[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
BlueDusk95

FF29+Classic Theme Restorer problem

Post by BlueDusk95 »

Hi,
I don't know the proper word, there used to be a sort of address "balloon" popping in the bottom of the window while moving the cursor on links, and it's not here any more.
Now I don't know what links really point to and I've no idea why this feature disappeared.
BTW I hate Australis and I'm configuring Seamonkey, considering to move back to it since it still looks like not-Chrome.
LoudNoise

Re: FF29+Classic Theme Restorer problem

Post by LoudNoise »

Merging with the CTR thread.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by Aris »

kukla wrote:A FYI: in case you can't get the star button in url option to appear or work properly, like me, after countless hours of fruitlessly trying other things--the fix is quite simple. You must be certain that the new 29 combined bookmarking and bookmarks button is present just to the right of the url bar before trying to use the CTR option for the old star in url button. If it's there, once you select the CTR option and restart, it disappears and the star button is happy.

I realize Aris must be completely overwhelmed right now, but maybe in a future release he can include some kind of alert about this. Could go right where the "must restart for this to take effect" notice is.

Only found this after stumbling on it from a google search. It's buried on p.43 inside this thread.
Aris wrote:Make sure you have placed the bookmarks button after urlbar like shown on the info popup inside CTRs prefwindow while hovering the corresponding option.
...[urlbar][bookmarks button]... ---> starbutton in urlbar

EDIT: Oh, I'm seeing that Aris has now included a more prominent note about this just above.
star-button in urlbar issues
Make sure your bookmarks button (the new one with the star and the bookmarks menu) is on a toolbar, before enabling the star-button in urlbar option (just in case).

UPDATE: Was finally able to make a contribution. Ironically, had to use Safari.

Star-button always worked for me, because I never removed it. The quote you were referring to is outdated. Back then the button was moved on urlbar differently.
I will fix the issue were the star button has to on a toolbar, so no extra info required about that one.

Yes I wanted to post this already yesterday, but as you see the thread growth and growth, so I had to collect all other comments first. ;-)

"UPDATE: Was finally able to make a contribution. Ironically, had to use Safari."
Thanks you. So the problem was Firefox itself or one of is add-on?
At least we don't have to use different browsers to download add-ons from AMO. :mrgreen:

BlueDusk95 wrote:Hi,
I don't know the proper word, there used to be a sort of address "balloon" popping in the bottom of the window while moving the cursor on links, and it's not here any more.
Now I don't know what links really point to and I've no idea why this feature disappeared.
BTW I hate Australis and I'm configuring Seamonkey, considering to move back to it since it still looks like not-Chrome.

I don't think this has anything to do with this add-on, because CTR does not touch that popup. Maybe Status4Ever is installed?
Last edited by Aris on May 2nd, 2014, 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aris

Post by Aris »

kukla

Post by kukla »

"UPDATE: Was finally able to make a contribution. Ironically, had to use Safari."
Thanks you. So the problem was Firefox itself or one of is add-on?
At least we don't have to use different browsers to download add-ons from AMO. :mrgreen:

I think it was probably some option in NoScript that was preventing this. And you are very welcome. I know that you have really been knocking yourself out these past few days. I think there are very few devs of Add-ons who would go the extra mile the way you have. (And very glad to hear you will be removing the issue that prevented me from getting the star in url bar working properly.)

Just a quick question for whenever you have the time to get around to it. I know nothing about writing css. All I know is how to use it. The code you wrote to put icons and buttons in boxes is working fine for all items (Mac.) The only tweaking it needs is to get the outlining/boxes to show up a little bolder, the way it used to in Fx28. If you can perhaps suggest a modification to do this. Again, only when you have a chance to breathe a little. This was the code you wrote a few days ago. Much appreciated.
Of if someone else wants to give this a try.

Code: Select all

Code: Select all
toolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any([type="menu-button"],[disabled],[open],#back-button,#forward-button)):not(:hover),
toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not([disabled]):not(:hover):not([open]) > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-button,
toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not([disabled]):not(:hover):not([open]) > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
toolbar .toolbaritem-combined-buttons:not(:hover) > .toolbarbutton-combined {
  border-color: hsla(0,0%,0%,.2) !important;
  box-shadow: 0 1px 0 hsla(0,0%,100%,.5),
              0 1px 0 hsla(0,0%,100%,.5) inset !important;
}

toolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any([type="menu-button"],[disabled],[open],#back-button,#forward-button)):not(:hover),
toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([disabled],[open]))[buttonover] > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-button,
toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([disabled],[open],[buttonover])):not(:hover) > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker {
  background: hsla(0,0%,100%,.1) linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,100%,.3), hsla(0,0%,100%,.1)) padding-box !important;
}

toolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any([type="menu-button"],[disabled],#back-button,#forward-button)):-moz-any(:not(:hover):active,[open],[checked]),
toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([disabled],[open]))[buttonover]:active > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-button,
toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([disabled],[open],[buttonover])):not(:hover):active > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"][open]:not([disabled]) > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker {
  background: hsla(0,0%,0%,.02) linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,0%,.12), hsla(0,0%,0%,0)) border-box !important;
  border-color: hsla(0,0%,0%,.3) !important;
  box-shadow: 0 1px 0 hsla(0,0%,100%,.5),
              0 1px 0 hsla(0,0%,0%,.05) inset,
              0 1px 1px hsla(0,0%,0%,.2) inset !important;
  transition-duration: 10ms !important;
}

toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[checked]:not(:active):not(:hover) {
  background-color: hsla(0,0%,0%,.09) !important;
  transition: background-color 250ms !important;
}
Yaron10

Post by Yaron10 »

Yaron10 wrote:

Hi Aris,

Thanks for your work. What would we do without you? :)

I use Windows Classic look.
- When tabs are in title bar, Roboform toolbar has a strange blueish background color. How can I fix it? (background: -moz-dialog; doesn't help).

I'd like to add a top border to about:config search bar. What's the element ID?

I'd be grateful for your help.

Aris wrote:

Since Roboform toolbar is not on AMO and only available through setups I won't install it on my system. Any way to share the xpi file?

If you have toolbars id you could try to force a different background color with Stylish and your code, but you maybe need /*AGENT_SHEET*/ inserted into your style for it to work.

The id of the about:config search bar is: #filterRow
Use dom inspector + element inspecotr to easy find out ids by using shift+rightclick on their ui items.

Thank you so much. Your patience is amazing.

Here is a link to Roboform xpi file. I don't think it would work without a setup.
http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/52550364/file.html

The following code works with Roboform toolbar (with your kind help):

#nav-bar ~ toolbar:not(#addon-bar) { border-top: 1px solid ThreeDShadow !important; }
#rf-toolbar-container { border-top: 1px solid white !important; }

but not with #filterRow nor with #PlacesToolbar.

#nav-bar ~ toolbar:not(#addon-bar) { border-top: 1px solid ThreeDShadow !important; }
#filterRow, #PlacesToolbar { border-top: 1px solid white !important; }

What could be the reason?

I wish you the very best.
GermanKiwi

Post by GermanKiwi »

Hi Aris, thanks for your reply to my previous post (found here) - I won't re-quote that post as it was quite long. But regarding your answers:

1) Yes, Status-4-Evar can already do that, but I'd much prefer to have this functionality provided by CTR, so that I don't have to install and use yet another extension just for this one feature - I'd rather keep the number of extensions I use to a minimum, and it's easier to have just one extension (CTR) for tweaking the layout and restoring the functionality of older versions of Firefox. To me, the idea of status text being on the add-on bar fits perfectly to the features and goal of CTR, so it makes sense to me that CTR includes this feature. In addition, if I also use Status-4-Evar, this results in me having both an Add-On Bar (from CTR) *as well as* a Status Bar (from S4E), which is confusing and overkill (of course I can disable either one, but they are both included there in the list of available toolbars). So for these reasons, would you consider adding the status text to the CTR Add-On Bar anyway, for those of us who don't want or need S4E?

2) Thanks!

3) Your CSS code works quite well, when I put it into Stylish. However, it doesn't work when I set "tabs not on top", which is my personal preference. What I'm looking to achieve (which is the layout I used before FF29) is this, going from top-to-bottom: Navigation Bar -> Menu Bar -> Tab Bar. I don't use the Bookmarks Toolbar or Additional Toolbar, but if I did, they would probably sit in-between the Menu Bar and Tab Bar. Can you kindly provide the CSS code to put the Menu Bar below Nav Bar, but also with the Tab Bar at the bottom?

I would definitely love to see this feature being added as an actual setting in CTR, rather than only using CSS code - I think that a setting in the CTR dialog would be easier and other users would also benefit from it - I think that a number of other users would enjoy being able to move the Menu Bar below the Nav Bar. I hope you might consider adding this, once it's tested!

BTW: shouldn't it be possible to paste this CSS code into my "userChrome.css" file? I've used the userChrome.css file to change other style settings in Firefox in the past, and it works well (eg. to change the borders or colours of the urlbar, or change menu fonts, etc). Why doesn't it also work for this?
Aris

Post by Aris »

kukla wrote:...

