checkCompatibility

Discuss application theming and theme development.
mcdavis

checkCompatibility

Post by mcdavis »

extensions.checkCompatibility.temporaryThemeOverride_minAppVersion;29.0a1

While I usually intensely dislike the idea of someone else deciding which versions we can run with, this seems like a really good idea to me because running a non-Australis theme -- one that doesn't have the new bindings -- in an Australis build can get the user stuck in customization mode. You can get out of that mode, but you have to know to close the tab containing the customization palette, after which you'll still be in customization mode, but you can then exit the browser and come back like normal the next time you restart.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
smsmith

Re: checkCompatibility

Post by smsmith »

Is it possible to add some sort of a message to the customization tab? Something like "Stuck in customization mode, just close the tab". Possibly as a :before or :after to the "Additional tools and features" line?
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
mcdavis

Re: checkCompatibility

Post by mcdavis »

smsmith wrote:Is it possible to add some sort of a message to the customization tab? Something like "Stuck in customization mode, just close the tab". Possibly as a :before or :after to the "Additional tools and features" line?

Yeah, that seems very doable.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed