[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Elbart

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by Elbart »

There's a titlebar-option in the Customize-window built into Firefox now.
gone
TDalton

Post by TDalton »

RegDen wrote:For those who have trouble finding the bookmarks button after they put the add bookmark "star" in the adressbar,
it might be hidden in the deactivated Bookmarks Toolbar. Activate this toolbar pull out the bookmark button and you can deactivate it again.

Great Addon, thanks so much...

Wow, don't know why I didn't look there, I guess it's because I always hid the Bookmarks Toolbar.

I still have the issue of the "go" arrow being on the wrong side of the drop down arrow on the URL bar. Does anyone know of a script to move the drop down arrow back to the far right or even to hide the "go" arrow completely? I tried a few different scripts to hide the "go" arrow that worked in previous versions but not FF29.

EDIT: Finally figured out a way to completely remove the "go" button. Used this script

Code: Select all

/* AGENT_SHEET */
#urlbar-go-button { display:none !important; }

I still wonder if there is anyway to keep the Go button but move it to the left side of the drop down arrow like in FF28.
Outtacontext

Post by Outtacontext »

I have the plugin installed. The problem I'm having with this new interface is that the buttons I have installed (Firebug and 1Password, for example) blend in too much with the light gray background. They don't even look like buttons. Is there a way to restore the old look to them or, at least, to make them look more button-like?
Aris

Post by Aris »

marty60 wrote:..
It's fine in the default theme, it's only when I install themes that it becomes either grayed out or something else entirely. The other buttons don't do that. It doesn't matter if there's any history or not, there's no change.

Thats because themes do not style that button properly or at all.

TDalton wrote:1. I noticed a bug when I went from 1.1.8 to the latest beta. I lost my Bookmarks button. With 1.1.8 there are 3 Bookmark buttons to choose from, one with a Bookmark logo that is "Bookmarks", another with the same icon but with a drop down arrow that says "Display your bookmarks", and a 3rd one with the combined Bookmarks/Favorite that says "Bookmark This Page/Show Your Bookmarks." I use the icon with the drop down menu and it is no where to be found with the newest beta, only the other 2 buttons are available.

I also had a small feature request. In Firefox 28 the "go" arrow on the url bar was to the left of the drop down arrow. I believe the reload and stop icons were also on the left side but I cannot be for sure as I didn't use those in the url bar. Is there any way to move the drop down arrow in the url bar back to the far right? If that is not possible is there any way to hide the "go" arrow as well since you can already hide the reload and stop?

1. Bookmarks menu button got moved to bookmarks toolbar automatically after updating to 1.1.9b14+. You can move it back, if the bookmarks toolbar is visible.

2. Are you sure? Maybe when using themes and scripts, but not on default view.

Move urlbar history dropmarker to the end:

.urlbar-history-dropmarker{
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 10 !important;
}

Hide go button

#urlbar-go-button{
 display: none !important;
}

(OK, you have that on already.)

gulliver2 wrote:Note how the Stop–Reload Button is too close to the location window using recent Nightlies with any version of CTR on Mac OS.
EDIT: Just updated to Aurora 31.0a2 and the padding issue now exists using latest versions of both Nightly and Aurora.

I will take care of the new padding issues.

coyote2 wrote:...

With 1.1.8 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... n-manager/ was working perfectly well. Not so with 1.1.9beta21

Many things changed in 1.1.9beta14. Maybe sm needs to be updated again. Haven't checked its recent dev builds.

psxlover wrote:...

2. That's not what I'm talking about. With the australis theme there is some space on the left of the first tab:

3. I meant the whole line not only the addressbar. Anyway I fixed it by adding a few spaces on the right from the "Additional Tools and Features" of Customize

2. This works for default curved tabs:

.tab-content{
  margin-left:-4px !important;
  margin-right:-4px !important;
}

taco2 wrote:Sorry if this was mentioned but is there any plan to somehow make the Firefox button work with themes? On the theme I use, FT Deep Dark, the only thing missing from old firefox is the that the button doesn't look like a button and that the drop down menu is still white. Will there be an option to make the drop down menu background gray/black and change the color of the text in the drop down as well?

Update to the latest CTR beta and FT Deep Dark beta. The popup menu color is already fine. The author probably removed appbutton color on purpose.

