[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
rgh43

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by rgh43 »

Classic theme restorer Back/Forward buttons don’t align left larger & higher than right arrow?
rgh43

Post by rgh43 »

Never mind I just figured out a way.
Truant_Luce

Post by Truant_Luce »

Hi. I use your addon in a number of ways, but switching from version 1.1.9 to 1.2.0 seemed to have caused my firefox to hang and no longer load on start up. I have tried removing other addons, and I have come to find that this is the addon causing my firefox not to start. I'm not sure if it's specific to me, at all. I have tried the beta builds for 1.2.1, but, they don't work either. What can I do to help get this solved? I don't want to stick to 1.1.9 forever, and I doubt I'm the only one this might happen to... Thanks for your help.
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

Aris wrote:
Melchior82 wrote:...

First for reference:
----------------------
Laptop (win7-Ultimate)(64bit) has FF30 installed and testing CTR installed along side all other extension I am using

Desktop (WinXP)(32bit) has FF28 (and I am keeping it FF28 PROBABLY for the REST OF ETERNITY ](*,) 8-[ [-o< )

here is the list of all FF extensions I have always enabled, this is the list as it appears on my Laptop using [FF-v30]:

no... not that I can see....
to test this out I created a clean/new Temp 'TestProfile'
installed Classic Theme Restorer... and tweaked a bit to get it where I wanted it to be....
with no other FF Extensions installed ... I did not see any graphical corruption..

so next I disabled CTRestorer, and installed Tabbed Mix Plus (My Favorite ext. ^_^) and imported my custom config (TMP allows a person to backup and restore all settings via a single config text file.

next I restarted enabling CTRestorer as well...
No obvious gfx-glitches at 1st look...
the only visible glitch is that the tab coloring,
I have 'Tabbed Mix Plus' setup to color my Tabs
(Active is Blue ^_^, New/un-viewed are Orange, and other tabs are default color)

however TMPlus is coloring only the new tab-layout of the new UI tab layout for the new UI and not the square classic format.... O_o...
but other is not choking up and causing those graphical glitches as I showed in the submitted screen shots..

I re added the theme I like (ie currently active one)
Three Wolf Moon Shirt
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... oon-shirt/

so far so good....

I do recall some one mentioning some where deleting the 'localstore.rdf' to remove old UI stuff that could cause problems with the new UI... so I will try deleting that file next...
- copied my main FF profile..
- loads to verify gfx glitch present (still there)
- shuts down FF
- deleted "localstore.rdf"
- loads FF again

messes up UI placement but gfx glitch is still present... (misplacement of UI items was re-do-able, mostly? probably? not sure what else it may have futzed
NOTE difference in file sizes
old - 67.2 KB (68,855 bytes)
new - 7.57 KB (7,752 bytes)

copies old 'localstore.rdf' file back over... for good measure... for now anyhow...

so is it safe to delete the 'localstore.rdf'? will it not futz other settings up.... I guess what i am trying to is I am not fully aware of what exactly the this file is and does....

It is safe to delete 'localstore.rdf', but you will have to reconfigure all toolbar settings.

So it works fine for you except for the active tab glitch, because you are using TMP color settings to colorize it?
Can you tell me why not to use CTRs color settings instead?

I found while checking out why the color wasn't showing on my FF-v30 (on laptop main Profile) and only the glitch.....

that is I checked Tab Mic Plus color settings.... it was not selected O_o not sure why..

so I turned it on the bad glitch seemed to disappear.... replaced with the some what color out of place tabs...

long story short TMP needs to be updated for FF-v29+

I have used TMP for a longtime and don't feel like monkeying with things too much... x(
Last edited by Melchior82 on June 16th, 2014, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

If this has already been mentioned a link would be fine. When I place the appmenu on the navigation bar, clicking on the appmenu button sometimes results in the menu moving up a little when it displays. This happens most of the time but sometimes it doesn't do this jump. Checking 'Small buttons on navigation bars' doesn't have this jump, however I don't like the blue frame it uses. I like the gray frame.

Any help on stopping this jump would be appreciated.

GREAT ADD-ON!
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
petrozzz

Post by petrozzz »

Hi, the "join stop and reload buttons" wont work anymore. It did until a few days ago, then something happened and I lost the majority of my configuration. I could manually restore everything but not that option!! Any help?
3char

Post by 3char »

When it comes to displaying ICON ONLY, TEXT+ICON, or TEXT ONLY, on varying objects,
is it be possible to permit a mix of settings?

Primarily I would like to have TEXT ONLY on my bookmark toolbar as it's compact and abbreviated.
But would like to keep ICON ONLY on other things like BACK, FORWARD, RELOAD, DOWNLOADS, SETTINGS, etc.

