Zoom Addon

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
jmiller29

Re: Zoom Addon

Post by jmiller29 »

Hi Noitidart.
I know you're probably busy on something else but just wanted to let you know I'm still interested.
No rush. Thanks!
Noitidart

Post by Noitidart »

Hey dooood thanks for the reminder I really appreciate it. Actually since Dec I had this major event where they were shutting down the Addon Builder site and everything of mine was on there, just last week I got everything off. And In the last couple months I learned github, so i'm porting my stuff to there.

But the important thing was to get my files off of builder before they took it down, I got that, so let me throw this addon togather and release this weekend. Much thanks for the reminder.

Help me think of a better name than Zoomr :P but if we can't find one this is perfect. Do you want to help me write a wiki page for it? Like how to use etc? I can invite you to the repo on github I called it Zoomr for now. :)

https://github.com/Noitidart/Zoomr

If you have some time sign up for GitHub and start editing that page :) If you want :)

Just like a simple readme or how to, something that i can also use to help me design the addon better, like what you liked and didnt like and ill try to enhance it :)
Noitidart

Post by Noitidart »

Hey man it's all released finally finally. :)

I was sure to credit you. Thanks a lot for getting me to do this. I've been wanting to make such an addon for a long long time.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/zoomr/
jmiller29

Post by jmiller29 »

That's great news dude! I installed it but something seems to be wrong.
If I hold the Ctrl-Shift keys the red box appears but it doesn't zoom when I click.
Holding down the mouse button offers no zoom either. Do I need an additional support addon or anything?
I'm going to have to try some of your other addons too.
Noitidart

Post by Noitidart »

Btw where are you clicking? Its working fine for me. Clicking on scrollbars wont trigger the zoom. Wats your os win7?
jmiller29

Post by jmiller29 »

I am clicking on a paragraph. I didn't think the extension was installed properly but if I hold ctrl-shift I get the red box though it doesn't zoom. I am running Windows 8. The scratchpad script worked OK.
Noitidart

Post by Noitidart »

Ahhhhh I had left in a debug module which only I have installed. So it would through import error for anyone that doesn't have that module whooooops.

Fixed and uploaded thanks for that man.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/zoomr/
spideymouse

Post by spideymouse »

Noitidart wrote:Hey dooood thanks for the reminder I really appreciate it. Actually since Dec I had this major event where they were shutting down the Addon Builder site and everything of mine was on there, just last week I got everything off. And In the last couple months I learned github, so i'm porting my stuff to there.

But the important thing was to get my files off of builder before they took it down, I got that, so let me throw this addon togather and release this weekend. Much thanks for the reminder.

Help me think of a better name than Zoomr :P but if we can't find one this is perfect. Do you want to help me write a wiki page for it? Like how to use etc? I can invite you to the repo on github I called it Zoomr for now. :)

https://github.com/Noitidart/Zoomr

If you have some time sign up for GitHub and start editing that page :) If you want :)

Just like a simple readme or how to, something that i can also use to help me design the addon better, like what you liked and didnt like and ill try to enhance it :)
I see this is mostly a one-on-one conversation, but I wanted to pitch in an extension name idea if you guys don't mind. Why not call it "Smart Zoom," since that's what it is?
jmiller29

Post by jmiller29 »

Ah! Much better. Thanks!
Smart Zoom sounds like an excellent name.
I'm not good with names. My 10 year old cat is named "cat".
Noitidart

Post by Noitidart »

jmiller29 wrote:Ah! Much better. Thanks!
Smart Zoom sounds like an excellent name.
I'm not good with names. My 10 year old cat is named "cat".

hahahahah thats a hilarious admission
therube

Post by therube »

This looks to work in SeaMonkey with the simple addition of a "SeaMonkey" section in install.rdf:

Code: Select all

<!-- SeaMonkey -->
   <em:targetApplication>
      <Description>
        <em:id>{92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}</em:id>
        <em:minVersion>2.0</em:minVersion>
        <em:maxVersion>2.28</em:maxVersion>
      </Description>
   </em:targetApplication>
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Noitidart

Post by Noitidart »

Wow thank you very much therube!! I have no idea of non firefox things so this is really great! Thank you very much I'll add that.