[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Kanade

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by Kanade »

Aris wrote:1. This can be fixed. Tab width settings can also be set using about:config manually.
extensions.classicthemerestorer.ctabmwidth
extensions.classicthemerestorer.ctabwidth;250

2. The gap is only visible, if you can not scroll any further to the right. Altering tab scroll buttons sizes, paddings, margins almost everytime results in a broken ui.
Not everything can be 100% pre-Australis. If anyone knows an accurate tweak to bypass this one, it could be added to CTR.

Thank you for the reply.

Changing the value manually works perfectly. However, I would like to ask: it seems like the size of the tabs from version 28 and 29 are exactly the same (100px). Although for version 28 and below it showed more letters compared to version 29. Is this the result of Australis?

As for the gap, I haven't touched any settings from your addon so I guess nothing can be done at this point?
MT89

Post by MT89 »

I posted my problem viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2773133&start=1500 (2nd post down) with the bookmark button "checked state" on linux ( ubuntu 14.04 ) with CTR version 1.1.8 , and you replied,
This one was a temporal fix for Linux, because it did not have a "checked" state, by the time I added these menubuttons.It will be fixed on next build.

I installed the new CTR version 1.1.9 and version 1.2.0beta1 and I am still having this problem.
Aris

Post by Aris »

LuvComputers wrote:Aris, just wanted to say THANK YOU for such an excellent add-on. :)
IMHO it's very user friendly.
I've recommended it also to my customers who don't like the Australis theme and want the original appearance back.
They've told me that they really love the add-on.
I also use it on my home computers.
http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a573/LuvComputers/29ffinaltwk_zpsfc51ee23.jpg
KUDOS and keep up the GREAT WORK :D
Also I think Mozilla should hire you, you'd be a great asset to their team. :wink:

Thanks.

kukla wrote:Thanks very much, the .4 is much better than the .2. But same problem now with the .4 as with the .2: If I try to go higher (by editing) than the current .4 in order to see what, for example, the .7 (or anything from the .4 up) looks like for a darker border, all the outlining just disappears again completely. (Is there something else in the code that needs to be adjusted when the border color value is edited?)

Sorry to have to keep asking about this, wish there was a way I could make that edit myself. Very weird that I can't, as I seem to be able to edit all the other items but this one.

But this is getting close to the way I'd like it. Just needs a bit more tweaking.
http://i62.tinypic.com/vyljqb.png

Are you changing correct values? If I set an opacity to .7 or .9 for non-hovered toolbarbuttons border-color, it gets black.

It is probably not working because the border color of the hovered button is identical to the default one.

Look at my screenshot and compare the values. You will get a blue border for hovered buttons in this example.
http://de.tinypic.com/r/ajs2km/8

You could also try to start a new thread about this in "Firefox builds" area, where more people would see what you are trying to do.

Jack Black wrote:...

Oh, and a small suggestion for a future version of CTR: toolbarname has been made translatable ("&Ctr_addonbar;"), but so could the accesskey: not every locale uses an "N" for their translation of "ENTITY Ctr_addonbar" (actually, French and Russian don't, which makes Firefox displays the "(N)" after the label).

Noted. First CTR only offered English, other locales were added later.

geius wrote:
In FF up to 28 you could easily add scrollbars (like I showed in the picture http://postimg.org/image/m4yh4bial/ ) via userChrome.css, so it should be possible easily for your addon to implement.

See this link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/quest ... wer-156761

Thank you!

EDIT: Ok to add scrollbars to the CTR bookmarks menu add the following to userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

#BMB_bookmarksPopup scrollbox,
#ctraddon_BMB_bookmarksPopup scrollbox,
#bookmarksMenuPopup scrollbox,
#personal-bookmarks scrollbox {
 overflow-y:auto!important
}

#BMB_bookmarksPopup .autorepeatbutton-up,
#BMB_bookmarksPopup .autorepeatbutton-down,
#ctraddon_BMB_bookmarksPopup .autorepeatbutton-up,
#ctraddon_BMB_bookmarksPopup .autorepeatbutton-down,
#bookmarksMenuPopup .autorepeatbutton-up,
#bookmarksMenuPopup .autorepeatbutton-down,
#personal-bookmarks .autorepeatbutton-up,
#personal-bookmarks .autorepeatbutton-down {
 display:none!important;
}

An option for it would be nice though.

OK, I didn't know this was possible.

Daniel_Orner wrote:Aris, thanks so much for addressing the issue with Back/Forward buttons having text added. Unfortunately, it still doesn't look great:

Could we make sure the arrow is normal size even in this case? Thanks!

I know its still not perfect.

Paul Allen wrote:Aris - I don't know if you intended this or not, but the support forum link on the options page points to the old thread.

I forgot tp change that link.

BlackRaven wrote:Hi!
Excuse me, if this question was already asked.
I have a problem with combining reload-stop button. Checking the respective checkbox doesn't take any effect - there are two buttons either it checked or not. Maybe I can't do it in manual?
Thanks in advance!

You need to place the buttons in the correct order on your toolbar:
[stop] before [reload], then check the option.

Kanade wrote:...

Thank you for the reply.

Changing the value manually works perfectly. However, I would like to ask: it seems like the size of the tabs from version 28 and 29 are exactly the same (100px). Although for version 28 and below it showed more letters compared to version 29. Is this the result of Australis?

Isn't there a different font rendering in Australis? Can someone confirm? Although when tabs are 250px they show the same amound of letter as pre-Australis did.

Kanade wrote:As for the gap, I haven't touched any settings from your addon so I guess nothing can be done at this point?

Not for now.

MT89 wrote:I posted my problem viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2773133&start=1500 (2nd post down) with the bookmark button "checked state" on linux ( ubuntu 14.04 ) with CTR version 1.1.8 , and you replied,
This one was a temporal fix for Linux, because it did not have a "checked" state, by the time I added these menubuttons.It will be fixed on next build.

I installed the new CTR version 1.1.9 and version 1.2.0beta1 and I am still having this problem.

Sorry, this change got lost on last 1.1.9 betas. It will be in next one.
MT89

Post by MT89 »

MT89 wrote:I posted my problem viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2773133&start=1500 (2nd post down) with the bookmark button "checked state" on linux ( ubuntu 14.04 ) with CTR version 1.1.8 , and you replied,

Sorry, this change got lost on last 1.1.9 betas. It will be in next one.

Do you mean in next beta (1.2.0beta2) or in next version (1.2.1)?
spaced

Post by spaced »

hello,
I've just installed CTR 1.2 cause my FF upgraded :( and i needed to go back to my square tabs. GOT IT!
but unfortunately had to disable tab mix plus colors for tabs (bug in tab mix plus in colouring modified tabs). so I got clean tabs , squared . goood.
Wanted to colour it with CTR options for colour tabs but every other colouring option works except background what I need most!

help!!
how to get coloured background tabs working?
merlinwisdom

Post by merlinwisdom »

Aris wrote:
merlinwisdom wrote:Aris, when I updated from CTR 1.1.9beta21 to beta22,
some kind of bug appeared.

I have two add-on bars and my add-ons are splitted between the two. Both has their own close button,
their own instance in the context menu and unique name('Add-on Bar' and 'Addon Bar') in the context menu (check image link below).

All my Stylish scripts are disabled.

http://s29.postimg.org/rds98utf7/tabs_s ... beta22.jpg

I don't know what kind of add-on bar extension you have installed besides CTR, but I can ensure you only "Add-on Bar" is CTRs.

Aris, I have discovered the cause to the double add-on bar.

What caused it was the latest version of the add-on "ShowIP" (2.4 = https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/showip/).

Seems like when the developer of ShowIP made it "Firefox v29" ready,
he added code that creats a add-on bar. :(
Last edited by merlinwisdom on May 5th, 2014, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aris

Post by Aris »

MT89 wrote:
Do you mean in next beta (1.2.0beta2) or in next version (1.2.1)?

Both.

spaced wrote:hello,
I've just installed CTR 1.2 cause my FF upgraded :( and i needed to go back to my square tabs. GOT IT!
but unfortunately had to disable tab mix plus colors for tabs (bug in tab mix plus in colouring modified tabs). so I got clean tabs , squared . goood.
Wanted to colour it with CTR options for colour tabs but every other colouring option works except background what I need most!

help!!

spaced

Post by spaced »

help!!

Image[/quote]

yes, this setting is not working (1.2.0beta2)
spaced

Post by spaced »

spaced wrote:

help!!

