Post by Gavin77 »

I've noticed this happening also.
Using this video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viTUha-n1_8

With Chrome:

With Firefox 29 Beta:
Nx64

Re: No Quality option on YouTube

Post by Nx64 »

I should also mention that I uninstalled beta version of Flash Player and installed the latest stable version.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Gavin77 wrote:I've noticed this happening also.
Using this video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viTUha-n1_8

Plays fine also Shows and changes quality for me.. FWIW, No HWA or Blocking extensions of any kind on XP
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

No problems here. Latest Nightly (32-bit), latest stable Flash Player. I also have Adblock Plus with EasyList+EasyPrivacy, so there's nothing in those subscriptions that would hide those options.
Nx64 wrote:I'm unable to close LastPass toolbar, should I create a new topic for this bug?

That sounds like an extension problem. Only the authors of the extension can update it to work with new versions of Firefox, and most aren't going to do that for pre-release versions like Nightly.
Gavin77

Post by Gavin77 »

I've been browsing the Google Product Forums and it seems it's not only Firefox with the quality button problem. There are others using IE and Safari with the same problem so it must be on YouTube's end.
Gavin77

Post by Gavin77 »

By the way, deleting all YouTube cookies and logging back in has fixed it. I should have thought of something so obvious earlier :)
Leonick

Post by Leonick »

Gavin77 wrote:By the way, deleting all YouTube cookies and logging back in has fixed it. I should have thought of something so obvious earlier :)

Wow... Can't believe I didn't try that. Then again, you should never have to touch cookies and why would they set one that prevents quality settings? Now I wish I had looked more closesly at them before removing all my Youtube cookies.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

I doubt there is anything in the cookie that does that on purpose, they've probably just changed the format of the cookies (again) and when YouTube is encountering the old format and trying to read your previous volume and quality settings, it is breaking features.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/