I used to run bookmark-deiconizer, but it no longer works in the later versions of FF.
Or when it does, they would reappear when you created a new window.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Hal1900

Post by Hal1900 »

I've moved my review over here, as it contained a bug report.

Environment:
Ubuntu 12.04
Firefox 30.0

As stated, I couldn't get CTR 1.2.0 to work properly, so I removed it and installed 1.1.9, which works fine. I hope you will be able to get to the bottom of the issue for the next release.

In the meantime, I've encountered a different problem. Could you tell me how to prevent the absolutely essential toolbar buttons, Full Screen and Tab Groups, being hidden in a menu? This makes CTR unusable for me. See the following screenshot:

I'd really appreciate any help with this.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Please refer to my previous reviews, where I have already raved about this excellent addon. However, as the other reviewer has reported, with the latest version (which I installed today) it's impossible to move any icons. Please see the following video that demonstrates the problem.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/143 ... TR-bug.ogv

Btw, I made a feature request in my other review, that was not answered. Is it possible to add the ability to reorder toolbars?

Thank you for your hard work, and I look forward to a response.

Best wishes!

EDIT:

I removed 1.2.0 and reinstalled 1.1.9, and it works fine.
Last edited by James on June 15th, 2014, 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: The image was way to wide for img tags at 1,877px so made it as a large thumbnail link to fullsize.
younkint

Post by younkint »

I am one of the folks having the issue of not being able to "customize" any icons on the toolbar. I cannot move, add, or replace any icons; none of them will even "stick." That is, when any are dragged to or from the toolbar, all icons immediately go back to where they were. This is with Mac OS X Mavericks (everything up to date).

I decided to test by making a new, clean, test profile. Using a list of extensions from the problem profile, I installed these one at a time, testing between individual installations. I was able to install all but two (evidently outdated) extensions. No problems were encountered other than the Readability (readability.com) extension persistently installing its icons on the toolbar after every restart, even when previously removed. I'm not worried about the Readability issue.

As I was using Terminal to open the FF Profile Manager, I had Terminal open. After going back to my original problem profile and trying once again to move icons (no luck), I happened to notice that an error message was being logged in Terminal which seems to be addressing the icon customization issue. This message only showed up in Terminal once I opened the problem profile and attempted to customize icons by moving them. I will paste below what was in Terminal:

*** start of paste ***

A coding exception was thrown and uncaught in a Task.

Full message: TypeError: aTarget is null
Full stack: CustomizeMode.prototype._addDragHandlers@resource://app/modules/CustomizeMode.jsm:932:5
CustomizeMode.prototype._wrapToolbarItems/<@resource://app/modules/CustomizeMode.jsm:920:9
TaskImpl_run@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:298:1
Handler.prototype.process@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:707:11
this.PromiseWalker.walkerLoop@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:586:7

*** end of paste ***

Perhaps this error message will throw some light on the "icon customization" problem that seems to be plaguing some CTR users running Mac OS X (Mavericks). As the message is pretty much Greek to me, I have no clue as to what it's saying. I'm sure there are those here that can interpret it. Perhaps it is not of any value, perhaps it is.

In any event, I am probably going to do a "reset" on my original problem profile to see whether I can clear out any trash that might be causing the customization issue. I will be busy for a little while today, but hope to do this later today. I will also try the reset on my wife's Mac, as she is having exactly the same problems I am having with my original profile. Whatever the results of the reset, I will come back here and post what I find.
- Terry
KriLL3.2

Post by KriLL3.2 »

If it hasn't been said already: icon options for the icon only application button mode, specifically normal firefox logo, aurora, nightly etc.
elmdor043

Post by elmdor043 »

@Aris Sorry I didn't log back in to confirm whether the last beta caused the tab problem, but the latest fixed it so cheers and keep up the amazing work.
younkint

Post by younkint »

Said I'd be back to report on whether a "reset profile" fixed the issues I was having with icons not able to be dragged to or from the toolbars. Well, I did the reset. Installed all my favorite extensions, testing after each installation.

