MozillaZine

[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
WildcatRay

Post Posted May 4th, 2014, 5:47 am

FYI for Nightly users: It is possible that today's Nightly with both CTR & Status-4-evar will crash due to a couple of B2G patches that are in it. ](*,)

More here.

It may be a false alarm. Regardless, tread lightly... 8-[
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi

baptx

Post Posted May 4th, 2014, 6:54 am

Firefox 29 broke status bar so I installed Status4Evar new version 2014.05.03.06 and I got the status bar again with the addons. But like some people said before, this version breaks completely Firefox "Downloads" button (no action at all), and the "Download Status" button's "Firefox default" action is not working, we have to set "Library" in Status4Evar preferences. So this addon version is breaking download button's default action and we need a fix. Thanks.

Tagora

Post Posted May 4th, 2014, 11:56 pm

'Show close button' does not hide addon-bar close button when unchecked.

I as able to remove it via about:config in the location bar.
Under browser.uiCustomization.state, right click -> Modify Value', navigate to "ctr_addonbar":["ctr_addonbar-close",...] and remove '"ctr_addonbar-close",'.
close the tab, restart Firefox, an it's gone.

Aris

Post Posted May 5th, 2014, 5:32 am

Tagora wrote:'Show close button' does not hide addon-bar close button when unchecked.

I as able to remove it via about:config in the location bar.
Under browser.uiCustomization.state, right click -> Modify Value', navigate to "ctr_addonbar":["ctr_addonbar-close",...] and remove '"ctr_addonbar-close",'.
close the tab, restart Firefox, an it's gone.

The "ctr" items are from CTR add-on not S4E. Use CTRs "hide addon bar close button" option to achieve what you trying to do.

iHastr

Post Posted May 5th, 2014, 7:30 am

Hello, developer!

I am Russian translator. Please add my updated Russian translation for the latest version of Status-4-Evar 2014.05.03.06

Locale - ru
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cym2dem10qemr ... .03.06.zip

There is untranslated string in the context menu of a toolbar:

Code: Select all
Status Bar = Строка состояния

Please add this line in all locales!

Jack Black

Post Posted May 5th, 2014, 8:01 am

Talking about locales...
@Bluefang: please check your PMs on Babelzilla for an up-to-date French translation for S4E.

It also appears there's a conflict with Classic Theme Restorer since its version 1.1.9: when first putting the text on S4E's status bar or on CTR's add-on bar, it will only display "status text".
Then, after a refresh of the page, the status text disappears after a few seconds, even if set to stay forever (0 seconds). For the record, it also vanishes after a few seconds when setting the maximum of 1329790976 seconds before clearing the text.

//edit: the bug fixed itself without me doing anything. [-o<

Bluefang

Post Posted May 5th, 2014, 10:43 am

Just a side note about translations:

I use BabelZilla. I do not manage or maintain locale changes outside of what's in WTS. If you have locale changes, and the group for the locale is not open, you should contact the current contributors. I'm not going to modify the membership or status of those groups because I got snarked at last time I did.

Support for localizing the "Status Bar" label will be in the next push to BZ. However, I'm not sure when that will happen because downloading locales is currently broken.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...

Oomingmak

Post Posted May 5th, 2014, 12:31 pm

Now that Status-4-Evar uses a new status toolbar (separate from the previously used 'add-on' bar) what CSS code is required in order to change the background colour of the S4E status bar without affecting anything else?

It's ok, I've sorted it out now. I finally managed to get my head round DOM inspector enough to locate the correct ID.
Last edited by Oomingmak on May 5th, 2014, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluefang

Post Posted May 6th, 2014, 9:51 am

Folks, please take the CTR discussion to the CTR support thread.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2827985
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...

LoudNoise

Post Posted May 6th, 2014, 1:37 pm

Split the CTR stuff to that thread.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

MarkRH

Post Posted May 6th, 2014, 9:51 pm

Seem to have uncovered a two-way conflict between the latest versions of TMP and Status-4-Evar.

Using TMP 0.4.1.4pre.140414a1 with FF29, the selection to Force Links to Other Sites to open in a new tab doesn't work if Status-4-Evar 2014.05.03.06 or 2014.02.18.00b is installed. They are opening in the current tab, even when the domain is completely different. If I install TMP Version 0.4.1.3.1pre.140215a1 then it works again. I've reported the same thing in the TMP forum.

