titlebar, it also has a few other features. As for moving and min/max on the window, you can always use the area to the left of the first tab, or any space on the titlebar where no tabs appear to do the same functions, so you're not losing ay functionality really, and on a widescreen laptop display every little bit of real estate helps. It also looks better in my opinion.
mod_wastrel

Post by mod_wastrel »

I wanted to remove even more of the gap, so I have this in addition to the aforementioned code for Stylish:

#main-window:not([customizing]):not([customize-entered]):not([inFullscreen]):not([onclose*="exitPrintPreview"])
  #tab-view-deck { margin-top: -3px !important; }
;) mozillaZine is not Mozilla; just as Godzilla is not God. Neither is Mozilla God... they just think they are (what's that about:mozilla?).
Hey, Mozilla... are you sure you wish to do this? (bug 1121291)
jwh7

Post by jwh7 »

Since the FF29beta update and loss of my beloved Classic Compact 25.0 (CC 29.0a1 had many issues on my setups), I was using Classic Theme Restorer (1.1.8b6 most recently). However, I really didn't like the gap in the titlebar that only the fullscreen modes removed, and wanted something 'simpler' esp since I support many relatives' PCs. I always liked the F11 auto-hide function, and longed for it in normal mode (hey, its been one of those weeks...).

So after much searching and trying custom userChrome.css* in Win7, I happened upon this thread. And I used it all. And I love it. Thanks to you all!

Note that I have Windows' Border Padding at 0, and reduced the Title Bar sizes to 17.

I'm using the Australis Slimmr extension, plus the above css code, slightly appended/tweaked:

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);
/* The above line should appear only once */

#TabsToolbar {
   margin-top:   -3px !important;
   margin-bottom:   -5px !important;
   margin-left:   -5px !important;
   margin-right:   -15px !important;
}

#main-window:not([customizing]):not([customize-entered]):not([inFullscreen]):not([onclose*="exitPrintPreview"])
  #tab-view-deck { margin-top: -5px !important; }

* For those who don't know, or forgot like me (in Win7/etc, and you may have to create the file and/or 'chrome' folder): %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\{your active profile}.default\chrome\userChrome.css
Last edited by jwh7 on March 29th, 2014, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zynthar

Post by Zynthar »

mod_wastrel wrote:I wanted to remove even more of the gap, so I have this in addition to the aforementioned code for Stylish:

#tab-view-deck { margin-top: -3px !important; }

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for :D