Display issue

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jsal0318

Display issue

Post by jsal0318 »

Hi, Since Firefox has upgraded to ff 29 and then 30 I am having an issue. Since these new versions no longer carry the add-on bar I have to use an extension to get it back. I have tried 3 different ones with the same result. When I click on a website it shows everything on the add-on bar correctly. When I click on a link from within a page I am on it only shows half of the add-on bar until I hit the maximum icon on the upper righthand part of the window. When I do that they display normally. It only happens when i click a link from within a page already opened.

What could coz this and how do I fix thiis, plz?

thx
jsal0318

Re: Display issue

Post by jsal0318 »

bump
Trippynet

Post by Trippynet »

Which add-ons are you using? Are you also using Classic Theme Restorer? This adds the bar back as well so might be conflicting.
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

Here are my add-ons:

Trippynet

Post by Trippynet »

I see that you're using CTR to restore the add-on bar. Have you tried a clean profile with it? Instructions are here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... erestorer/

It's also worth disabling "Tabs on Bottom" as Classic Theme Restorer has this option built in. In my experience, Firefox 29+'s UI can get a bit flaky if some of the add-ons conflict with each other.
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

Trippynet wrote:I see that you're using CTR to restore the add-on bar. Have you tried a clean profile with it? Instructions are here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... erestorer/

It's also worth disabling "Tabs on Bottom" as Classic Theme Restorer has this option built in. In my experience, Firefox 29+'s UI can get a bit flaky if some of the add-ons conflict with each other.

Trippynet,

Thanks for telling me about CTR and its ability of having the option of tabs on bottom. I removed that extension and changed it on CTR so tabs are on bottom. That fixed my issue with add-on bar only showing 1/2 of its appearance too.

Now, if you or someone else can tell me why mouse pointer spins in circles and says firefox is not responding. It will circle for about 20 to 30 secs ending either on its own or by me going in task manager and ending the process. I have tried disabling all extension and adding one back at a time buthat did not help. Tried creating a new profile which helped for about 2 days and then started happening again.

I sure hope someone can help me with this issue.

thx
Trippynet

Post by Trippynet »

First thing to try is to actually launch Firefox in Safe Mode and see if it still happens. If it does, what web pages do you have open? Does it do it with no pages open?

Next time it freezes, leave it for a good minute or two. If a rather heavy-handed script is running on one of the pages and causing the browser to freeze, Firefox will detect this after 30 seconds or so and will tell you what page it is on and will give you the option to halt the script (which makes the browser responsive again).
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Since creating a new profile helped i would look at that. On your keyboard, type alt, T and click on Add-ons, extensions. Look for anything that is called a toolbar. If you find something lets us know, .

Ignore Trippynet,
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

Trippynet wrote:First thing to try is to actually launch Firefox in Safe Mode and see if it still happens. If it does, what web pages do you have open? Does it do it with no pages open?

Next time it freezes, leave it for a good minute or two. If a rather heavy-handed script is running on one of the pages and causing the browser to freeze, Firefox will detect this after 30 seconds or so and will tell you what page it is on and will give you the option to halt the script (which makes the browser responsive again).

Trippynet, yes, I will get that message to on occasions too which is aggravating. It seems to have something to do with flash player but I am not positive.

thx
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

LoudNoise wrote:Since creating a new profile helped i would look at that. On your keyboard, type alt, T and click on Add-ons, extensions. Look for anything that is called a toolbar. If you find something lets us know, .

Ignore Trippynet,

Why would i ignore trippynet when this person helps me? Makes no sense.
Trippynet

Post by Trippynet »

jsal0318 wrote:Why would i ignore trippynet when this person helps me? Makes no sense.

The guy has a personal issue with me that I won't go into here.

Anyway, back to your problem, Flash can be a right pain for slowdowns etc. Making sure it's updated to the latest version is recommended. Personally I also use an extension called FlashBlock. This prevents Flash from automatically starting on pages (ie for adverts), however click once on the icon and Flash is allowed to run. I find it makes the browser a lot more responsive whilst still allowing me to use Flash where I need it.

Out of interest, how many tabs do you usually have open when running into this? I often have a good 20+ open without any real problems.
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

Usually, no more than 10 at one time. I will try flashblock. Thx trippynet.