[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Oma1942

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by Oma1942 »

Aris: I'm a bit confused re your CTR on its download page. I will download your extension after updating to Australis.

It says
It is recommended to switch to a new clean profile (or at least delete 'localstore.rdf' from profile folder) to avoid UI issues after upgrading from Firefox 28 (and older) to Firefox 29 (and newer).

Does the 'localstore.rdf' have to be deleted prior to installing/updating to Fx 29 or after? I understand it's AFTER but would like to have it confirmed. Localstore to be deleted after or before installing CTR?

What info is actually in the localstore.rdf?

Using Fx 28 now.
PS: English is my third language so not always easy to understand all to a T.
Thanks.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

localstore.RDF contains all of your toolbar customizations. Because Firefox 29 has a whole new customization system, some items may get lost in the process of updating, so it's best to start from scratch. You can delete it before or after, it doesn't matter.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Oma1942
Like patrick said deleting the file before of after installing Fx29+ is both fine. Just make sure to remove it before installing CTR or you will have to move some items to toolbars CTR adss on first run.
I also would suggest to install the latest 1.1.9beta from versions page instead of v1.1.8.

marty60 wrote:
Aris wrote:Your browser crashes with appbutton on add-ons bar?
This does not happen here, but the appmenu popup could use a different position, when button is on add-ons bar.

The menu always popped up to the right but now no matter where it is on the Addon bar the browser crashes.

Are we talking about appmenu restored by CTR or about the panel menu button introduced in FX?

I know you hear this here a lot, but does this happen on a new profile too?
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Aris wrote:Are we talking about appmenu restored by CTR or about the panel menu button introduced in FX?

I know you hear this here a lot, but does this happen on a new profile too?

It's no problem, I tested it on a new profile earlier. I'm talking about the CTR-restored app button and it does crash on a new profile. The way I reproduced it is to sandwich the button in between two flexible spaces, which is how I have it setup on my normal profile. If there's only one flexible space on the addon bar and the button's to the right of that then it's ok.
Oma1942

Post by Oma1942 »

Aris wrote:@Oma1942
Like patrick said deleting the file before of after installing Fx29+ is both fine. Just make sure to remove it before installing CTR or you will have to move some items to toolbars CTR adss on first run.
I also would suggest to install the latest 1.1.9beta from versions page instead of v1.1.8.
Thanks very much Aris. Question though:
I show in Fx profile these 2 rdf. files:

1) localstore.rdf (33.4KB) AND 2) localstore-safe.rdf (169 bytes)

Question: Do BOTH need to be deleted? or just the 1st one?
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

-safe is for Firefox's safe-mode, I think you can keep it.
gone
kizer8

Post by kizer8 »

Any opportunity to have an option to make the navigation toolbar background color the same color as the menu bar background color?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Last edited by Aris on April 28th, 2014, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aris

Post by Aris »

marty60 wrote:...

It's no problem, I tested it on a new profile earlier. I'm talking about the CTR-restored app button and it does crash on a new profile. The way I reproduced it is to sandwich the button in between two flexible spaces, which is how I have it setup on my normal profile. If there's only one flexible space on the addon bar and the button's to the right of that then it's ok.

Still works for me even with the appbutton between two flexible spaces on add-ons bar using WinXP.
http://i60.tinypic.com/osrc4n.jpg

kizer8 wrote:Any opportunity to have an option to make the navigation toolbar background color the same color as the menu bar background color?

An option to achieve this can be added on a future update.

In the mean time this code will do the job, if added to a Stylish profile:

Code: Select all

/* AGENT_SHEET */
#navigator-toolbox toolbar{
  background:none !important;
}
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme)::after,
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme)::before {
  box-shadow: none !important;
}
#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][tabsontop="false"] #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
  background:unset !important;
}
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Aris wrote:Still works for me even with the appbutton between two flexible spaces on add-ons bar using WinXP.
http://i60.tinypic.com/osrc4n.jpg

Well I guess I'm the only one in the universe with the problem again. :--). Unless someone else can reproduce it I'll just remove it for now.

Update: I just discovered a workaround in case by chance anyone else runs into the same problem: it works when I right click the mouse button but not the left anymore. This only started in the last few betas so if anyone has an explanation that would help.
igorruckert

Post by igorruckert »

How to help translate this extension??? :?:
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Aris wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:@Aris,

When do you recommend using /* AGENT_SHEET */ in styles?

Whenever a style fails I would recommend also to try /* AGENT_SHEET */ besides the already known !important overrider and the parentNode override way (see below).