Just a quick question for whenever you have the time to get around to it. I know nothing about writing css. All I know is how to use it. The code you wrote to put icons and buttons in boxes is working fine for all items (Mac.) The only tweaking it needs is to get the outlining/boxes to show up a little bolder, the way it used to in Fx28. If you can perhaps suggest a modification to do this. Again, only when you have a chance to breathe a little. This was the code you wrote a few days ago. Much appreciated.
Of if someone else wants to give this a try....

Try to play with values from your code in Stylish. You can't break anything.

Yaron10 wrote:...

Your code works for me:
http://de.tinypic.com/r/2801vmf/8
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Hi Aris, I'm having a problem with the back/forward dropdown icon. No matter what theme I install it grays out. I even tried your classic toolbar buttons addon to add style but that didn't help. Here's a screenshot of it:

http://postimg.org/image/ueexqix4t/

Would you have css code I could add if you'd rather do it that way?
kukla

Post by kukla »

Aris wrote:

Of if someone else wants to give this a try....

Aris wrote:Try to play with values from your code in Stylish. You can't break anything.

Again, when you have a chance to get to this: I wasn't able to do it from Stylish. Got it working from userChrome.css. But I haven't the slightest idea what values to play with, or what to set them to in order to even begin experimenting. I only want a little heavier/darkened borders for the outlining.

This is what it looks like now. You can see that the outlining is kind of faint.

Last edited by kukla on May 2nd, 2014, 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yaron10

Post by Yaron10 »

Aris wrote:
Yaron10 wrote:...

Your code works for me:
http://de.tinypic.com/r/2801vmf/8

Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

I've just discovered that if I place my bookmarks in the bookmarks toolbar, the code works.
If I place them in the nav bar, it doesn't.

#filterRow doesn't work for me.

http://s24.postimg.org/diaogoitx/image.png
http://s30.postimg.org/b8276pxkx/image.png

With your permission, another comment regarding Roboform toolbar:
If the bookmarks toolbar is visible, Roboform toolbar color is OK.
If the bookmarks toolbar is NOT visible, it gets blueish.
Last edited by Yaron10 on May 2nd, 2014, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psxlover

Post by psxlover »

Aris wrote:Install latest beta version
psxlover wrote:1. When using tabs on bottom, double clicking on the tab bar acts as if you are clicking on the title bar instead of the old behavior of opening a new tab.
2. Also is there a way to remove the small blank space on the left of the tabs?
3. Finally could you make it so that when using tabs on bottom the navigation bar is in the title bar? There was an addon did that on the previous versions: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r/?src=api

Tnx for the addon, firefox is getting worse with each update, copying chrome and removing features like keyworld.URL :(

1. Latest Beta has an option for this

2. see 1. ;-)

3. You could move it there using css code in Stylish, but this would break window controls and appbutton on titlebar. Here is in this post. Look fo my answer to MichaelIsGreat.

I found the options for 1, but I can't find anything related to 2, what's the option called?

For 3 is there a way to limit the navbar's width? I don't use the appbutton but having stuff over the window controls looks bad. At least I moved it closer to the top so it doesn't look like there 's a huge space wasted anymore.
asbrand

Post by asbrand »

So, I was just forcibly upgraded to Firefox 29 today. Ugh. If I wanted Chrome, I'd use Chrome.

Anyways...thank you to the author for this addon. You have saved my sanity. :)

Only thing I can't seem to find a way to do is change the buttons (in the toolbars) to not have borders. Here is an example of what I mean (I still had a laptop that hadn't been updated yet):

Before, on FF 28:

http://www.asbrand.com/pics/firefox_28_toolbars.png

After, on FF 29 (after using this addon):

http://www.asbrand.com/pics/firefox_29_toolbars.png

...is there any way to remove those stupid button borders and make it look like the first image once again?
Last edited by DanRaisch on May 2nd, 2014, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image tags removed to restore page formatting.
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

I'm so impressed with Aris actually trying to keep up with this thread, even though it and this addon is the hottest thing in the universe right now! I've been watching to see if he'd address my post, and sad to think how overwhelming all of us are for him now.

When I click the "Contribute" button then the "Make Contribution" button in the popup, nothing happens (well, at first it says "Contacting PayPal" and the tab says "connecting" but then it stops loading and the addon's webpage is simply grayed. I want to give Aris money!

Undaunted, I upgraded to 1.1.9beta21 to see if the Scroll Bar issue I posted about in viewtopic.php?p=13501775#p13501775 persists.

