The Official Win32 20050404 [Trunk] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Hammer 2.0

Post by Hammer 2.0 »

chob wrote:How about the tick box reading "Allow selected websites to install software" or something?

How about inverting the function and using the text: "Prevent web sites from installing software"?

(making its function analogue to the popup blocker)
ColdFusion650

Post by ColdFusion650 »

i like it the way it is. not confusing in the least.
chob

Post by chob »

Hammer 2.0 wrote:
chob wrote:How about the tick box reading "Allow selected websites to install software" or something?

How about inverting the function and using the text: "Prevent web sites from installing software"?

(making its function analogue to the popup blocker)
Because then if it's unticked it suggests that it's 'not preventing web sites from installing software'.
Hammer 2.0

Post by Hammer 2.0 »

chob wrote:Because then if it's unticked it suggests that it's 'not preventing web sites from installing software'.

My point exactly. Invert its function (by re-programming) and change the text. If the box is unticked, all sites are allowed to install software and the button is grey.
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

chob wrote:
Hammer 2.0 wrote:Tools / Options / Content doesn't make sense to me; there is a tic box "Allow web sites to install software" and then there's a button "Allowed sites". Think about it, doesn't make sense, does it?
If the box is checked, any web site is allowed to install software. If the box is unchecked, the button is grey (unavailable).
Yes that does seem a bit silly.

How about the tick box reading "Allow selected websites to install software" or something?

I agree with that!
ColdFusion650

Post by ColdFusion650 »

Hammer 2.0 wrote:If the box is unticked, all sites are allowed to install software and the button is grey.

why would u want all sites to be able to install software? thats the root of the ie spyware problem.
chob

Post by chob »

Hammer 2.0 wrote:
chob wrote:Because then if it's unticked it suggests that it's 'not preventing web sites from installing software'.

My point exactly. Invert its function (by re-programming) and change the text. If the box is unticked, all sites are allowed to install software and the button is grey.
No one wants a browser that lets all sites install software. That's the point of the options: to either disallow all sites from installing software, or having a whitelist of sites that the user has specifically given the thumbs up to.
Hammer 2.0

Post by Hammer 2.0 »

No, you got me wrong guys, my suggestion is to make the function analogue to the popup blocker;
Tic box: "Prevent web sites from installing software"
Button: "Allowed sites" (grey if tic box unchecked)
BoxerBoi76

Print Preview Crashes FF

Post by BoxerBoi76 »

Print preview crashes FF.

BUILD: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050403 Firefox/1.0+

DEFAULT Theme; NEW Profile; NO Extensions;

BoxerBoi76
Robert S.

Re: Print Preview Crashes FF

Post by Robert S. »

BoxerBoi76 wrote:Print preview crashes FF.

BUILD: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050403 Firefox/1.0+

DEFAULT Theme; NEW Profile; NO Extensions;

BoxerBoi76

Do you have a talkback and were you just viewing about:blank or a page?

Cusser - I was just being careful in case I had offended you... I have always appreciated your comments in the forums. With my being a tad annoyed over the content I was referring to I could have easily been out of line and wanted to apologize in case I had been.
sysKin

Post by sysKin »

Beast crashes for me whenever it finishes downloading a file. I only got one talkback - TB4822301E - but I can make more if talkback.exe won't crash too often.
Can someone confirm?
BenneJezzerette

Post by BenneJezzerette »

And I thought Windows users were so much nicer, NOT!

That is the main reason Imoved away from Windows, the attitude.

Now on the print preview. Is that a Windows only issue? checks and sees.

Must be I just checked and it seems to work on Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050403 Firefox/1.0+ using CUPS = Commun Unix Printing System. I think that is a regression too?? Peter?? Do you remember the bug from like Jan 1 or 2 time? Maybe Dec 21 or soemthing like that. I seem to recall you posting something about it when the Print issue for the Win 32 Installer could not print too. Has to push hard on the memory for that one. Somewhere I think it's on the 21st of Dec 2004. Or very near there.
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Forum Rules
Please keep your signature to no more than three lines. We know this depends on the size of someone's monitor, so if it's more than three lines on kerz's monitor, it'll get removed :).
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Ria

Post by Ria »

Asa Dotzler - April 2, 2005 wrote:
Firefox 1.0.3 testing candidates
We're working on another Firefox 1.0 update and could use some help in testing these bits.
The first thing that we've fixed that we need your help testing is the Windows "Add or Remove Programs" bug that caused a doubling up of uninstall entries.

Did not succeed to install it: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/tamarix/QFA.jpg
BenneJezzerette

Post by BenneJezzerette »

malliz wrote:Forum Rules
Please keep your signature to no more than three lines. We know this depends on the size of someone's monitor, so if it's more than three lines on kerz's monitor, it'll get removed :).

Gee and it's been 4 lines fromthe day I started and now with all this flack on my changing to Linux I am getting even more for something that has been thta way from the day I began?? Well I will fix it. One note, I have a whole 15" display and under linux I have 1400x1050 Full color display. Yes my text is tiny but that is because I am not yet blind. Willfix the 4 lines and fit it in 3. Just for the Hard of Sight.

As you can see, it's now 3
Last edited by BenneJezzerette on April 3rd, 2005, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk