[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TDalton

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by TDalton »

I noticed a bug when I went from 1.1.8 to the latest beta. I lost my Bookmarks button. With 1.1.8 there are 3 Bookmark buttons to choose from, one with a Bookmark logo that is "Bookmarks", another with the same icon but with a drop down arrow that says "Display your bookmarks", and a 3rd one with the combined Bookmarks/Favorite that says "Bookmark This Page/Show Your Bookmarks." I use the icon with the drop down menu and it is no where to be found with the newest beta, only the other 2 buttons are available.

I also had a small feature request. In Firefox 28 the "go" arrow on the url bar was to the left of the drop down arrow. I believe the reload and stop icons were also on the left side but I cannot be for sure as I didn't use those in the url bar. Is there any way to move the drop down arrow in the url bar back to the far right? If that is not possible is there any way to hide the "go" arrow as well since you can already hide the reload and stop?
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Aris wrote:
marty60 wrote:Hi Aris, I'm having a problem with the back/forward dropdown icon. No matter what theme I install it grays out. I even tried your classic toolbar buttons addon to add style but that didn't help. Here's a screenshot of it:

http://postimg.org/image/ueexqix4t/

Would you have css code I could add if you'd rather do it that way?

What about default theme? It works for me and is only grayed out, if the history is empty. Sometimes buttons only work after Firefox gets closed and restarted manually without restartless add-ons which may save the session (partly).

It's fine in the default theme, it's only when I install themes that it becomes either grayed out or something else entirely. The other buttons don't do that. It doesn't matter if there's any history or not, there's no change.
gulliver2

Post by gulliver2 »

Note how the Stop–Reload Button is too close to the location window using recent Nightlies with any version of CTR on Mac OS.
Switching to Aurora 30.0a2 restores normal padding.
EDIT: Just updated to Aurora 31.0a2 and the padding issue now exists using latest versions of both Nightly and Aurora.
Last edited by gulliver2 on May 2nd, 2014, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

Aris wrote:
coyote2 wrote:I'm so impressed with Aris actually trying to keep up with this thread, even though it and this addon is the hottest thing in the universe right now! I've been watching to see if he'd address my post, and sad to think how overwhelming all of us are for him now.

When I click the "Contribute" button then the "Make Contribution" button in the popup, nothing happens (well, at first it says "Contacting PayPal" and the tab says "connecting" but then it stops loading and the addon's webpage is simply grayed. I want to give Aris money!

Undaunted, I upgraded to 1.1.9beta21 to see if the Scroll Bar issue I posted about in viewtopic.php?p=13501775#p13501775 persists.

I'm afraid it does. Plus very little is working for me in 1.1.9beta21 so I need to revert to 1.1.8

I had to add add new tabs manually to test the Scroll Button issue because the SessionManager addon wouldn't work with 1.1.9beta21

Plus with 1.1.9beta21 everything disappeared from every toolbar (other than Bookmarks), and couldn't be added back because when I click Customize nothing at all happens.

Your profile might got corrupted. All ids changed, so everything has to be placed on toolbars again. There is no way back. I had to change them.

Session managers.. hm. I don't think they work fine with Australis ui changes and CTR.

With 1.1.8 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... n-manager/ was working perfectly well. Not so with 1.1.9beta21

And I answered you question about scroll buttons on tab bar a page ago.
Here is how to hide them:
.scrollbutton-up,
.scrollbutton-down{
display: none !important;
}

Sorry I apologize, yes I did miss that as hard as I tried to read/understand every post, I'm sorry!

Adding that text to my userChrome.css indeed solved my little issue, thanks a million!
But since they appear even when they should not, shows something must be wrong with your profile.

No, they only appeared when the number of tabs climbed high enough, not 'til then.
Abut Paypal redirection: It seems Mozilla servers may not like Firefox sometimes. "kukla" mentioned Safari worked when Firefox did not.
I don't want to suggest other browsers, but if it works...

Thanks for the tip, my initial donation of many was sent now!
Yaron10

Post by Yaron10 »

Yaron10 wrote:
Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

I've just discovered that if I place my bookmarks in the bookmarks toolbar, the code works.
If I place them in the nav bar, it doesn't.

#filterRow doesn't work for me.

http://s24.postimg.org/diaogoitx/image.png
http://s30.postimg.org/b8276pxkx/image.png

With your permission, another comment regarding Roboform toolbar:
If the bookmarks toolbar is visible, Roboform toolbar color is OK.
If the bookmarks toolbar is NOT visible, it gets blueish.

Aris wrote:

#nav-bar ~ toolbar means nothing else, but the toolbar after #nav-bar. If you now what toolbar the code is for, you could name it directly.

Thank you so much.
You seem to be heavily bombarded now. :)
I'm not sure I understand your comment, and I'll allow myself to ask again when things calm down a bit.

Best wishes.
psxlover

Post by psxlover »

Aris wrote:
psxlover wrote:...

I found the options for 1, but I can't find anything related to 2, what's the option called?

For 3 is there a way to limit the navbar's width? I don't use the appbutton but having stuff over the window controls looks bad. At least I moved it closer to the top so it doesn't look like there 's a huge space wasted anymore.

About 2. The option is called 'restore empty favicon' and is on special tab -> general
About 3. By nav-bar you mean adressbar I guess. The code for it is one page back inside my comment. Search for "#urlbar" on that page.

2. That's not what I'm talking about. With the australis theme there is some space on the left of the first tab:

It's not there when using the classic squared tabs options:

What I want is a way to get rid of it.

3. I meant the whole line not only the addressbar. Anyway I fixed it by adding a few spaces on the right from the "Additional Tools and Features" of Customize
Last edited by James on May 2nd, 2014, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed the IMG tags from the two images as they were waaaaay too big img tags at 1,920px × 1,080px and was breaking forum layout. Such large images should either be link or a thumbnail link or made 600px or less wide.
taco2

Post by taco2 »

Sorry if this was mentioned but is there any plan to somehow make the Firefox button work with themes? On the theme I use, FT Deep Dark, the only thing missing from old firefox is the that the button doesn't look like a button and that the drop down menu is still white. Will there be an option to make the drop down menu background gray/black and change the color of the text in the drop down as well?
JethroB

Post by JethroB »

Hi Aris

When I go to Classic Theme Restorer options, Special --> General UI tab and tick the box marked 'Navigation toolbar: remove background color (Windows AeroGlass / Win8)', it removes the background color but it leaves a border line at the top of the Navigation toolbar. Is there a way that you can adjust the code for this option to also remove the top border line as well?

Prior to this option being available, I was using the following code in Stylish that I found amongst the many pages of this topic back in February/March (or possibly even early April) and I have been referring it to others who have asked about getting the Aero effect for the Navigation toolbar. This Code in Stylish not only removed the background color but also it doesn't leave the top border line like the CTR option now does.

Code: Select all

#nav-bar[tabsontop="false"]{
  background:none !important;
  border:0 !important;
  box-shadow:none !important;
}
#PersonalToolbar[tabsontop="false"]{
  border-top: 1px solid grey !important;
  border-top-left-radius: 2.5px !important;
  border-top-right-radius: 2.5px !important;
}

I would rather not use Stylish codes for in case they may interfere with the normal operation of CTR so if you can fix the code for this option to also remove the top border that would be great.

Cheers, :)
Firefox: Latest Nightly (Australis)...|...Firefox Theme: Latest Default
Tab Mix Plus: Latest Dev.Build......|...Classic Theme Restorer: Latest Dev.Build
Sean M

Post by Sean M »

Aris wrote:
Sean M wrote:Hi,

First, a million thanks, Aris, for creating Classic Theme Restorer.

I'm currently using the bookmarks button, that CTR adds to the bookmarks toolbar, to manage my bookmarks.
Up to Version 1.1.8 of CTR, I've been successfully using the code below to hide certain items from the bookmarks button menu.

Code: Select all

#BMB_viewBookmarksToolbar,
#BMB_viewBookmarksToolbar+menuseparator,
#BMB_bookmarksShowAll,
#BMB_bookmarksShowAll+menuseparator,
#BMB_bookmarksToolbar,
#BMB_bookmarksToolbar+menuseparator,
#BMB_subscribeToPageMenuitem,
#BMB_subscribeToPageMenupopup,
#BMB_bookmarksPopup menuseparator[builder="end"],
#BMB_unsortedBookmarks {
display:none!important;
}

Unfortunately this code no longer works with the current beta of CTR. Would someone please be kind enough to provide (or help) me
with updated code to hide the above menu items in the bookmarks button of the current CTR beta.

Thank you in advance for any help.
-Sean

Ids changed and you need to add 'ctraddon_' to your ids. Items should look like this: #ctraddon_BMB_bookmarkThisPage".

Hi Aris,
Huge thanks for taking the time to help me out. Worked perfectly! :banana:

Best regards,
Sean.
asbrand

Post by asbrand »

Aris wrote:Something is wrong there. These button effect should be only be visible when you hover a button.
Try a new profile.

I didn't try a new profile. I did go into about:config and reset my profile. Fixed the issue! Thanks for the help!