I'm afraid it does. Plus very little is working for me in 1.1.9beta21 so I need to revert to 1.1.8

I had to add add new tabs manually to test the Scroll Button issue because the SessionManager addon wouldn't work with 1.1.9beta21

Plus with 1.1.9beta21 everything disappeared from every toolbar (other than Bookmarks), and couldn't be added back because when I click Customize nothing at all happens.
Aris

Post by Aris »

marty60 wrote:Hi Aris, I'm having a problem with the back/forward dropdown icon. No matter what theme I install it grays out. I even tried your classic toolbar buttons addon to add style but that didn't help. Here's a screenshot of it:

http://postimg.org/image/ueexqix4t/

Would you have css code I could add if you'd rather do it that way?

What about default theme? It works for me and is only grayed out, if the history is empty. Sometimes buttons only work after Firefox gets closed and restarted manually without restartless add-ons which may save the session (partly).

Again, when you have a chance to get to this: I wasn't able to do it from Stylish. Got it working from userChrome.css. But I haven't the slightest idea what values to play with, or what to set them to in order to even begin experimenting. I only want a little heavier/darkened borders for the outlining.

This is what it looks like now. You can see that the outlining is kind of faint.

Since you don't want to experiment: look for e.g. border-color: "hsla(0,0%,0%,.2) !important;"
Increase ".2" to ".7" for example.

Yaron10 wrote:
Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

I've just discovered that if I place my bookmarks in the bookmarks toolbar, the code works.
If I place them in the nav bar, it doesn't.

#filterRow doesn't work for me.

http://s24.postimg.org/diaogoitx/image.png
http://s30.postimg.org/b8276pxkx/image.png

With your permission, another comment regarding Roboform toolbar:
If the bookmarks toolbar is visible, Roboform toolbar color is OK.
If the bookmarks toolbar is NOT visible, it gets blueish.

#nav-bar ~ toolbar means nothing else, but the toolbar after #nav-bar. If you now what toolbar the code is for, you could name it directly.

#filderRow is at least the correct id. Have you tried it in Stylish? userChrome.css might not work.
Maybe this makes it visible #filterRow{ background:red !important; }

psxlover wrote:...

I found the options for 1, but I can't find anything related to 2, what's the option called?

For 3 is there a way to limit the navbar's width? I don't use the appbutton but having stuff over the window controls looks bad. At least I moved it closer to the top so it doesn't look like there 's a huge space wasted anymore.

About 2. The option is called 'restore empty favicon' and is on special tab -> general
About 3. By nav-bar you mean adressbar I guess. The code for it is one page back inside my comment. Search for "#urlbar" on that page.

asbrand wrote:So, I was just forcibly upgraded to Firefox 29 today. Ugh. If I wanted Chrome, I'd use Chrome.

Anyways...thank you to the author for this addon. You have saved my sanity. :)

Only thing I can't seem to find a way to do is change the buttons (in the toolbars) to not have borders. Here is an example of what I mean (I still had a laptop that hadn't been updated yet):

Before, on FF 28:

http://www.asbrand.com/pics/firefox_28_toolbars.png

After, on FF 29 (after using this addon):

http://www.asbrand.com/pics/firefox_29_toolbars.png

...is there any way to remove those stupid button borders and make it look like the first image once again?

Something is wrong there. These button effect should be only be visible when you hover a button.
Try a new profile.

coyote2 wrote:I'm so impressed with Aris actually trying to keep up with this thread, even though it and this addon is the hottest thing in the universe right now! I've been watching to see if he'd address my post, and sad to think how overwhelming all of us are for him now.

When I click the "Contribute" button then the "Make Contribution" button in the popup, nothing happens (well, at first it says "Contacting PayPal" and the tab says "connecting" but then it stops loading and the addon's webpage is simply grayed. I want to give Aris money!

Undaunted, I upgraded to 1.1.9beta21 to see if the Scroll Bar issue I posted about in viewtopic.php?p=13501775#p13501775 persists.

I'm afraid it does. Plus very little is working for me in 1.1.9beta21 so I need to revert to 1.1.8

I had to add add new tabs manually to test the Scroll Button issue because the SessionManager addon wouldn't work with 1.1.9beta21

Plus with 1.1.9beta21 everything disappeared from every toolbar (other than Bookmarks), and couldn't be added back because when I click Customize nothing at all happens.

Your profile might got corrupted. All ids changed, so everything has to be placed on toolbars again. There is no way back. I had to change them.

Session managers.. hm. I don't think they work fine with Australis ui changes and CTR.

And I answered you question about scroll buttons on tab bar a page ago.
Here is how to hide them:
.scrollbutton-up,
.scrollbutton-down{
display: none !important;
}
But since they appear even when they should not, shows something must be wrong with your profile.

Abut Paypal redirection: It seems Mozilla servers may not like Firefox sometimes. "kukla" mentioned Safari worked when Firefox did not.
I don't want to suggest other browsers, but if it works...