#item {width:30px;}
->
#item {width:40px !important;}
->
#'specific toolbar' #item {width:50px !important;}
->
/* AGENT_SHEET */
#main-window #'specific toolbar' #item {width:50px !important;}

All CTR styles/options are registered as agent sheets, so modifying them with Stylish requires /* AGENT_SHEET */ string.

Interest. Thanks.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
nolanvode

Post by nolanvode »

Aris wrote:I just copied your code into a Stylish profile. Nothing special.
Probably something on your side interferes and you should try to add !important and /* AGENT_SHEET */ to your styles.

/* AGENT_SHEET */ 
#back-button[disabled="true"] { display: none !important;}
#forward-button[disabled="true"] { display: none !important;}

Can you spot what's wrong here, because I cant get it to work in Stylish or userchrome.css
mindwarp42

Post by mindwarp42 »

Aris wrote:
mindwarp42 wrote:
I actually noticed this as well on 29.0rc1 with CTR 1.1.9beta16 when I installed it this morning. I didn't have much time before work, and I won't be home tonight to troubleshoot it, but Forecastfox 2.2.4 wasn't in the customization palette. I had that open since I had to reset up my back/forward buttons because of the latest changes. Before, I had it outside of the status bar shim, on S4E's add-on bar (S4E should be version 2014.02.18.00b for me). Oddly enough, everything else on that was back in the customization palette, but I could reset it up. This didn't happen in the 4/25 Nightly 31.0a1 build with the same CTR version. I'm running it on Win 7 Home Premium x64.

I did a few more test with CTR 1.1.8 and latest CTR beta and Forecastfox always reappeared.

- clean profile
- installed CTR v1.1.8
- installed Forecastfox 2.2.4 (and it appeared on CTR status bar)
- moved Forecastfox outside status-bar shim to CTRs addition toolbar
- installed CTR v1.1.9beta16
- Forecastfox reappeared on CTRs addon bar inside status bar shim

- clean profile
- installed CTR v1.1.8
- installed Forecastfox 2.2.4 (and it appeared on CTR status bar)
- moved Forecastfox outside status-bar to bookmarks toolbar
- installed CTR v1.1.9beta16
- Forecastfox stayed on bookmarks toolbar

What version of Firefox did you try this in? Forecastfox is working fine with Nightly (still as of the 4/27 nightly), but not with 29.0rc1 (there was a release candidate build that did have some changes from the last 29 beta that came out last weekend), with the same CTR version and Forecastfox.. Both the profile I use with Nightly and with the 29 builds have the same extensions list (to make this clearer if need be, I am using separate profiles with both, just set up the same way), so it would be odd (but not impossible) for it to be a conflict. I may try reinstalling the last 29 beta instead and see what happens besides trying a test profile. I'm off from my first job tomorrow, so I'll have some time to troubleshoot this more. (crosses fingers)

Aris wrote:
mindwarp42 wrote:Unrelated to that, and sadly I haven't had time for more testing with a new profile, but does anyone else have any buttons moved before the URL bar vanish on a reboot, until you open the customization palette, when they just reappear in the right spots? I hadn't seen it mentioned, and it's been happening for a number of versions of both CTR and CTB now (I'm running 1.4.0beta9 for CTB currently). If no one's seen it, that's fine - I just need to find the time to track down the conflict if there is one with the other extensions I have installed, which is why I hadn't reported it before. (sighs)

This does not happened here. Maybe a new profile might help?

Oddly enough, this literally just fixed itself as of the last day or so, it seems, possibly with CTR 1.1.9beta16, in both Nightly and the 29 builds. I'm going to snag beta19 and see if it stays fixed. (crosses fingers again, as this was odd, but if it finally stays fixed, I'm fine).
JethroB

Post by JethroB »

MeanMotherJr wrote:Is there anyway to enable Aero on the navigation bar? It's really bothering me and if I could fix that I would be using Nightly again. Also, there seems to be a weird graphical glitch on the tabs bar. Thanks!

How I want Firefox to look: http://i.imgur.com/0H4RXlS.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the code for what you want but I found the following code somewhere amongst the many pages of this thread and it worked fine for me for the part that I wanted to be transparent:

#nav-bar[tabsontop="false"]{
  background:none !important;
  border:0 !important;
  box-shadow:none !important;
}
#PersonalToolbar[tabsontop="false"]{
  border-top: 1px solid grey !important;
  border-top-left-radius: 2.5px !important;
  border-top-right-radius: 2.5px !important;
}

Cheers :)
Firefox: Latest Nightly (Australis)...|...Firefox Theme: Latest Default
Tab Mix Plus: Latest Dev.Build......|...Classic Theme Restorer: Latest Dev.Build