[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
bege

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by bege »

Aris wrote:
I will upload next beta shortly.

There was a tiny change in beta3 where one removed !important tag caused this and other troubles. ;-)

Aris, I appreciate your work very much :)
am am still very angry at the Mozilla developers for their autocratic way to supply Australis that causes users and add-on developers hours and days or work. :evil:
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

For TMP users, a new development version of TMP is available here: http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=65509#p65509
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
SBQ

Post by SBQ »

Hello,

what happened with squared Orange Firefox button located in upper left corner at the begging of Tabs line? It disappeared..
I found it very useable and functional. It looked as fixed attached panel. I try to bring it back but it didn't work. The point is that i use main Firefox ribbon (where is only logo, name of the website on blue background color).

Any hint to fix and restore this button?
S
Aris

Post by Aris »

happysurf wrote:...

Sorry, the option "Replace generic favicon with sheet favicon" was enabled but all the rest is disabled.
In any case the disappearance on mouse over is still here.
No I don't have any css or addons for modify favicons.

I can reproduce this now and will see what can be done about it.

SBQ wrote:Hello,

what happened with squared Orange Firefox button located in upper left corner at the begging of Tabs line? It disappeared..
I found it very useable and functional. It looked as fixed attached panel. I try to bring it back but it didn't work. The point is that i use main Firefox ribbon (where is only logo, name of the website on blue background color).

S

The button probably got hidden/moved by last update or ended up in customization palette.
Make sure you have the corresponding option enabled on CTR prefwindow, so you can move it to where it was before.
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

Aris wrote:

Sorry, the option "Replace generic favicon with sheet favicon" was enabled but all the rest is disabled.
In any case the disappearance on mouse over is still here.
No I don't have any css or addons for modify favicons.

Does this happen on all your OS or on WinXP only?

I just tried also on my Windows 7 32 bit laptop but the problem is the same.
Surf the Internet is a dirty job but someone has to do it.
SBQ

Post by SBQ »

Aris wrote:
SBQ wrote:Hello,

S

The button probably got hidden/moved by last update or ended up in customization palette.
Make sure you have the corresponding option enabled on CTR prefwindow, so you can move it to where it was before.

Hello,
well i did check my customization palette and i find no Application button there. I remember that this button was normally visible but there is no such button now, anywhere. I would like to have my Application button in Tabs ribbon again. But now it is impossible to set it up on same place again. In CTR i didn t move with anything (i think). I have those settings:
- Firefox titlebar (about: config): NOT CHECKED *
- Application button: Button on (Firefox) titlebar
(*) when i CHECK the "Firefox titlebar" checkbox i will get Application button but on different place - it automatically disables Header ribbon (Firefox titlebar (about: config) is automaticaly CHECKED). I use Header ribbon because i use XP in combination with Actual Window Manager for additonal Windows buttons.
So something went wrong here. Can you put an eye on it on fix it, please?
Thanks
S
Aris

Post by Aris »

I just tried also on my Windows 7 32 bit laptop but the problem is the same.

Will be fixed on next build.

SBQ wrote:...

Hello,
well i did check my customization palette and i find no Application button there. I remember that this button was normally visible but there is no such button now, anywhere. I would like to have my Application button in Tabs ribbon again. But now it is impossible to set it up on same place again. In CTR i didn t move with anything (i think). I have those settings:
- Firefox titlebar (about: config): NOT CHECKED *
- Application button: Button on (Firefox) titlebar
(*) when i CHECK the "Firefox titlebar" checkbox i will get Application button but on different place - it automatically disables Header ribbon (Firefox titlebar (about: config) is automaticaly CHECKED). I use Header ribbon because i use XP in combination with Actual Window Manager for additonal Windows buttons.
So something went wrong here. Can you put an eye on it on fix it, please?
Thanks
S

I hope this screenshot can explain things.
1. Appbutton on titlebar (only, if Firefox titlebar is visible)
2. Appbutton on toolbar (at nav-bars start in this case)
2. Appbutton on toolbar (moved to tab toolbars start in this case)

SBQ

Post by SBQ »

I hope this screenshot can explain things.
1. Appbutton on titlebar (only, if Firefox titlebar is visible)
2. Appbutton on toolbar (at nav-bars start in this case)
2. Appbutton on toolbar (moved to tab toolbars start in this case)

Hi,

so i finally managed to restore it. Thanks. I missed the option to move the Application button from Navigation bar to Panel bar. So it is fixed now.
And one more note.. i keep the option "Firefox titlebar (about: config)" : NOT CHECKED because Application bar has some more pixels in vertical size (it is thicker) what is better for appearance and also for AWM buttons.
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

I don't suppose we could make a "Special Tweaks" option for the Home button to open the homepage in a new tab. :3
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
Aris

Post by Aris »

PimpUigi wrote:I don't suppose we could make a "Special Tweaks" option for the Home button to open the homepage in a new tab. :3

Why not just use middle click on home button? Opens about:home in a new tab without issues.
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

My laptops don't have a middle click.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

PimpUigi wrote:My laptops don't have a middle click.

Mine does .. lower left corner of the touchpad. I'm on Dell laptops and that setting is the same on all and I think it was on by default. Check your touchpad settings in Windows.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Would Ctrl-click not do the job?
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

Unfortunately, mine is not a Dell and so doesn't have that setting.
Ah Ctrl+Click. I didn't know about that.
grbradt

Post by grbradt »

Hi,
Thanks Aris for your fine work here. I am using Win 7 x64, Aurora 32.0a2, 1.2.1beta4, tabs on top. I have a couple of issues,
Tab close on all tabs does not work, tab close only appears on active tab. This goes back several versions, but at one point it was working.
Artifacts appearing in the URL bar, typically under a favicon but in other spots as well. I attached a screenshot.

George