JethroB wrote:Hi Aris

When I go to Classic Theme Restorer options, Special --> General UI tab and tick the box marked 'Navigation toolbar: remove background color (Windows AeroGlass / Win8)', it removes the background color but it leaves a border line at the top of the Navigation toolbar. Is there a way that you can adjust the code for this option to also remove the top border line as well?

Prior to this option being available, I was using the following code in Stylish that I found amongst the many pages of this topic back in February/March (or possibly even early April) and I have been referring it to others who have asked about getting the Aero effect for the Navigation toolbar. This Code in Stylish not only removed the background color but also it doesn't leave the top border line like the CTR option now does.

The option is for "tabs not on top" mode. There is another on to remove the border / move the border to the bookmarks toolbar.

abesty wrote:When I select the "tabs in titlebar" and "button on titlebar" it works fine in the window I have open:
But then when I close this window and open another one it goes back to how it used to be before:
Whats going on?

I don't know, but it seems something is switching to OS titlebar when you open a new window.
Does this also happen on a new profile?

kstenbch wrote:... Unfortunately, CTR conflicted with Colorful Tabs, and they became clear.
CTR gives many possibilities to color the selected tab, the tab to the right and/or left, unread tabs, unselected tabs (all one color), highlight, embolden, italicize, tabs, but not an option for each tab to have random colors, or to assign tabs colors according to url or domain. I use this to keep tabs organized. CTR's color functions cannot be disabled, and overrides Colorful Tabs. I cannot assign each tab its own color with CTR, so I uninstalled it. Please correct this problem. The ability to disable the color functions would be useful. That function duplicates the one in Tab Mix Plus anyway. Colorful Tabs works great because, among other things, it remembers what tabs were what color and opens associated tabs in the same color. I can also change the color of associated tabs and treat it like an unassociated tab. In, other words, it is in keeping with what we want with extensions and Firefox, the ability to change and make it look and act the way we want it to, not the way developers want. CTR is a fine extension, although it doesn't solve all the problems of FF 29. The ability to disable the color function or functions would be helpful....

I have added colorizing options for tabs supported by CTR, because no other add-on can, want or has to do that.
CTR will not replicate ColorfulTabs or its features.
Ask ColorfulTabs dev for more help about ColofulTabs and Fx29+: http://www.binaryturf.com/topic/problem ... f-upgrade/

"The ability to disable the color functions would be useful."
This would completely mess up default tabs on all systems without guarantee any other add-on could colorize them properly.

"That function duplicates the one in Tab Mix Plus anyway. "
No it doesn't. It uses the same idea, but tabs are colorized differently and TMP does not colorize squared tabs like CTR.

chascb wrote:Can you add the option of restoring the good old Throbber, perhaps even using your CTR addon icon as the image. I used to use an add-on called ’Spinfox’. http://burntelectrons.org/moz/spinfox/
There is a separate Add-on here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/throbber-restored/
But as you are restoring FF to a previous UI state the addition of the Throbber would help complete this.
Perhaps even make it clickable like in this add-on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/awesome-throbber/?src=search
Cheers

Since there is already a throbber add-on, there is no need to add it to CTR. I also never planned to restore this one.

derek89 wrote:Hello. I'm a bit new to everything Firefox, so I'm sorry if I'm out of place asking what I'm about to ask here:

A top 10 contribuitor and moderator of mozilla support forum told me to try asking this here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/983661...

The #urlbar has the focus attribute and is a box inside the #urlbar-container.
This means it is only possible to change things for focused and non-focused "#urlbar", but not for the "#urlbar-container". Unfortunately your idea requires a changeable container to work properly, so I think it is not possible to achieve your request using css.

rogermccomb wrote:I hope I didn't miss this on here somewhere but I do not have the Squared Tabs option on my CTR panel. I have Tab Mix Plus and Big New Tab button installed and I disabled both extensions but the Squared Tabs option still didn't appear on my CTR panel.

HELP!!!!

"Squared tabs" options are only visible for the default theme. If you don't see them, you are probably using a 3rd party theme.

bludshot wrote:This addon is incredible. Without it I couldn't set up FF29 the way I like my FF to be. Thanks!
I have a couple questions:
1. How can I change the Back, Forward, Stop and Reload button icons? With Nasa dark theme they are way too dark. I guess since they are non-standard buttons the icons don't come from the Nasa theme, they come from CRT?
2. Is there a way to hide the hamburger button? I am vegan.
3. Is there a way (or is it a feature you would consider adding) to add the 'fetching page' animation box back to the toolbar?

1. Theme authors have to add support for new buttons manually. I can't add icons for new buttons for every theme. ;-)
2. Just move it into customizing area.
3. If you are talking about the loading throbber, you can install an extra addon. Links to it are a few posts above yours.

shyangs wrote:Great extension!

I would like to help translating CTR into Traditional Chinese(zh-TW). https://github.com/shyangs/zh-TW-locale ... ptions.dtd

Thanks, I will add it to next build.

bludshot wrote:Above the addonbar there is a 1 pixel horizontal line with the color #bac7d4

How can I remove that line, or change it's color to match a dark theme?

Update to beta21. The line should be almost transparent. I used the value from Fx24.

Outtacontext wrote:I have the plugin installed. The problem I'm having with this new interface is that the buttons I have installed (Firebug and 1Password, for example) blend in too much with the light gray background. They don't even look like buttons. Is there a way to restore the old look to them or, at least, to make them look more button-like?

Don't they look like the other buttons?
Provide a screenhot.
teodorgant

Post by teodorgant »

Aris wrote:Use Stylish instead of userChrome.css and always insert
/*AGENT_SHEET*/
into all your styles trying to override CTR settings or it won't work. Even then it may not always work.

Thank you for your response.
I added /* AGENT_SHEET */ and I used Stylish.
The codes now work, but unfortunately when I close and reopen Firefox codes not work. To run the codes again click disable style and click active style.

My codes:

/* AGENT_SHEET */
#main-window[fx31="true"] #urlbar-container > #urlbar-wrapper,
#main-window[fx31="true"] #urlbar-container[forwarddisabled] > #urlbar-wrapper {
 -moz-padding-start: 0px !important; }

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[tabsontop="false"] .tabbrowser-tab:not([selected="true"]):not([pinned]) .tab-close-button:not(:hover) {
 -moz-image-region:rect(0px, 32px, 16px, 16px) !important;
  list-style-image: url("file:///path_to_image") !important; }
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

JethroB wrote:
coyote2 wrote:With 1.1.8 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... n-manager/ was working perfectly well. Not so with 1.1.9beta21

Did you try the new Session Manager Version 0.8.1.2pre20140331b located at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/ which was released for "Compatibility changes to work with Classic Theme Restorer add-on".

Thank you very much for your reply, JethroB. I didn't try the SM beta because so very many other things didn't work for me (by which I mean that everything disappeared from every toolbar [other than Bookmarks], and couldn't be added back because when I clicked Customize nothing at all happened) in 1.1.9beta21 so I went back to 1.1.8
roy192

Post by roy192 »

When clicking on 'Web Developer' in the application menu (the one that opens when clicking the Firefox button in the left upper corner), it used to toggle the tools (just like ctrl+shift+I does). But now it opens some silly developer toolbar (which is completely useless to me).

Is there a way to change this back to 'toggle tools'? I don't like having to press ctrl+shift+I.
Luana86

Post by Luana86 »

EvilBMP wrote:Hi Aris, thanks for this great addon. I've activated the special setting "Tab bar: Double-click opens a new tab", which works fine but the address bar doesn't get focused after that. So you have to click in the address bar or press Ctrl + L to focus it. Could you please add the focus? Thanks in advance. I am using the current beta 1.1.19b18

Any news on this?
gaberad2

Post by gaberad2 »

Any chance of getting slight right tab border of default Australis tabs for the "Squared Tabs (australized)" option? Or is there some CSS tat can enable them?

vs
TDalton

Post by TDalton »

Aris wrote:
TDalton wrote:1. I noticed a bug when I went from 1.1.8 to the latest beta. I lost my Bookmarks button. With 1.1.8 there are 3 Bookmark buttons to choose from, one with a Bookmark logo that is "Bookmarks", another with the same icon but with a drop down arrow that says "Display your bookmarks", and a 3rd one with the combined Bookmarks/Favorite that says "Bookmark This Page/Show Your Bookmarks." I use the icon with the drop down menu and it is no where to be found with the newest beta, only the other 2 buttons are available.

I also had a small feature request. In Firefox 28 the "go" arrow on the url bar was to the left of the drop down arrow. I believe the reload and stop icons were also on the left side but I cannot be for sure as I didn't use those in the url bar. Is there any way to move the drop down arrow in the url bar back to the far right? If that is not possible is there any way to hide the "go" arrow as well since you can already hide the reload and stop?

