[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Elbart

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by Elbart »

31k downloads on April 29th, 40k downloads on April 30th, daily users from 8k on April 28th to 47k on April 30th. Wow!
gone
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Elbart wrote:31k downloads on April 29th, 40k downloads on April 30th, daily users from 8k on April 28th to 47k on April 30th. Wow!

Hahaha, this suppose force Mozilla to think a bit but I doubt They will...

Congrats Aris, for You as developer this is a huge success for Mozilla not so huge :D
Srap

Post by Srap »

Hi Aris. Is it possible to apply the same opaque effect on the tab bar when it is on top (img)? If not, do you plan to implement it in the future, or should I look for an userstyle?
Firefox 29, CTR version 1.1.9beta20

edits: fighting with images
Last edited by Srap on May 1st, 2014, 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sorry for my bad English. Even if there wasn't a mistake.
MisterCerberus

Post by MisterCerberus »

Thank you so much for this. I opened Firefox this morning and just thought 'Oh come on, what's this now?'

If I could offer some suggestions for additions: In Australis, the tabs are fixed above the URL bar and are designed with no border underneath to appear to merge into the URL bar. When you use this addon to move the tabs below the URL bar (where they belong), there is still no border below the tabs, so there is nothing seperating the tabs bar from the page itself

See comparison:

Top: Firefox 29, with Classic Theme Restorer - No bottom border
Bottom: Firefox 28 - Bottom border

Also, an issue I've encountered is that when activating the option Tabs Toolbar: Double click opens new tab, it happens even when you double click on the tab navigation arrows. This essentially makes the option unusable.

And a minor nitpick that would nevertheless improve things: There is now a small gap between the edge of the browser and the first tab (Noticable in the image above). While this wouldn't usually be an issue, when the tab navigation arrows appear, they are now not touching the edge of the browser. Usually I would simply move my cursor to the edge of the broswer and click, now I have to be more precise. There is also for some reason quite a sizable empty gap between the last tab and the right tab navigation arrow. Minor I know, but still something I've encountered.

Again, thanks for this addon.
Last edited by MisterCerberus on May 1st, 2014, 11:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Yaron10

Post by Yaron10 »

Hi Aris,

Thanks for your work. What would we do without you? :)

I use Windows Classic look.
- When tabs are in title bar, Roboform toolbar has a strange blueish background color. How can I fix it? (background: -moz-dialog; doesn't help).

I'd like to add a top border to about:config search bar. What's the element ID?

I'd be grateful for your help.
MT89

Post by MT89 »

I have been almost able to restore firefox to pre version 29 with your extension ( Thank You ) I only have one issue with the ui. When you add a button to the navigation toolbar that opens a sidebar, like bookmarks or history, the button pops out instead of depressing when clicked. It seems inconsitent with the other buttons ( I assume this is maybe intentional to show the button is active? ). It also is the only thing that breaks the theme I use ( FX Chrome ).

Here are some pictures to illustrate what I am saying.
This is what the button looks like in FF version 28 when clicked. ( It depresses instead of popping out )

This is what the button looks like in FF version 29 when clicked. ( It pops out instead of depressing )

This is what the button looks like in FF version 29 when it is clicked but not released. This is what I was expecting the button to look like when clicked and released.

This is what the button looks like in FF version 29 with FXChrome theme when clicked ( You can see it is broken )

First I know this addon does not support themes other than default but it seems that the problem is cause by the way the button acts ( because it does it with the default theme , not as ugly though ).

Is there a way to fix this? Once again thanks for the addon and sorry if this seems a bit nitpicky but I assume you would like to know any user percieved ui bugs so you can make your extension better.
anirrr

Post by anirrr »

I have been advised to reask my question on this thread.

firefox 29
I use addon classic theme restorer 1.1.8

I have the zoom in and out buttons on the menu bar. In firefox 29 the zoom percentage is also displayed.
Can I keep the zoom buttons, but remove the percentage number?

Thanks.
Sun-flower

Post by Sun-flower »

I believe this is the support site for this add-on. I have just installed it after installing FF29. I have tried to make my toolbar buttons go large by choosing "Set nav-bar[icon size='large'] and the icons do go large but on restart they go small again. This happens every time. How do I get them to stay large?
nolanvode

Post by nolanvode »

Aris wrote:Your code works for the default back and forward buttons, but do you probably have CTRs 'mov. back/forward button' option enabled?
If yes, try this:

Code: Select all

/* AGENT_SHEET */
#ctraddon_back-button[disabled="true"],
#ctraddon_forward-button[disabled="true"],
#back-button[disabled="true"],
#forward-button[disabled="true"] {
  display: none !important;
}

That works. Nice.

Aris...great work...much appreciation I'm sure from all those faceless fans whose Firefox experience would have been ruined if not for your efforts.

This is the fastest growing thread I've ever seen, and for good reason considering what you've tackled here, not to mention the attention you will get once 29 is released.

A Classic Theme Restorer options tab should be default in FX 29. Dedicated and loyal users should have these choices available at their discretion...after all, it's not like it could not have been done in the first place as you are demonstrating so very well. I hope the developers are monitoring.
ThiefMaster

Post by ThiefMaster »

This extension messes up the responsive design view UI (moves the controls below the browser pane), see this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Digd4TI.png

Apparently you are setting -moz-box-ordinal-group: 10; for all toolbar elements instead of just the relevant ones... And unfortunately I can't override this via userChrome.css for some strange reason.

Edit: I managed to get it working using this userChrome.css rule:

Code: Select all

.devtools-responsiveui-toolbar ~ * {
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 11;
}

PS: Have you considered using a GitHub repo? Either to actually put the sourcecode there or at least to get a decent issue tracker. I guess this forums thread is a huge pain for you to keep track of...
Last edited by ThiefMaster on May 1st, 2014, 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Detection

Post by Detection »

Thanks for adding the "Double click tab bar open new tab" but there is a problem, it does open a new tab, but I have SpeedDial set as my new tab page, and it doesn't open my speeddial, it opens a different version of it, I think maybe Firefox's own speeddial with only a few recent sites added to it

Any chance of allowing the new tab to open as the SpeedDial addon instead?

This is the addon
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... peed-dial/

WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

PimpUigi wrote:
gaberad2 wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Is anyone else who has removed the hamburger button and divider to its left from the nav bar seeing both reappear on a cold start of the browser as well as find it not removable when opening up the Customize... dialog?

I also noticed this after updating to the latest CTR beta. When you try to remove the hamburger off the toolbar the customize interface closes.

I was having this. Don't know if it's fixed or not.

Yes, since Beta 19, this has been fixed.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
cyrix007

Post by cyrix007 »

anirrr wrote:I have been advised to reask my question on this thread.

firefox 29
I use addon classic theme restorer 1.1.8

I have the zoom in and out buttons on the menu bar. In firefox 29 the zoom percentage is also displayed.
Can I keep the zoom buttons, but remove the percentage number?

Thanks.

This will give you what you need: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2826005
GermanKiwi

Post by GermanKiwi »

r543 wrote:The new firefox doesn't have the small icon:
Can you please add that or add a space so that the new tab text isn't on the left side ?

...and...
laprupio wrote:Would be nice to have an extra option to restore the pre-australis "empty favicon placeholder" (see: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... y-favicon/)

This option is already provided with Classic Theme Restorer - it was introduced in version 1.1.9beta7 (from here). You can find it on the Special tab -> General UI -> "Restore empty favicon". Works a treat!
userneem

Post by userneem »

Bug report:

As I resize the firefox window to its minimal size and then resize it back to its original size, all controls in the toolbar aside from the address bar are gone.
This only happens with Classic Theme Restorer enabled. (Otherwise, they are restoreed as I resize the window back to its original size)

Thanks.