Happy to report that all is well. My FF installation now looks as a proper browser should. No issues at all. Same situation on my wife's Mac Mini FF. She hasn't seen it yet, but she'll be pleased.
- Terry
juanj78

Post by juanj78 »

Hi Aris, Inverted icons, result in corrupted icons on macbook pro retina 15" late 2013
pegasusjavea

Post by pegasusjavea »

Aris wrote:
dec7m2 wrote:How do i reduce the size of that gap?
http://i.imgur.com/AUJgM3u.jpg

A new Stylish user style with this code will to the job:

Code: Select all

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #navigator-toolbox {
   margin-top:-4px !important;
}

When I used this code in userChrome the small blank space above the tab was lost. I would also like to remove the gap at the left of the first tab.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2v31y7p.jpg

Thank you for increasing the width of the CTR prefwindow. I can now use 18dpi font without needing Jack Black's code!
Aris

Post by Aris »

grbradt wrote:Hi,
Thanks Aris for your fine work here. I am using Win 7 x64, Aurora 32.0a2, 1.2.1beta4, tabs on top. I have a couple of issues,
Tab close on all tabs does not work, tab close only appears on active tab. This goes back several versions, but at one point it was working.
Artifacts appearing in the URL bar, typically under a favicon but in other spots as well. I attached a screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/xuqWYhn.png

George

If you are using the default "tab close on all tabs", then Firefox only adds the close button to the first 6 or 7 tabs. Use the second one in 1.2.1 beta4 to get the close button on all tabs ->"tab close on all tabs (forced)".

The artifacts are probably showing issues with hardware acceleration and/or graphics drivers. Nothing I can take care of.
Try to enable/disable hardware acceleration and restart. Also make sure to use the latest graphics drivers and also try beta drivers.

Truant_Luce wrote:Hi. I use your addon in a number of ways, but switching from version 1.1.9 to 1.2.0 seemed to have caused my firefox to hang and no longer load on start up. I have tried removing other addons, and I have come to find that this is the addon causing my firefox not to start. I'm not sure if it's specific to me, at all. I have tried the beta builds for 1.2.1, but, they don't work either. What can I do to help get this solved? I don't want to stick to 1.1.9 forever, and I doubt I'm the only one this might happen to... Thanks for your help.

Probably your profile got corrupted somehow and you need to create a new one.
Have you disabled all other add-ons or only some?
Try to disable all "special tweaks" CTR provides.
Did you setup a new one when you first installed Fx29 back then?

streetwolf wrote:If this has already been mentioned a link would be fine. When I place the appmenu on the navigation bar, clicking on the appmenu button sometimes results in the menu moving up a little when it displays. This happens most of the time but sometimes it doesn't do this jump. Checking 'Small buttons on navigation bars' doesn't have this jump, however I don't like the blue frame it uses. I like the gray frame.

Any help on stopping this jump would be appreciated.

GREAT ADD-ON!

Next beta will take care of this menu jumping.

petrozzz wrote:Hi, the "join stop and reload buttons" wont work anymore. It did until a few days ago, then something happened and I lost the majority of my configuration. I could manually restore everything but not that option!! Any help?

While in customizing mode move stop button to your favorite toolbar and move reload button right next to it. Make sure you have checked the option "combine stop&reload buttons" on CTR prefwindow.

CTR got updated with new buttons/toolbar ids causing a toolbar configuration reset (see 1.2.0 changelog for more details.)

3char wrote:When it comes to displaying ICON ONLY, TEXT+ICON, or TEXT ONLY, on varying objects,
is it be possible to permit a mix of settings?

Primarily I would like to have TEXT ONLY on my bookmark toolbar as it's compact and abbreviated.
But would like to keep ICON ONLY on other things like BACK, FORWARD, RELOAD, DOWNLOADS, SETTINGS, etc.

I used to run bookmark-deiconizer, but it no longer works in the later versions of FF.
Or when it does, they would reappear when you created a new window.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

The modes you are referring to try to replicate the previous behavior of Firefox, but if you like to have text only mode just for bookmarks toolbar, I can offer you this css code:

#PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(.tabs-newtab-button):not(.tab-close-button) .toolbarbutton-text   {
     display: -moz-box !important;
   }
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(.tabs-newtab-button):not(.tab-close-button) .toolbarbutton-text {
      border: 1px solid transparent;
    }
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(.tabs-newtab-button):not(.tab-close-button):not([type="menu-button"]) {
     -moz-box-orient: vertical !important;
   }
   #PersonalToolbar toolbarbutton:not(.tabs-newtab-button):not(.tab-close-button):not(#tabs-closebutton):not(#ctraddon_tabs-closebutton) .toolbarbutton-icon {
     visibility: collapse !important;
   }

#PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not([type="menu-button"]),
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1 > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-button,
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1 > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any([type="menu-button"],#back-button,#forward-button)),
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1 > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-button,
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1 > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
   #PersonalToolbar #restore-button,
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any([type="menu-button"],[disabled],[open],#back-button,#forward-button)):hover,
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([disabled],[open])):hover > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-button,
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([disabled],[open])):hover > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbaritem-combined-buttons:hover > .toolbarbutton-combined,
   #PersonalToolbar #restore-button:not([disabled]):hover,
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any([type="menu-button"],[disabled],[open],#back-button,#forward-button)):hover,
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([disabled],[open]))[buttonover] > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-button,
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([disabled],[open],[buttonover])):hover > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
   #PersonalToolbar #restore-button:not([disabled]):hover,
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any([type="menu-button"],[disabled],#back-button,#forward-button)):-moz-any(:hover:active,[open]),
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([disabled],[open]))[buttonover]:active > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-button,
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not(:-moz-any([disabled],[open],[buttonover])):hover:active > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
   #PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"][open] > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
   #PersonalToolbar #restore-button:not([disabled]):hover:active {
     -moz-appearance: none !important;
     border: 1px solid transparent !important;
     background: none !important;
     border-color: none !important;
     box-shadow: none !important;
     transition-duration: 0ms !important;
     transition-property: none !important;
     padding:0 !important;
   }

#PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(.tabs-newtab-button):not(.tab-close-button):not([disabled]) .toolbarbutton-text {
     border: 1px solid transparent;
   }

#PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(.tabs-newtab-button):not(.tab-close-button):not([disabled]):hover .toolbarbutton-text {
     border: 1px solid;
     background-image: linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,100%,.6), hsla(0,0%,100%,.1));
     border-color: hsla(210,54%,20%,.15) hsla(210,54%,20%,.2) hsla(210,54%,20%,.25) !important;
     box-shadow: 0 1px hsla(0,0%,100%,.3) inset,
              0 1px hsla(210,54%,20%,.03),
              0 0 2px hsla(210,54%,20%,.1);
   }

Hal1900 wrote:I've moved my review over here, as it contained a bug report.

Environment:
Ubuntu 12.04
Firefox 30.0

1. As stated, I couldn't get CTR 1.2.0 to work properly, so I removed it and installed 1.1.9, which works fine. I hope you will be able to get to the bottom of the issue for the next release.

2. In the meantime, I've encountered a different problem. Could you tell me how to prevent the absolutely essential toolbar buttons, Full Screen and Tab Groups, being hidden in a menu? This makes CTR unusable for me. See the following screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/SZNZZ0ol.png

I'd really appreciate any help with this.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Please refer to my previous reviews, where I have already raved about this excellent addon. However, as the other reviewer has reported, with the latest version (which I installed today) it's impossible to move any icons. Please see the following video that demonstrates the problem.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/143 ... TR-bug.ogv

Btw, I made a feature request in my other review, that was not answered. Is it possible to add the ability to reorder toolbars?

Thank you for your hard work, and I look forward to a response.

Best wishes!

EDIT:

I removed 1.2.0 and reinstalled 1.1.9, and it works fine.

1. Disable the option "tabs toolbar: double click opens a new tab". It is currently breaking button moving in customizing mode on Ubuntu.

2. Could you tell me which buttons are inside chevron menu?
Does this still happen on CTR 1.2.0/1.2.1beta? (1.2.0+ should work fine after you disable the option mentioned in (1.))

KriLL3.2 wrote:If it hasn't been said already: icon options for the icon only application button mode, specifically normal firefox logo, aurora, nightly etc.

Sorry, but what is the question? More icons for icon only mode? Currently no other appmenu icon settings are planned.

younkint wrote:Said I'd be back to report on whether a "reset profile" fixed the issues I was having with icons not able to be dragged to or from the toolbars. Well, I did the reset. Installed all my favorite extensions, testing after each installation.

Happy to report that all is well. My FF installation now looks as a proper browser should. No issues at all. Same situation on my wife's Mac Mini FF. She hasn't seen it yet, but she'll be pleased.

Good to hear. Sorry for all the trouble.

juanj78 wrote:Hi Aris, Inverted icons, result in corrupted icons on macbook pro retina 15" late 2013

Next beta will try to fix this, but feedback is needed, because I'm running OSX in a VM environment without Retina emulation ;-)

pegasusjavea wrote:
Aris wrote:
dec7m2 wrote:How do i reduce the size of that gap?
http://i.imgur.com/AUJgM3u.jpg

A new Stylish user style with this code will to the job:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #navigator-toolbox {
   margin-top:-4px !important;
}

When I used this code in userChrome the small blank space above the tab was lost. I would also like to remove the gap at the left of the first tab.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2v31y7p.jpg

Thank you for increasing the width of the CTR prefwindow. I can now use 18dpi font without needing Jack Black's code!

You used 'tabs not on top' in your previous screenshot, right?

This code reduces the gap by using it in Stylish, not in userChrome.css.
userChrome.css is too weak to override most of CTRs css.

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"]:not([tabsontop="false"]) #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar {
  -moz-padding-start: 0px !important;
}