Love your theme...thanks!
abesty

Post by abesty »

When I select the "tabs in titlebar" and "button on titlebar" it works fine in the window I have open:
http://i.imgur.com/9LShc8H.png

But then when I close this window and open another one it goes back to how it used to be before:
http://i.imgur.com/i90ehM6.jpg

Whats going on?
Last edited by DanRaisch on May 3rd, 2014, 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image tags removed to restore page formatting.
kstenbch

Post by kstenbch »

I have uninstalled Classic Theme Restorer. I used an add on to restore the add on bar and one to place tabs just above the main window. I somehow got the address bar onto my "Add This" toolbar and put my Google search on the bookmarks toolbar. This happened after I reinstalled Firefox 28 the other day. Then today, I reupdated to Firefox 29. I have tab mix plus, and changed the size of tabs from 250 to 500 to read 100 to 500. It got rid of the huge tabs. Unfortunately, CTR conflicted with Colorful Tabs, and they became clear. CTR gives many possibilities to color the selected tab, the tab to the right and/or left, unread tabs, unselected tabs (all one color), highlight, embolden, italicize, tabs, but not an option for each tab to have random colors, or to assign tabs colors according to url or domain. I use this to keep tabs organized. CTR's color functions cannot be disabled, and overrides Colorful Tabs. I cannot assign each tab its own color with CTR, so I uninstalled it. Please correct this problem. The ability to disable the color functions would be useful. That function duplicates the one in Tab Mix Plus anyway. Colorful Tabs works great because, among other things, it remembers what tabs were what color and opens associated tabs in the same color. I can also change the color of associated tabs and treat it like an unassociated tab. In, other words, it is in keeping with what we want with extensions and Firefox, the ability to change and make it look and act the way we want it to, not the way developers want. CTR is a fine extension, although it doesn't solve all the problems of FF 29. The ability to disable the color function or functions would be helpful....
JethroB

Post by JethroB »

asbrand wrote:So, I was just forcibly upgraded to Firefox 29 today. Ugh. If I wanted Chrome, I'd use Chrome.

Anyways...thank you to the author for this addon. You have saved my sanity. :)

Only thing I can't seem to find a way to do is change the buttons (in the toolbars) to not have borders. Here is an example of what I mean (I still had a laptop that hadn't been updated yet):

Before, on FF 28:

http://www.asbrand.com/pics/firefox_28_toolbars.png

After, on FF 29 (after using this addon):

http://www.asbrand.com/pics/firefox_29_toolbars.png

...is there any way to remove those stupid button borders and make it look like the first image once again?

Do you also have the Classic Toolbar Buttons add-on installed? If you do then make sure that the option for 'Bookmarks toolbar "items & folders"' is left unchecked.
Tab Mix Plus: Latest Dev.Build......|...Classic Theme Restorer: Latest Dev.Build
RegDen

Post by RegDen »

For those who have trouble finding the bookmarks button after they put the add bookmark "star" in the adressbar,
it might be hidden in the deactivated Bookmarks Toolbar. Activate this toolbar pull out the bookmark button and you can deactivate it again.

Great Addon, thanks so much...
JethroB

Post by JethroB »

kstenbch wrote:I have uninstalled Classic Theme Restorer. I used an add on to restore the add on bar and one to place tabs just above the main window. I somehow got the address bar onto my "Add This" toolbar and put my Google search on the bookmarks toolbar. This happened after I reinstalled Firefox 28 the other day. Then today, I reupdated to Firefox 29. I have tab mix plus, and changed the size of tabs from 250 to 500 to read 100 to 500. It got rid of the huge tabs. Unfortunately, CTR conflicted with Colorful Tabs, and they became clear. CTR gives many possibilities to color the selected tab, the tab to the right and/or left, unread tabs, unselected tabs (all one color), highlight, embolden, italicize, tabs, but not an option for each tab to have random colors, or to assign tabs colors according to url or domain. I use this to keep tabs organized. CTR's color functions cannot be disabled, and overrides Colorful Tabs. I cannot assign each tab its own color with CTR, so I uninstalled it. Please correct this problem. The ability to disable the color functions would be useful. That function duplicates the one in Tab Mix Plus anyway. Colorful Tabs works great because, among other things, it remembers what tabs were what color and opens associated tabs in the same color. I can also change the color of associated tabs and treat it like an unassociated tab. In, other words, it is in keeping with what we want with extensions and Firefox, the ability to change and make it look and act the way we want it to, not the way developers want. CTR is a fine extension, although it doesn't solve all the problems of FF 29. The ability to disable the color function or functions would be helpful....

I have Tab Mix Plus, Colorful Tabs and Classic Theme Restorer add-ons installed and I don't see any problems so far whilst using either Firefox 29, Firefox 30 Beta, Aurora v30 v31 or Nightly V32. Everything seems to be getting along quite nicely together. Maybe you have a problem with your add-on user settings that is/was causing the problems for you? I also create a new profile for each new version of Nightly and pass the old profiles down the line to the new versions of Aurora, Firefox Beta and Firefox and then delete the outdated profiles (my profile for v31 is currently in limbo as I haven't seen an update for Aurora to be updated for v30 to v31 yet). Did you try a new profile before you gave up on CTR and deleted it?
Last edited by JethroB on May 2nd, 2014, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.