Update: happens in a clean profile as well when only working with TMP and Status-4-Evar.

Bluefang

Post Posted May 6th, 2014, 11:18 pm

TypeError: url.match is not a function contentLinks.js:761

chrome://tabmixplus/content/links/contentLinks.js line 40 wrote:return self.isLinkToExternalDomain(curpage, window.XULBrowserWindow.overLink || linkNode);

When S4E is installed, window.XULBrowserWindow.overLink will be falsey, so this will pass linkNode, which appears to be a DOM Node, into a function expecting a string.

This behavior has not changed in S4E for a significant amount of time.

Can you reproduce this behavior in an older version of Firefox? If so, what is the oldest version of S4E that causes the problem?

Jack Black

Post Posted May 7th, 2014, 1:59 am

I managed to reproduce the bug I talked about earlier (the one that seemed to get fixed by itself):

Jack Black wrote:It also appears there's a conflict with Classic Theme Restorer since its version 1.1.9: when first putting the text on S4E's status bar or on CTR's add-on bar, it will only display "status text".
Then, after a refresh of the page, the status text disappears after a few seconds, even if set to stay forever (0 seconds). For the record, it also vanishes after a few seconds when setting the maximum of 1329790976 seconds before clearing the text.

It occurred after going into customization mode, and using the reset button. Then putting the Status Text on CTR's add-on bar.
But this time I managed to capture the log:

Code: Select all
this.setBoolElementAttribute is not a function status4evar.js:177
NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS: [JavaScript Error: "this.setBoolElementAttribute is not a function" {file: "jar:file:///C:/Users/BlackJack/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/wtf.default/extensions/status4evar@caligonstudios.com.xpi!/components/status4evar.js" line: 177}]'[JavaScript Error: "this.setBoolElementAttribute is not a function" {file: "jar:file:///C:/Users/BlackJack/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/wtf.default/extensions/status4evar@caligonstudios.com.xpi!/components/status4evar.js" line: 177}]' when calling method: [nsIStatus4Evar::updateWindow] Status4Evar.jsm:136

The issue continues to occur after a restart. Trying to move the status text elsewhere has no effect.
When opening a new window, the "Status Text" placeholder appear for a few secs, until the about:home page loads.
At which point it happens what happens for every page: when the page loads, the status is reflected correctly. But after the page is fully loaded, "Done" will disappear after about 15 seconds (and won't reappear unless updating the status -- i.e. reloading the page, hovering a link, etc...).

//edit: same issue after disabling CTR.
//edit2: got it fixed after re-enabling CTR, going to S4E's preferences, ticking on "Enable legacy status bar panel support" (it was off, as I use the one from CTR), then ticking it off again (I would have never guessed that this bug could be worked around by turning off a feature that was already disabled :lol: ).

GCVC

Post Posted May 7th, 2014, 10:06 am

Hi there!

I've updated Firefox to version 29 and I hated it. So I rolled back to v28.

I also updated Status-4-evar to the newest version and now all my icons (Adblock, Foxclocks, etc.) have moved to the far left of the bar! They used to be on the far right. I haven't found a way to drag them back to the right side. Can someone help me out please?

Thanks!

edit: nevermind, this is apparently the "known issue" from the OP. I just added a flexible space on the left side of the icons and they all went back to the far right!

MarkRH

Post Posted May 7th, 2014, 2:01 pm

Bluefang wrote:TypeError: url.match is not a function contentLinks.js:761

chrome://tabmixplus/content/links/contentLinks.js line 40 wrote:return self.isLinkToExternalDomain(curpage, window.XULBrowserWindow.overLink || linkNode);

When S4E is installed, window.XULBrowserWindow.overLink will be falsey, so this will pass linkNode, which appears to be a DOM Node, into a function expecting a string.

This behavior has not changed in S4E for a significant amount of time.

Can you reproduce this behavior in an older version of Firefox? If so, what is the oldest version of S4E that causes the problem?

Just curious what are you using to view this error? The Web Console doesn't seem to show this, unless I have it configured wrong or looking in the wrong place. Just wondered, thanks.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases