[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Zoom31

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by Zoom31 »

Hello!
Can anyone tell me how to modify the buttons themselves....the database states there are selections to modify the buttons under the customize tab. But mine only has one row of buttons at the bottom to add and or modify the toolbars. The second row of selections to modify the buttons themselves are missing.
Thanks!
MT89

Post by MT89 »

MT89 wrote:I have been almost able to restore firefox to pre version 29 with your extension ( Thank You ) I only have one issue with the ui. When you add a button to the navigation toolbar that opens a sidebar, like bookmarks or history, the button pops out instead of depressing when clicked. It seems inconsitent with the other buttons ( I assume this is maybe intentional to show the button is active? ). It also is the only thing that breaks the theme I use ( FX Chrome ).

Here are some pictures to illustrate what I am saying.
This is what the button looks like in FF version 28 when clicked. ( It depresses instead of popping out )

This is what the button looks like in FF version 29 when clicked. ( It pops out instead of depressing )

This is what the button looks like in FF version 29 when it is clicked but not released. This is what I was expecting the button to look like when clicked and released.

This is what the button looks like in FF version 29 with FXChrome theme when clicked ( You can see it is broken )

First I know this addon does not support themes other than default but it seems that the problem is cause by the way the button acts ( because it does it with the default theme , not as ugly though ).

Is there a way to fix this? Once again thanks for the addon and sorry if this seems a bit nitpicky but I assume you would like to know any user percieved ui bugs so you can make your extension better.

Update. I installed FF 29 on a windows 8 machine and installed CTR and I do not have this issue. The problem seems to be on linux only ( I am using ubuntu 14.04 ) Is there any kind of CSS fix for this?
Aestuo

Post by Aestuo »

Thank you Aris,

This add on is great. I jumped on my FF today and I felt lost.
I didn't recognize it at all.
I'm glad to have found your creation.
Everything is pretty much available as far as what I wanted to do.
I did however notice that when I add the bookmark star in the url and bookmark a page
(I bookmarked this thread)
the star doesn't turn blue allowing me to, at a glance, tell if I have indeed bookmarked the page or not.
The only other thing I had any difficulty with had nothing to do with your app per se, but rather the fact that
now that I have it, and have set up my FF with it.. . I can't seem to recall what is still missing from the left side of my tab, home, history, back and forth buttons, on the left side of the url bar. I notice i keep bringing my mouse over there but I can't figure out what I'm headed for.

If I would have known that my entire layout was gonna be hijacked and taken over, I would have made sure to take some screen shots.
I'll be doing that from now on I suppose. ](*,)
JethroB

Re: [Ext] Theme Restorer Aero Effect

Post by JethroB »

mayhemkrew wrote:So Firefox has been updated to 29.0 and I installed your Add-On (awesome work!) and I got everything laid out how it was in version 28.0 except the Aero effect is not working near the top around the address bar. I do have it enabled on the machine as other windows have the effect. Am I missing a setting or something else I should check? Here are a couple screen shots...

Aero effect on version 28.0

No Aero effect on version 29.0 with Theme Restorer

I posted a Stylish code back on Page 90 / April 29th which may be what you are looking for.

Click Here to read the post with the code.
Firefox: Latest Nightly (Australis)...|...Firefox Theme: Latest Default
Tab Mix Plus: Latest Dev.Build......|...Classic Theme Restorer: Latest Dev.Build
ygoe

Post by ygoe »

Aris wrote:
LonelyPixel wrote:It seems the style of "pinned" and "titlechanged" tabs has changed compared to Firefox 28. I can hardly see the highlighting anymore. (...)

Try something like this in Stylish:
/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar .tabbrowser-tab[pinned][titlechanged]:not([selected="true"]){
background-image: linear-gradient(to top, rgb(134, 141, 148) 0px, transparent 1px), linear-gradient(to top, rgb(255, 192, 204), rgb(255, 212, 225), rgb(255, 222, 236)) !important;}

Thank you. I've polished it a bit and uploaded it to userstyles.org. I didn't have the Stylish add-on installed but if it's the only way to apply this style, I think I'll keep it.

http://userstyles.org/styles/101039/pinned-tabs-titlechanged-gradient-style-firefox
ygoe

Re: Cleartype problem

Post by ygoe »

dohanin wrote:I noticed an issue with cleartype rendering in tab's text.
(...)
However, with curved tabs, the rendering is not correct, using whole pixel.

Any idea if this is fixable?

This seems like a known bug in Firefox. It uses greyscale anti-aliasing whenever it thinks the layer might be transparent. There must be a series of bugs, here's one: Bug 629891 - Tooltip text rendered with grayscale anti-aliasing
moztly

Post by moztly »

Is there a way to have a combined Stop/Restart button that I can place for example on the far left of the toolbar? I checked Combine Stop and Reload buttons but it still shows 2 buttons, one for stop and one for reload.
pheeew

Post by pheeew »

Hello Aris,
first of all I want to THANK YOU to make Firefox usable again.
I was wondering if it will be possible to display the page title in the same line (very top) as the orange Firefox button and the Menue entries (File, Edit, View...).
As soon as I select "Tabs on Titlebar" in CTR options the (important) page title is completly gone and if I deselect it I will get a new row (consuming more valuable space) but not more Buttons/Information and the square Firefox button is also gone .
I would really appreciate it if you or somebody else could give me a hint on how to put the page title information back in the top bar.
I also use Tree Style Tab extension, so there are no horizontal tabs in my layout - just in case this information is usefull.

Thx and keep up the great work.
Cobold

Post by Cobold »

bludshot wrote:Is there a way to have a combined Stop/Restart button that I can place for example on the far left of the toolbar? I checked Combine Stop and Reload buttons but it still shows 2 buttons, one for stop and one for reload.

You have to place the button next to each other in that order; 'Stop' button to the left, 'Refresh' to the right. Then they are combined as soon as you end the editing-mode :).
“Sure, the Germans have made a few mistakes, but that’s why pencils have erasers!” - Homer J. Simpson
Cobold

Post by Cobold »

bludshot wrote:Is there a way to have a combined Stop/Restart button that I can place for example on the far left of the toolbar? I checked Combine Stop and Reload buttons but it still shows 2 buttons, one for stop and one for reload.

You have to place the button next to each other in the following order: 'Stop' button to the left, 'Refresh' to the right. ONLY THEN they are combined as soon as you end the editing-mode :).
Last edited by Cobold on May 2nd, 2014, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Sure, the Germans have made a few mistakes, but that’s why pencils have erasers!” - Homer J. Simpson
Cobold

Post by Cobold »

ouch, doublepost! :?
Cobold

Post by Cobold »

Wow, totally messed up the "quote" and the "edit" buttons. Sorry :cry:
moztly

Post by moztly »

Wow, took you 4 posts but thanks, that works great! :D
Cobold

Post by Cobold »

bludshot wrote:Wow, took you 4 posts but thanks, that works great! :D

Yea, don't know what I did there. Always tried to edit my post and used the quote-button instead :shock:
foxhandle

Post by foxhandle »

OK, this is a petty problem and there may be an obvious solution I'm simply overlooking, but the address bar is now a lighter gray that clashes akwardly with the darker gray title bar above it and darker gray tabs below it. Is there any way to re-darken the address bar to match my newly re-squared and re-lowered tabs?

I can find options to change the colour of the tabs, but then they won't match the title bar.

Note: I have a Mac, so if you're using Windows it probably looks different for you; I can post a screenshot of how mine looks if need be.