Netscape 7.2 Mail not updating

Composer, ChatZilla and other Mozilla applications, along with Netscape, Galeon, K-Meleon and other products.
Yaz19

Netscape 7.2 Mail not updating

Post by Yaz19 »

Hello,

Last week I had to do a clean re-install of my PC. Prior to the disaster Netscape 7.2 mail would automatically download messages without reservation. Now it won't.

I have gone into the settings and changed the time from 10 minutes to 0 minutes as suggested elsewhere on the net. This did not work. What the heck am I doing wrong?! If someone here is still using NS 7.2 Mail and getting email notifications instantly would you kindly share your settings? Gets very annoying having to either open and close the program or going into the program to get new messages.

Thanks!
DanRaisch

Re: Netscape 7.2 Mail not updating

Post by DanRaisch »

What security software are you running on that system? Have you made sure that the firewall (if any) is granting Netscape access to the Internet?
Yaz19

Post by Yaz19 »

Hello,

I am using Zonealarm Extreme Security under Windows 7. I did take a look at the Firewall settings today and it showed it was trusted. Perhaps I am looking at the wrong place?

Thanks
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Try closing Netscape, removing all references to Netscape from the firewall permissions list, then reboot the system. Launch Netscape and see if things have improved.
James

Post by James »

Not to many are likely still using the ancient NS 7.2 as it came out way back in August 2004 and was based on the Mozilla suite 1.7.2 (last was 1.7.13).
Yaz19

Post by Yaz19 »

Alright I think I know what is going on. Under the Advanced Firewall Settings in Zonealarm I am seeing under Trusted Zone that almost all of the Incoming items are not checked. Which one of these would be the one to use for my Pop server/Netscape?

James I appreciate that NS 7.2 is outdated but it functioned just fine up until last week. There is a way to get it back to that state and I am hoping I can find the assistance to get it there. Furthermore, I am not crazy about having to decipher other email programs like Outlook or Thunderbird to get things working again.
Yaz19

Post by Yaz19 »

Ah excellent - something got fixed by itself in the past 24 hours. I made a note to uncheck and close and re-check to download messages automatically and save. Guess that did the trick.

Now I am getting my messages right away. Weird stuff.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

You might want to try Seamonkey.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."