[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Jack Black

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by Jack Black »

It appears there's a conflict with Status-4-Evar since version 1.1.9 of Classic Theme Restorer: when first putting the S4E's status text either on S4E's status bar, or on CTR's add-on bar, it will only display the "status text" placeholder.
Then, after a refresh of the page, the status text disappears after a few seconds, even if set to stay forever in S4E's preferences.
Everything was working correctly with version 1.1.8 of CTR.

Also, for versions 1.1.8 and 1.1.9, using "Compact panel menus (bookmarks, history etc.)" works OK on most of the panels, safe for the Star Button one, whose sides are more cropped than for the others.
Aris

Post by Aris »

geius wrote:...

Regarding 1) I suggested, that you implement an option to your addon to add scrollbars to the bookmarks menu - like in the attached screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/m4yh4bial/ And make the width adjustable without an additional addon.

Regarding 2) I suggested, that you implement an option to your addon to shorten the addon bar, so that no additional addons are needed.

Greetings

3) PS: Can the code, written above for stylish be used in userChrome.css? I don't want an additional addon.

1) I dont know if this is even possbile. Scrollbars require html/xul content, iframes etc. None of this applies to a popup menu.

2) I understand, but such a feature is not planned for CTR.

3) Code that works in Stylish not always works in userCrome

Sxderp wrote:...

I have no problem with no official release / fix. What I would like to know is if it is possible to fix and where I should be looking in order to fix it myself. I'm not quite sure which CSS id / class I should be looking at or if I need to do anything more than just CSS changes.

Try to modify this values in Stylish, maybe this works for your theme.

Code: Select all

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[sizemode="normal"] #titlebar{
  margin-bottom: 25px !important;
}

or

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[sizemode="normal"] #titlebar #titlebar-content {
}

or

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[sizemode="normal"] #titlebar #titlebar-content #ctraddon_appbutton2 {
}

Prof. Martelo wrote:I upgrade my work PC with Windows XP from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 and it´s missing a line (shadow?) above the add-on bar.

No other problem found so far.

You are right, this one will be back for XP and Windows classic themes.

kukla wrote:Aris, should I conclude that your no reply means you can't see a way of doing this?

As you may not have a Mac to try this with, I can understand that you may not have any other ideas -- I still want to say thanks for the help you've already given this.

(If you are still interested in pursuing this, what is strange is that, after changing border color to e.g., .7, if I try to revert to .2 simply by editing only the .2 back in again, the outlining still remains absent. I have to reenter the entire CSS, including with the original .2.)

I had no time to run the code on MacOSX yet, so I did not reply.

Btw, changing border-color works fine for me. Try this:

toolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any([type="menu-button"],[disabled],[open],#back-button,#forward-button)),
    toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not([open]) > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-button,
    toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not([open]) > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
    toolbar .toolbaritem-combined-buttons > .toolbarbutton-combined {
      border-color: hsla(0,0%,0%,.4) !important;
      box-shadow: 0 1px 0 hsla(0,0%,100%,.5),
                  0 1px 0 hsla(0,0%,100%,.5) inset !important;
    }

toolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any([disabled],[open])):hover,
    toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not([open]) > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-button:hover,
    toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not([open]) > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker:hover,
    toolbar .toolbaritem-combined-buttons > .toolbarbutton-combined:hover {
      border-color: hsla(0,0%,0%,.8) !important;
    }

toolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any([type="menu-button"],[disabled],[open],#back-button,#forward-button)):not(:hover),
    toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([open]))[buttonover] > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-button,
    toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([open],[buttonover])):not(:hover) > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker {
      background: hsla(0,0%,100%,.1) linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,100%,.3), hsla(0,0%,100%,.1)) padding-box !important;
    }

toolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any([type="menu-button"],[disabled],#back-button,#forward-button)):-moz-any(:not(:hover):active,[open],[checked]),
    toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([disabled],[open]))[buttonover]:active > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-button,
    toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([disabled],[open],[buttonover])):not(:hover):active > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
    toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"][open]:not([disabled]) > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker {
      background: hsla(0,0%,0%,.5) linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,0%,.12), hsla(0,0%,0%,0)) border-box !important;
      border-color: hsla(0,0%,0%,.3) !important;
      box-shadow: 0 1px 0 hsla(0,0%,100%,.5),
                  0 1px 0 hsla(0,0%,0%,.05) inset,
                  0 1px 1px hsla(0,0%,0%,.2) inset !important;
      transition-duration: 10ms !important;
    }

toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[checked]:not(:active):not(:hover) {
      background-color: hsla(0,0%,0%,.09) !important;
      transition: background-color 250ms !important;
    }
Jack Black

Post by Jack Black »

CTR 1.1.9: enabling "Bookmarks toolbar: add top border to toolbar (Windows AeroGlass / Win8)" will also remove the top border of the navbar.
Last edited by Jack Black on May 5th, 2014, 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Jack Black wrote:1. It appears there's a conflict with Status-4-Evar since version 1.1.9 of Classic Theme Restorer: when first putting the S4E's status text either on S4E's status bar, or on CTR's add-on bar, it will only display the "status text" placeholder.
Then, after a refresh of the page, the status text disappears after a few seconds, even if set to stay forever in S4E's preferences.

Also, for versions 1.1.8 and 1.1.9, using "Compact panel menus (bookmarks, history etc.)" works OK on most of the panels, safe for the Star Button one, whose sides are more cropped than for the others.

1. Have you Status-4-Evar 2014.05.03.06 installed? Status text seems fine for me on any toolbar.
Have you also enabled S4Es "Show status in toolbar"? After content finishes loadingd S4E displays "Done". It disappears after the amount of time set in S4Es settings.
I'm not sure, if S4E dev added support to CTR 1.1.8 and before. Ids changed in 1.1.9, so that might be responsible for the conflict.

2. You are right, bookmarks buttons popup menu and its sub menus need 2px more left and right padding/margins.

Jack Black wrote:CTR 1.1.9: enabling "Bookmarks toolbar: add top border to toolbar (Windows AeroGlass / Win8)" will also remove the top border of the navbar.

Yes, it is intended to do that. These new options are mainly for "tabs not on top mode". I will change the corresponding labels later.
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

Aris, just wanted to say THANK YOU for such an excellent add-on. :)
IMHO it's very user friendly.
I've recommended it also to my customers who don't like the Australis theme and want the original appearance back.
They've told me that they really love the add-on.
I also use it on my home computers.
http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a573/LuvComputers/29ffinaltwk_zpsfc51ee23.jpg
KUDOS and keep up the GREAT WORK :D
Also I think Mozilla should hire you, you'd be a great asset to their team. :wink:
Last edited by LuvKomputrs on May 5th, 2014, 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
kukla

Post by kukla »

Thanks very much, the .4 is much better than the .2. But same problem now with the .4 as with the .2: If I try to go higher (by editing) than the current .4 in order to see what, for example, the .7 (or anything from the .4 up) looks like for a darker border, all the outlining just disappears again completely. (Is there something else in the code that needs to be adjusted when the border color value is edited?)

Sorry to have to keep asking about this, wish there was a way I could make that edit myself. Very weird that I can't, as I seem to be able to edit all the other items but this one.

But this is getting close to the way I'd like it. Just needs a bit more tweaking.
Last edited by kukla on May 5th, 2014, 10:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
Jack Black

Post by Jack Black »

Aris wrote:1. Have you Status-4-Evar 2014.05.03.06 installed? Status text seems fine for me on any toolbar.
Have you also enabled S4Es "Show status in toolbar"? After content finishes loadingd S4E displays "Done". It disappears after the amount of time set in S4Es settings.

Yes, I use the latest version of S4E. "Done" is set not to disappear (= 0 seconds; I also tried to max the value: it still disappears after a few seconds, way earlier than it should).

I'm not sure, if S4E dev added support to CTR 1.1.8 and before. Ids changed in 1.1.9, so that might be responsible for the conflict.
I believe he added support for CTR 1.1.8, as he also added a similar support for the legacy status bar than what CTR does (I had that option disabled as I don't use it, added to the fact that, IIRC, S4E dev warned about a possible conflict with CTR if support for the status bar was enabled in both add-ons -- I enabled it for testing: the status text still disappears).

In any case, I've posted the same report in S4E's thread.

Oh, and a small suggestion for a future version of CTR: toolbarname has been made translatable ("&Ctr_addonbar;"), but so could the accesskey: not every locale uses an "N" for their translation of "ENTITY Ctr_addonbar" (actually, French and Russian don't, which makes Firefox displays the "(N)" after the label).
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Just me $0.02 US, but I am having no apparent issues between latest Betas of CTR and S4E.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Jack Black

Magic!

Post by Jack Black »

Interesting fact: as I was trying to see if I could find something about this conflict by using the console while going to customization mode, it seems to now work correctly (I didn't even use "Restore defaults"). :shock:

What's even weird: the bug was reproducible on my other test profile, but it's also now gone and everything's OK there. :-k

I'll post if the bug un-automagically fixes itself and reappears. :mrgreen:
geius

Post by geius »

Aris wrote:
1) I dont know if this is even possbile. Scrollbars require html/xul content, iframes etc. None of this applies to a popup menu.

In FF up to 28 you could easily add scrollbars (like I showed in the picture http://postimg.org/image/m4yh4bial/ ) via userChrome.css, so it should be possible easily for your addon to implement.

See this link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/quest ... wer-156761

Thank you!

EDIT: Ok to add scrollbars to the CTR bookmarks menu add the following to userChrome.css:

#BMB_bookmarksPopup scrollbox,
#ctraddon_BMB_bookmarksPopup scrollbox,
#bookmarksMenuPopup scrollbox,
#personal-bookmarks scrollbox {
 overflow-y:auto!important
}

#BMB_bookmarksPopup .autorepeatbutton-up,
#BMB_bookmarksPopup .autorepeatbutton-down,
#ctraddon_BMB_bookmarksPopup .autorepeatbutton-up,
#ctraddon_BMB_bookmarksPopup .autorepeatbutton-down,
#bookmarksMenuPopup .autorepeatbutton-up,
#bookmarksMenuPopup .autorepeatbutton-down,
#personal-bookmarks .autorepeatbutton-up,
#personal-bookmarks .autorepeatbutton-down {
 display:none!important;
}

An option for it would be nice though.
Last edited by geius on May 5th, 2014, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel_Orner

Post by Daniel_Orner »

Aris, thanks so much for addressing the issue with Back/Forward buttons having text added. Unfortunately, it still doesn't look great:

Could we make sure the arrow is normal size even in this case? Thanks!
Paul Allen

Post by Paul Allen »

Aris - I don't know if you intended this or not, but the support forum link on the options page points to the old thread.
BlackRaven

Post by BlackRaven »

Hi!
Excuse me, if this question was already asked.
I have a problem with combining reload-stop button. Checking the respective checkbox doesn't take any effect - there are two buttons either it checked or not. Maybe I can't do it in manual?
Thanks in advance!
TechnoLurker

Post by TechnoLurker »

Aris wrote:
Jack Black wrote:1. It appears there's a conflict with Status-4-Evar since version 1.1.9 of Classic Theme Restorer: when first putting the S4E's status text either on S4E's status bar, or on CTR's add-on bar, it will only display the "status text" placeholder.

1. Have you Status-4-Evar 2014.05.03.06 installed? Status text seems fine for me on any toolbar.

I'm running S4E 2013.10.31.22 and don't have any problem with CTR 1.20.beta1 with or without delay on.
p83

Post by p83 »

BlackRaven wrote:Hi!
Excuse me, if this question was already asked.
I have a problem with combining reload-stop button. Checking the respective checkbox doesn't take any effect - there are two buttons either it checked or not. Maybe I can't do it in manual?
Thanks in advance!

Try putting the "stop" button to the left and "refresh" button to the right.