1. Bookmarks menu button got moved to bookmarks toolbar automatically after updating to 1.1.9b14+. You can move it back, if the bookmarks toolbar is visible.

2. Are you sure? Maybe when using themes and scripts, but not on default view.

Move urlbar history dropmarker to the end:

.urlbar-history-dropmarker{
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 10 !important;
}

Hide go button

#urlbar-go-button{
 display: none !important;
}

(OK, you have that on already.)

That script worked perfectly. I often use that drop-down arrow and it got annoying when it kept moving depending on if the go button was visible. I did check an old version of FireFox and the reload/stop button was to the right of the drop down arrow but the go arrow was to the left. The script did exactly what I needed though which was to restore the go button back to the left side of the drop down arrow like in FF28.
kukla

Post by kukla »

Hi Aris, I've been doing some experimenting with the CSS you gave me to get more contrast and definition in the outlining of icons and buttons. When I tried your suggestion, which was
look for e.g. border-color: "hsla(0,0%,0%,.2) !important;"
Increase ".2" to ".7" for example.

I'm finding that any value other than ".2" causes the thin black outlining to disappear completely, or sometimes to just turn white.

What did provide a bit more contrast by making the items whiter to stand out more against the grey background was to change the value from .1 to .5 in the following
from

background: hsla(0,0%,100%,.1) linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,100%,.3), hsla(0,0%,100%,.1)padding-box !important;

to

background: hsla(0,0%,100%,.1) linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,100%,.3), hsla(0,0%,100%,.5) padding-box !important;

But I'm still wondering if it's possible to get the black outlining at the borders, which right now is extremely fine and light, to become somewhat heavier or thicker. Thanks for any further ideas.

Also, do you have any plans to get Classic Toolbar Buttons working for Mac? I think that might ultimately be the ideal solution.
Last edited by kukla on May 3rd, 2014, 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ton3

Post by Ton3 »

Amazing work on this add on. More then likely the only reason I'm still using Firefox after update 29.

Any reason double clicking to open a new tab doesn't automatically enable you to type in the address bar?
Lazy Jones

Post by Lazy Jones »

Thank you, Aris. I've tried all three userChrome codes you have posted and one of them partially solved my problem. Quick reminder: the problem is/was about the line that goes from left to right, across whole Firefox window and is located just above an address bar. The line also "cuts off", actually goes through the top of some buttons i've put on navigation bar.

This line of code removes the bar, however, line is still visible when navigation bar is hidden.

#nav-bar { border-top:0px !important; box-shadow: none !important; }

Next line of code also removes the line, but it also completely hides the navigation bar and i can't get it back unless i remove the code from userChrome file.

#nav-bar { visibility:collapse !important; }

I'm using first line of code, but i would also like to have that line removed/hidden when navigation bar is hidden.

Thank you and all others who might come up with a solution.
_corsair

Post by _corsair »

Hi pheeew,

I had this exact problem on one computer with a HD 1920x1080 screen res. I had set the Windows UI to 125% scaling to make things a bit bigger. Aris suggested this might be causing problems with CTR usage with Firefox 29. It was! Setting the Windows scaling back to 100% fix this issue.

Without CTR installed Firefox 29 scaled with no problem so there might be a problem there somewhere.

pheeew wrote:Hi Aris,
looks like you have to help lots of people so they can still use Firefox. Thanks again for doing it!
I have installed the Stylish script you linked. Unfortunately it does not change anything :(
Screenhot:
As you can see I also have an issue with the arrows of the Standard Theme. It has been like this even before Australis but I never figured out how to make them look normal again and not stretched. Maybe this has something to do with my screenresolution/graphics card. I dont know.
Most important would be to get the page title back in the tile bar. Any info/hint would help.
Paul Allen

Post by Paul Allen »

level20peon wrote:The standard function for opening new tabs (CTRL+T) focuses on the website instead of the awesomebar. I think that focusing the awesomebar - even though requested - makes the usability of firefox as a whole in combination with CTR inconsistent. So isn't it at least possible to add an option to focus the website instead of the awesomebar?

As a work-around, Tab Mix Plus it has an option that changes the focus back to the website. TMP seems to play well with CTR.