[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
oxtx

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by oxtx »

Aris wrote:
oxtx wrote:how can I change tab look on os x? I have images for tab left, tab center and tab right. anyway to overwrite ctr's tabs on os x via userstyle?

Set CTRs tabs to "Australis (default)" (first tab option) and they won't be touched by this add-on.

I tried to choose australis default but CTR's tabs were still visible. how can I replace them?

the images I wanna replace with;

left

http://i.imgur.com/nPCX3va.png

right

http://i.imgur.com/Zpzg6AM.png

center

http://i.imgur.com/ShwjioV.png

also combined if needed

http://i.imgur.com/XFpyodO.png

how can I achive? I tried tabbrowser-tabs:before and after also tinkered other css selectors but no success. maybe Im asking too much but what exact css selectors I should use for replacing tab left,right and center? thanks.
nametakenlolwtf

Post by nametakenlolwtf »

How do I change the foggy white colour background on the url bar borders to aero looking one? Also, how do you get back that refresh button?

http://i.imgur.com/Bppjyz4.png

Is the star bookmark on the url working for you? It does not work for me
Last edited by nametakenlolwtf on April 30th, 2014, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

elma wrote:
elma wrote:Thanks for the great extension. The main reason I added is to see if it would let me undock reload button from navigation toolbar so I can put reload where it belongs: Next to the back and forward arrows. No idea what Mozilla was thinking! Unfortunately I can't do that or haven't figured out how with your extension. Is it possible, or is there another way?

While I'm posting, I clicked combine reload & stop buttons and it worked, but when I unchecked it they still remain combined. Even after browser restart and even laptop restart. Solution? Thanks!

Can I get a response to the second part of my original post. Thanks!

What version are you using? This happens to me if I use the beta build but not if I use the "release" build (v1.1.8).
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Hi, Aris, Thank you for providing the great add-on.

I have a problem with this add-on.

Steps To Reproduce
1. Install CTR version1.1.8 and restart
2. Customize and put some icon into ctr addonbar
3. Restart

4. Install CTR version1.1.9beta19 and restart

Actual Results:
All customization is lost

Expected Results:
Customization should be persisted

I know that CTR changed ids and class name between version 1.1.8 and 1.1.9.
However, I think that it becomes the problem when version 1.1.9 is approved, and it was in public.

Is there the plan providing a migration code to 1.1.9 to reduce the confusion of the user?
elma

Post by elma »

smsmith wrote:
elma wrote:While I'm posting, I clicked combine reload & stop buttons and it worked, but when I unchecked it they still remain combined. Even after browser restart and even laptop restart. Solution? Thanks!

Can I get a response to the second part of my original post. Thanks!

smsmith wrote:What version are you using? This happens to me if I use the beta build but not if I use the "release" build (v1.1.8).

Was happening with 1.1.8 but also now happening with 1.1.9beta19.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

The 'appbutton on toolbar' option has to be selected, if the button should appear as a default toolbar button.

Before even 'appbutton on titlelar' displayed 'appbutton on toolbars', if OS titlebar was used. That was too confusing for some people, so I removed this feature.

sorry, i mean the new "hamburger" button (like Wildcat wrote) from australis. with build .18 there is again the seperator and button itself shows outside nav-bar, i cant move it wether ist enabled in ctr or not.

the old "firefox"-button from above left ist out here, i have a reduced menu shown.

seems to be fixed in beta build 19 =D>

some bars are showing now also lines above with 30beta1, fixed with code i postet before here.
Last edited by Brummelchen on April 30th, 2014, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
kukla

Post by kukla »

Thanks very much Aris for the help with the CSS for getting things inside boxes again.

BTW, have been trying to make a contribution through PayPal, but it's not working from the Add-on, either from the contribute button, or the PayPal button. I get sent to PayPal, where I've logged in, but nothing happens, or I get a PayPal iFrame at the Add-on, which I allow from NoScript and the page just goes dark and nothing happens. If it's not just me, you might want to contact AMO about this so it can be fixed.
Last edited by kukla on April 30th, 2014, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
cnwinger

Post by cnwinger »

quick question: I can easily change the active tab color/gradient, using the Australis default curved tabs, but then it doesn't match the menu bar color (which stays light blue). is there a way to change the menu bar color as well?
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

Aris wrote:This will do the job too, but there could probably be negative side effects on some configurations.

Code not tested much. Anything below 44px will break (squared) tabs ui.

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned])[fadein]{
  min-width: 44px !important;
}

First, thank you very much for this priceless addon, Aris!

I've been using https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tab-width/ "in order to let tabs shrink infinitely", and so I'd been free of the Scroll Buttons for many years...but now they're back thanks to FF29. But otherwise I don't see any issues...so please

is there a way to remove the Scroll Buttons? They appear even though none of my Tabs aren't visible, i.e. for no reason.
spudsrus

Post by spudsrus »

One Issue and a suggestion, Otherwise thanks very much for the addon!

Issue: Double clicking to open a new tab opens to about:newtab even though It's not set to that in browser.newtab.url
Is there a setting to change this and what is it?

This addon and colourful tabs don't seem to play nice, Any chance of getting tab colours that are set based on domain ?
It's one of the best features of that plugin since once you get used to it you can easily see what sites you have open from the colours

Post by 1848 »

Hi!

When double-clicking on the tab row to open a new tab, the about:newtab page appears. Is there a way to make it so that a blank page (about:blank) appears instead?

I like the blank page because it automatically puts the typing focus on the URL bar, unlike about:newtab. Furthermore, not having the focus in the URL bar means that if I type something, it's getting typed in my Find bar instead.
cyrix007

Post by cyrix007 »

cyrix007 wrote:Is it somehow possible to open a new tab by single-clicking instead of double-clicking?

Aris wrote:There was a js script for Scriptish addon a couple of page ago, where you should be able to replace 'dblclick' with 'click' to achieve what you want.

Hi Aris, I'm sorry but I just couldn't find that script in this thread. Can you point me in the right direction? Appreciate it. I know you're busy.
mayhemkrew

[Ext] Theme Restorer Aero Effect

Post by mayhemkrew »

So Firefox has been updated to 29.0 and I installed your Add-On (awesome work!) and I got everything laid out how it was in version 28.0 except the Aero effect is not working near the top around the address bar. I do have it enabled on the machine as other windows have the effect. Am I missing a setting or something else I should check? Here are a couple screen shots...

Aero effect on version 28.0

No Aero effect on version 29.0 with Theme Restorer
sensitive

Post by sensitive »

I don't see the forward button. I'm having problem with it.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Alice0775 wrote:Hi, Aris, Thank you for providing the great add-on.

I have a problem with this add-on.

Steps To Reproduce
1. Install CTR version1.1.8 and restart
2. Customize and put some icon into ctr addonbar
3. Restart

4. Install CTR version1.1.9beta19 and restart

Actual Results:
All customization is lost

Expected Results:
Customization should be persisted

I know that CTR changed ids and class name between version 1.1.8 and 1.1.9.
However, I think that it becomes the problem when version 1.1.9 is approved, and it was in public.

Is there the plan providing a migration code to 1.1.9 to reduce the confusion of the user?

@Alice0775,

The IDs of the various elements of CTR such as added toolbars, movable status bar, etc., I believe were changed between the 2 versions you are using. The changes were at the prompting of the addon reviewer(s). You will have to redo your button placement and other CTR customizations that you did previously. All should be go after that.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi