[Ext] MoreLayouts (for Thunderbird) 5.9 [2020-01-31]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Eutychus

Re: [Ext] MoreLayouts (for Thunderbird) 2.5 [2012-08-26]

Post by Eutychus »

I like the layout options, but just discovered that when MoreLayouts is enabled, if I delete a message, I cannot undo the delete with Ctrl+Z. With it disabled, I can.
kennerr

Post by kennerr »

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for this addon!

I am wondering how I can enable the multiple-row view? I could not find an option in the settings. It is mentioned to be available in one of the screenshots:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... relayouts/
world-in-union

Post by world-in-union »

I think the developer has not released that particular feature yet.
kennerr

Post by kennerr »

@world-in-union

Thanks for your response. In that case I will wait for the official developer's response. :)
alta88

Post by alta88 »

Eutychus wrote:I like the layout options, but just discovered that when MoreLayouts is enabled, if I delete a message, I cannot undo the delete with Ctrl+Z. With it disabled, I can.

Hmm, yes. It will be addressed by the time Tb31 comes out.

kennerr wrote:@world-in-union

Thanks for your response. In that case I will wait for the official developer's response. :)

It has not been released, same response as on the prior page..
kennerr

Post by kennerr »

Thanks, found your statement and would love to pay for it! I hope it will be possible to submit TB extensions to the store.

Thanks. As for MultiRow, it won't be released until there is a way to easily monetize it, meaning most likely the Fx app store being enabled for desktop extensions.
MozillaMonkey

Post by MozillaMonkey »

Alta, you have a great add-on here!

I'd just like to make one small request, if possible.

In Wide Thread view, if you could allow the user to switch the Folders and Message panes at the bottom of the view that would be excellent. So they would have a choice to have the Messages on the left and Folders on the right and vice versa.

TIA
alta88

Post by alta88 »

For Wide Thread, you can use this css rule:

Code: Select all

#messengerBox {
  -moz-box-direction: reverse;
}

or even:

#messengerBox {
  direction: rtl;
}
MozillaMonkey

Post by MozillaMonkey »

[quote="alta88"]For Wide Thread, you can use this css rule:

#messengerBox {
  -moz-box-direction: reverse;
}

Thanks alta, that worked great!
stanglow

Re: [Ext] MoreLayouts (for Thunderbird) 3.1 [2016-07-10]

Post by stanglow »

Plugin does not work in build 1:38.8.0+build1-0ubuntu0.16.04.1. More Layouts is automatically disabled upon install. After enabling, it removes ability to switch layout for all settings including the stock ones. Let me know where I should file a bug and what you need from me.

This is a great tool I have relied on for years, thanks for the continued development. :)

:!: EDIT: It appears this plugin is fine and it's failure to work is due to an unrelated bug. When installing the plugin, users are prompted to restart Thunderbird. Initiating a restart from the Addons window causes the plugin to fail. However, exiting the program completely then restarting a new instance allows the plugin to work correctly. I should look and see if restarting from the Addons window affects other plugins.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

thanks.

without error log messages, it's unknown what happened. for some updates (in tb or in an extension) a double restart is sometimes needed. the incremental update to morelayouts 3.1 shouldn't have been one of them.
Sloma

Post by Sloma »

Hi, This is brilliant extension but I have one problem with it. For some reason reversing stacked view messed up my client. I can't go back to regular stacked view where my messages are at the bottom left with folders on top left.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

thanks. but you haven't given any information that can address the problem. make sure you have Tb45, MoreLayouts 3.1 (reinstall perhaps), make sure it isn't another extension conflict, and make sure you don't have custom css rules. otherwise, reverse stacked check/uncheck is simply adding/removing an attribute to trigger a css 'reverse' rule.
jordanbrown

Post by jordanbrown »

Love it for Wide Thread mode. Any chance of SeaMonkey support? (Or any hints as to how I could DIY Wide Thread mode on SeaMonkey?)
loconn

Post by loconn »

Hi Alta88 (or someone else who can help)

I'm wondering it is is possible to re-assign the position of panes within the Stacked View (or perhaps a variation on the original view) such that the threads pane occupies the full height and half the width of the TB window with the Folder and Message panes one above the other occupying the other half of the width.

If you suggest altering lines of code within the extension please indicate what the current line is so that I know what to replace. If I need to add lines of code please let me know where to add them by indicating the code which comes before the alteration.

Any help is much appreciated.
Regards
Lachlan

N.B I understand that the splitters can be moved so that the panes do not have to occupy half the screen as stated above but I thought it the simplest way to articulate what I am hoping to achieve.