MozillaZine

Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Lemon Juice
 
Posts: 771
Joined: June 1st, 2006, 9:41 am

Post Posted June 9th, 2014, 4:43 pm

patrickjdempsey wrote:Once Mozdev is back up that's a possibility... that is what was for basically. However the admin for mozillaZine is very busy with other projects and basically just makes sure the phpBB software and the server is up and running. I don't think he's be interested in expanding.

Who is the admin of Mozdev? Now that we know mozillazine.org is not available then maybe he wouldn't mind letting us use a subdomain of mozdev.org - with an external hosting (just pointing DNS) so any server stuff happening to mozdev wouldn't affect the converter.

Gort wrote:Thought I'd report on a non-working Firefox extension.

Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.9.1 doesn't work after conversion. It installs, and the buttons and context menu items turn up as expected, but they don't do anything when used.

This is an interesting extension because it uses a few things in the code which are different from their equivalents in SeaMonkey but the equivalents mostly exist so I was able to improve the converter to detect and replace them. As a result it appears that this extension is now fully functional in SM - try the converter again!
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey

patrickjdempsey

User avatar
 
Posts: 23734
Joined: October 23rd, 2008, 11:43 am
Location: Asheville NC

Post Posted June 9th, 2014, 5:06 pm

You might email Philip Chee and see if he can help in that regard, he's hosted projects on Mozdev for ages.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/

Gort

User avatar
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: February 2nd, 2003, 6:01 pm
Location: Sussex, UK

Post Posted June 9th, 2014, 6:28 pm

Lemon Juice wrote:This is an interesting extension because it uses a few things in the code which are different from their equivalents in SeaMonkey but the equivalents mostly exist so I was able to improve the converter to detect and replace them. As a result it appears that this extension is now fully functional in SM - try the converter again!


Yeah, seems to work perfectly. Chalk it up as a success. Thanks.

rsx11m
Moderator
 
Posts: 14420
Joined: May 3rd, 2007, 7:40 am
Location: US

Post Posted June 10th, 2014, 8:04 am

Congratulations!

LemonJuice has been nominated for the "Friends of the Tree Fish Tank" award in today's meeting!

\:D/
Last edited by rsx11m on June 10th, 2014, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: oops, mixed up the names

Tialon

User avatar
 
Posts: 31
Joined: May 18th, 2014, 8:10 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Post Posted June 10th, 2014, 8:53 am

Hurray! That's great. I'm a fan of that extension, as it's been very useful to me. Kudos!

Lemon Juice
 
Posts: 771
Joined: June 1st, 2006, 9:41 am

Post Posted June 10th, 2014, 10:45 am

rsx11m wrote:Congratulations!

LemonJuice has been nominated for the "Friends of the Tree" award in today's meeting!

Wow, thanks, I didn't know there were nominations for such things! Does this have anything to do with the macabre Happy Tree Friends? :D

Tialon wrote:Hurray! That's great. I'm a fan of that extension, as it's been very useful to me. Kudos!

Great! Who would have thought that such a tiny little extension could be very useful to someone :)
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey

rsx11m
Moderator
 
Posts: 14420
Joined: May 3rd, 2007, 7:40 am
Location: US

Post Posted June 10th, 2014, 11:52 am

Lemon Juice wrote:Wow, thanks, I didn't know there were nominations for such things!

According to Asa's blog, this tradition has been around since 2001, thus even before the 1.0 release of the Mozilla Suite. 8-)

By the way: The SeaMonkey version is of course Friends of the Fish Tank!
(Seamonkeys live in water, not in trees...)

Lemon Juice
 
Posts: 771
Joined: June 1st, 2006, 9:41 am

Post Posted June 12th, 2014, 5:55 am

Gort wrote:Yeah, seems to work perfectly. Chalk it up as a success. Thanks.

Great, I've added it to the list with a few others that seem to work.

rsx11m wrote:According to Asa's blog, this tradition has been around since 2001, thus even before the 1.0 release of the Mozilla Suite. 8-)

By the way: The SeaMonkey version is of course Friends of the Fish Tank!
(Seamonkeys live in water, not in trees...)

Thanks to this, I've discovered a hidden shortcut in SeaMonkey: Ctrl+Alt+F :lol:
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey

rsx11m
Moderator
 
Posts: 14420
Joined: May 3rd, 2007, 7:40 am
Location: US

Post Posted June 12th, 2014, 6:57 am

Yeah, that's a nice one - there should be an about:fishcam URL to make it more obvious. 8-)

patrickjdempsey

User avatar
 
Posts: 23734
Joined: October 23rd, 2008, 11:43 am
Location: Asheville NC

Post Posted June 12th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Most sacred of all SeaMonkey keyboard shortcuts!
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/

Anonymosity
 
Posts: 8452
Joined: May 7th, 2007, 12:07 pm

Post Posted June 12th, 2014, 1:06 pm

rsx11m wrote:By the way: The SeaMonkey version is of course Friends of the Fish Tank!
(Seamonkeys live in water, not in trees...)

Since when do foxes live in trees?

patrickjdempsey

User avatar
 
Posts: 23734
Joined: October 23rd, 2008, 11:43 am
Location: Asheville NC

Post Posted June 12th, 2014, 1:16 pm

Anonymosity wrote:
rsx11m wrote:By the way: The SeaMonkey version is of course Friends of the Fish Tank!
(Seamonkeys live in water, not in trees...)

Since when do foxes live in trees?


Since when have firefoxen been foxes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57gOrmNZDvg

It's basically a red raccoon. ;)
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/

L.A.R. Grizzly

User avatar
 
Posts: 5298
Joined: March 15th, 2005, 5:32 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio, USA

Post Posted June 13th, 2014, 10:02 pm

After learning about this tool, I used it to install FireForm. FireForm is working as expected on my system with SM 2.26. Thanks for the tool!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /fireform/
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 27.6.1, Firefox 52.5.0esr, SeaMonkey 2.48, FossaMail 38.6.0 and Thunderbird 52.4.0

Frank Lion

User avatar
 
Posts: 19409
Joined: April 23rd, 2004, 6:59 pm
Location: ... The Exorcist....United Kingdom

Post Posted June 14th, 2014, 6:12 am

This is just a 5 minute hack that puts 'Tiny Menu' on the left side of the Nav Bar (which is where I always it :)) - http://franklion.co.uk/Tiny-menu-nav-bar.xpi (that's a direct install link)

Image

Sometime, I'll look at my Compact Menu 3 stuff.
Last edited by rsx11m on June 14th, 2014, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Prevented install link from being clickable
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Lemon Juice
 
Posts: 771
Joined: June 1st, 2006, 9:41 am

Post Posted June 14th, 2014, 8:39 am

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote: FireForm is working as expected on my system with SM 2.26.

Great, added to the list!

Frank Lion wrote:This is just a 5 minute hack that puts 'Tiny Menu' on the left side of the Nav Bar (which is where I always it :)) - http://franklion.co.uk/Tiny-menu-nav-bar.xpi (that's a direct install link)

Image

Sometime, I'll look at my Compact Menu 3 stuff.

Quite good for a 5-minute hack :). However, the ability to access the menu with the alt key has been lost. And there are some weird things going on when trying to reorganize buttons around the menu button. So for now I think I prefer the original Tiny Menu. However, getting CM3 to work in SM would be cool 8-)
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey

Return to SeaMonkey Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests