How often does Mozilla change the look of Thunderbird?

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
cowtechtutor

How often does Mozilla change the look of Thunderbird?

Post by cowtechtutor »

Hey Everyone

I'm Thinking of doing a post on my website about the versions of Thunderbird I really like what they have done with the last one many of my clients find it really easy to use, I was wondering how often they change the look of the program because for the most part it stays very consistent.

Thanks for the help!

Andrew
Last edited by DanRaisch on May 31st, 2014, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Commercial web site link removed as not relevant to the topic.
LoudNoise

Re: How often does Mozilla change the look of Thunderbird?

Post by LoudNoise »

Thunderbird is currently blessed by being maintained rather then actively developed so the interface isn't likely to change much in the near future anyway.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

cowtechtutor wrote:Hey Everyone

I'm Thinking of doing a post on my website about the versions of Thunderbird I really like what they have done with the last one many of my clients find it really easy to use, I was wondering how often they change the look of the program because for the most part it stays very consistent.

Thanks for the help!

Andrew

Well, Thunderbird has had the curved tabs and hamburger menu button that some Firefox users are now complaining about since version 15.0.

I have seen talk of removing the hamburger menu button, but personally I would like to see it go the way of Firefox so I can put icons on my Mail toolbar for quicker access to Settings, Add-ons, Message Filters and probably a few more.

Where is the ducking emoticon. :wink:
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Where is the ducking emoticon. :wink:

Here WLS....You can borrow the one that I use.

Oh yeah. & I still use v2.0.0.24, coz it just does what I require.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

LoudNoise wrote:Thunderbird is currently blessed by being maintained rather then actively developed so the interface isn't likely to change much in the near future anyway.

This kind of simplistic statement misinforms, IMO. It is true, what gets developed depends primarily on volunteer time and talent, not whether there is a paid Thunderbird staffers. But we benefit freely from dialog and advice with Firefox staff, and improvements made in both Firefox front end and backend work. And we have great volunteer talent, including active UI peers and owners - so there is good progress.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Oh, sorry. I was under the impression that the only changes being made were purely maintenance.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

http://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/ hasn't been updated frequently, but more is coming now