[Ext] Personal Titlebar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yuoo2k

Re: [Ext] Personal Titlebar

Post by yuoo2k »

irvinm wrote:(2) After moving items into the "menu bar", can I hide the "menu bar" to move it into the "title bar" like in previous versions of FF.
** Hiding the menu toolbar simply hides the bar and does not move the items up to the title bar.

In Customize UI panel -> See bottom-left corner -> Uncheck the "Title Bar" to hide the old titlebar.
Once the old titlebar is hidden, Menubar will be the top most toolbar, so we can use it as the customizable titlebar.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Ok, it is Cyberfox 28

FYI Cyberfox moved really late to 28.0.1 but v28 has critical security flaws. they also moved profile folder and some structure inside, no longer compatible to mozilla. you should switch for reason to original Firefox v29 or 24.5 ESR if have personla trouble with australis!

BTW please dont post such wide images, use a hoster instead, you blow the forum style.

BTW to move you bar up you can use stylish (you are using windows 8?)
irvinm

Post by irvinm »

Brummelchen wrote:
Ok, it is Cyberfox 28

FYI Cyberfox moved really late to 28.0.1 but v28 has critical security flaws. they also moved profile folder and some structure inside, no longer compatible to mozilla. you should switch for reason to original Firefox v29 or 24.5 ESR if have personla trouble with australis!

Yeah, I think Cyberfox is at a crossroads right now. They are keeping australis out of the product and now keeping their own profile. I think that is a bad long term decision and likely with cause major problems. That is part of the reason I am retrying FF29 to see what is working and what is broken in terms of add-ons and customization. I loved being able to get ALL of my buttons and boxes merged onto 1 line into the title bar all the while having all my tabs in a vertical bar! Why wouldn't everyone want to maximize the space to be used to view the web? :lol:

Brummelchen wrote:BTW please dont post such wide images, use a hoster instead, you blow the forum style.

Sorry about that. I didn't think about the width of the image used. I originally just posted the URL, but know a picture is worth a 1000 words and some people would not have even looked if they were just URLs.

Brummelchen wrote:BTW to move you bar up you can use stylish (you are using windows 8?)

I am using both stylish and windows 8. Do you have an example I can try?
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

yuoo2k wrote:
irvinm wrote:(2) After moving items into the "menu bar", can I hide the "menu bar" to move it into the "title bar" like in previous versions of FF.
** Hiding the menu toolbar simply hides the bar and does not move the items up to the title bar.

In Customize UI panel -> See bottom-left corner -> Uncheck the "Title Bar" to hide the old titlebar.
Once the old titlebar is hidden, Menubar will be the top most toolbar, so we can use it as the customizable titlebar.

Hi yuoo2k,

This isn't working for me. Nothing I have tried gets the Menu b ar up into the Titlebar.

Even worse, there appears to be no way whatsoever to move *anything* on the Navigation toolbar to the menu bar (or anyt other toolbar for that matter).

Firefox 29 is looking to be one of those BLOCK ON SITE updates, unless/until I can get things back to normal - ie, the way *I* want them, not some random developer(s) who thinks he(they) knows what is best for everyone else.

I sure hope I'm wrong...
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Ok, tried the Classic Theme Restorer and I'm mostly there...

But now I can't seem to get rid of the orange 'Firefox' button stuck in the upper left corner. I had had the 'Movable Firefox Button' extension installed to turn that into a small icon, but I've tried uninstalling that extension to no avail. Stuff I've found online suggests that 29 should have removed completely the orange button, but mine has it, and I am unable to remove it through Customize...

Any ideas?
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Ok, thought I had it figured out...

I could have sworn that when I clicked the 'Title Bar' button whenin Customize mode, that it resulted in whatever was on the 'Navigation' bar (what is this called now) got moved up into the Title bar... but after adding all my icons there, it stopped working.

Now, clicking the 'Title BAr' button doesn't seem to change or do anything, and I even tried clicking 'Restore Defaults'...

<sigh>
Barefoot Monkey

Post by Barefoot Monkey »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:Ok, tried the Classic Theme Restorer and I'm mostly there...

But now I can't seem to get rid of the orange 'Firefox' button stuck in the upper left corner. I had had the 'Movable Firefox Button' extension installed to turn that into a small icon, but I've tried uninstalling that extension to no avail. Stuff I've found online suggests that 29 should have removed completely the orange button, but mine has it, and I am unable to remove it through Customize...

Any ideas?

I believe it's Classic Theme Restorer that's causing to to still have your Firefox button. Open Classic Theme Restorer's options, find the section marked "Application button" in the main tab. There's a combo box there which probably has the value "Button on titlebar" - change that to "Button disabled". That should get rid of it for you.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

v2.0.20140516: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Added: on maximized window mode, allow clicking the top edge to restore window
Ede_123

Post by Ede_123 »

There's an access key conflict with Firefox's JavaScript debugger:
While F10 is used in your add-on to hide the menu bar, it's used for stepping through code in the debugger.

Do you think you could somehow ensure compatibility with the debugger (e.g. change access key, make access key configurable, add option to deactivate access key, detect Debugger and deactivate access key in this case, etc.)?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Ede_123 wrote:There's an access key conflict with Firefox's JavaScript debugger:
While F10 is used in your add-on to hide the menu bar, it's used for stepping through code in the debugger.

Do you think you could somehow ensure compatibility with the debugger (e.g. change access key, make access key configurable, add option to deactivate access key, detect Debugger and deactivate access key in this case, etc.)?

Yes, I think I can add an option to deactivate it,
thanks for the suggestion.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

v2.0.20140918: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Allow to deactivate feature: press F10 toggle main menu.
about:config:
extensions.personaltitlebar.mainmenu.toggleByF10 = [ true | false ]
Ede_123

Post by Ede_123 »

Great, thanks!

Turns out however, that Firefox itself has F10 defined as shortcut to toggle the menu bar, too... So I assume I even stumbled across a Firefox bug unless I'm doing something totally wrong!

Edit: Yeah, well, it's a known bug. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=923971
Hope this gets fixed sometime soon...
snoxu

Post by snoxu »

Does this extension still work? If it does I must be doing something wrong
Ede_123

Post by Ede_123 »

Definitely does for me (Firefox 34 on Windows 7).

Unless you tell us what does not work for you you can however be certain not to get any help. Your post is most useless for any developer since it does not include any information about your system/problem...
Speedie6

Post by Speedie6 »

Personal TitleBar used to work well for me, back before "Aurora". After that, on some machines it works okay, on others, the menu bar just vanishes. On my machine at home, it was working until yesterday. Then the title bar vanished here too. So, I don't think it works on any of my machines anymore.

On the reviews page, someone else reported the same problem, so it seems to not just be me.

I'm currently running Windows 10, but I've had the same problem on Windows 7.

I suppose it could be a conflict with some of my other addons. I also use RoboForm, TabMix Plus, Adblock Plus and XMarks.

The way I try to use Personal Titlebar is to have the menu bar, and the minimize/maximize/close buttons on top row, second row is just for tabs.