I found it does not work when theme is applied (different than default one). Looks like CTR is not overriding theme colours on tabs. (eg the solar system theme)
BlackRaven

Post by BlackRaven »

p83 wrote:
BlackRaven wrote:Hi!
Excuse me, if this question was already asked.
I have a problem with combining reload-stop button. Checking the respective checkbox doesn't take any effect - there are two buttons either it checked or not. Maybe I can't do it in manual?
Thanks in advance!

Try putting the "stop" button to the left and "refresh" button to the right.

Thank you! It works!
kukla

Post by kukla »

Aris wrote:Are you changing correct values? If I set an opacity to .7 or .9 for non-hovered toolbarbuttons border-color, it gets black.

There are only these 3 "border-color" entries in your code (screenshot below.) Can you say which one you are referring to? I think you must be referring to the first one. as only two show in your TinyPic link, and the second one doesn't seem to be what you are talking about, since it's already at .9. I have tried changing the border-color in the third one also (is that the non-hovered one you are referring to?) to a higher value from .3, but that doesn't seem to have any effect.
It is probably not working because the border color of the hovered button is identical to the default one.

But if that's the case, then why did the new code you gave me, the one with .4, which replaced the original .2, in the first border-color entry, work? When I tried changing that value from .2 upwards before, and even now, from.4 to .7, all the outlining disappeared once again. I should also point out that, even if I set that first border-color to a lower value than what you give in your code, the outlining disappears. And even if I make an edit, then decide to revert to the original value--the one that was working at first--with a new edit, all the outlining still disappears. The only way I can revert to a working CSS is to delete then completely reinstate the entire original code.) If I even just make the smallest edit there, e.g., to return to the original .4 back from a .5, the outlining will still be gone when I restart Firefox.

Here's what happens when I go from .4 to .5 in the first border-color. This happens with any change of value.

Since I'm completely stumped here, perhaps you can give me just the section of code that needs changing up to .6 or .7, and I can just copy that in to where it belongs. For some mysterious reason, or just my obvious lack of experience, the changed values are working from your code, but not when I do the same from an edit. ](*,)

Last edited by kukla on May 5th, 2014, 3:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
isidroco

Post by isidroco »

isidroco wrote:Is there a way to put the toolbar UNDER the windows bar as all the rest of the regular programs? Otherwise it is difficult, or even imposible to move the window if it is too narrow. Thanks.
Answer: Which toolbar? Tabs toolbar? CTR won't support something like that.
Why you window it narrow? Post a screen shot?

I meant the menuBar, and found the solution was already there (Tabs in titlebar). I understand english better than spanish for this kind of options, is there a way to Change language? (it defaults to Spanish in my spanish FF/windows), thanks.
Oomingmak

Post by Oomingmak »

I stumbled across this article about CTR and saw this screenshot:

I noticed that a couple of the options shown in the screenshot are not included in CTR (as far as I can tell). The missing options are the 'Add-on bar' and 'Additional toolbar' checkboxes (which I presume removed or displayed those particular items).

Is there any chance of adding these 2 options back, because I'd really like to be able to remove the 'add-on' bar and 'additional' bar altogether (inducing their menu entries) seeing as I never use them and they just clutter up my context menu when trying to toggle other toolbars (often resulting in me often accidentally selecting the wrong item).

Thanks.
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

I'm use CTR 1.1.9 with Tree Style Tab 0.14.2014050102 (mixed style).
All works correctly for me only with extensions.classicthemerestorer.tabsontop = "unset" (and with "Curved tabs (Australis default)"), but following fix breaks this:

Code: Select all

// Tree Style Tabs addon
   AddonManager.getAddonByID('treestyletab@piro.sakura.ne.jp', function(addon) {
      if(addon && addon.isActive) { classicthemerestorerjs.ctr.prefs.setCharPref('tabsontop','false'); }
   });
This game has no name. It will never be the same. ©
Tagora

temp

Post by Tagora »

Aris wrote:
Tagora wrote:'Show close button' does not hide addon-bar close button when unchecked.

I as able to remove it via about:config in the location bar.
Under browser.uiCustomization.state, right click -> Modify Value', navigate to "ctr_addonbar":["ctr_addonbar-close",...] and remove '"ctr_addonbar-close",'.
close the tab, restart Firefox, an it's gone.

The "ctr" items are from CTR add-on not S4E. Use CTRs "hide addon bar close button" option to achieve what you trying to do.

I tried but the close button seemed to be unmoveable. I could insert controls in front of it, moving it asside but I couldn't move it off the addon bar.