[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: Appearance of Text on Tabs

Post by Aris »

pegasusjavea wrote:...

I usually have it this way:
http://i57.tinypic.com/2mx1pxy.jpg

Using Stylish for the code you provided for dec7m2 to reduce the bottom space and the code you provided for me to reduce the gap :
http://i59.tinypic.com/24bmahe.jpg

The spaces below and to the right of the Firefox button are much smaller. Is it posible to reduce them even more?

To reduce the space between appbutton and tabs in maximized mode, use this:

Code: Select all

#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"]:not([tabsontop="false"]) #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar {
  -moz-padding-start: 0px !important;
  -moz-margin-start: 95px !important;
}

Adjust values more, if needed.

D3DAiM wrote:bug report: Classic Theme Restorer + Tab Mix Plus + Pinned tabs result in bloated favicons

All three must be activated at a single time. No other findings to report yet.
Thanks for an excellent add-on!

No idea why TMP stretches pinned tabs for CTRs "curved tabs (alt Aero)" option, but I can only adjust the icons, not the pinned tab width for that case.

Purebeads wrote:When I first installed CTR in FF 29, the text on all the tabs looked the same (black on a light background). Now (since upgrading to FF 30) all tabs except the current tab have white text with a shadow background. How do I get the same black text on all the tabs?

Is it possible you enabled CTRs tab color/font settings by mistake or are using the "Mok color" options?
Either uncheck all unwanted settings manually or install latest CTR beta build and hit "Settings -> Restore defaults" on CTR prefwindow.
JimInSanDiego

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by JimInSanDiego »

Thanks for all your work on this add-on. The ability to customize Firefox, especially adding back the status bar and the ability to pretty up the tab bar is great. :D

I am still trying to figure out how well CTR plays with TabMixPlus and ColorfulTabs. I actually like the new curved tabs in FF 30 but cannot seem to get them to display with the combination of extensions I have installed. I cannot figure out which extension take priority.

One request which may not be possible :?: : there are several buttons which I would like displayed on both the Tool Bar and Status Bar but once I add a button to one bar, it is no longer available for the other bar. Is there any way to add a feature to put buttons on multiple bars?
late 2014 27" iMac 3.5GHz i7 24 GB RAM, 3T Fusion Drive w/ El Capitan OS X 10.11.3b Yosemite 10.10.5
mid 2012 13" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz i5 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, El Capitan OS X 10.11.2
iPad Air 64 GB, iOS 9.2b
Aris

Post by Aris »

TabMixPlus and ColorfulTabs can not colorize CTRs tabs. That for CTR offers own color settings for squared and curved tabs.

All buttons are unique in the ui and can only be placed on one ui position at a time. So it is not possible to have the same button on two positions.
pegasusjavea

Re: Appearance of Text on Tabs

Post by pegasusjavea »

Aris wrote:
pegasusjavea wrote:...

I usually have it this way:
http://i57.tinypic.com/2mx1pxy.jpg

Using Stylish for the code you provided for dec7m2 to reduce the bottom space and the code you provided for me to reduce the gap :
http://i59.tinypic.com/24bmahe.jpg

The spaces below and to the right of the Firefox button are much smaller. Is it posible to reduce them even more?

To reduce the space between appbutton and tabs in maximized mode, use this:

Code: Select all

#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"]:not([tabsontop="false"]) #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar {
  -moz-padding-start: 0px !important;
  -moz-margin-start: 95px !important;
}

Adjust values more, if needed.

The spaces are even better now. I am using your values:
http://i57.tinypic.com/14l7fp3.jpg

Thank you very much indeed for all your work on CTR
JimInSanDiego

Post by JimInSanDiego »

Hi Aris,

Thanks for your quick response below. Right now I like the ColorfulTabs feature of colors by domain so I will use your square tabs with their colors.

BTW: I have tried to send you a donation via PayPal but have been unsuccessful. In fact, I have not been able to get PayPal to work for over a year. I keep getting some cryptic error message about my credit card not being compatible but the card works every where else I try it. I used it today with no problems. PayPal has been no help in debugging the problem. Is there an alternate way I can send you a donation?
late 2014 27" iMac 3.5GHz i7 24 GB RAM, 3T Fusion Drive w/ El Capitan OS X 10.11.3b Yosemite 10.10.5
mid 2012 13" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz i5 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, El Capitan OS X 10.11.2
iPad Air 64 GB, iOS 9.2b
JethroB

Post by JethroB »

Hi Aris

I haven't noticed that anyone else had posted the following problem (but that's not to say that it hasn't and I may have missed it). I'm having a problem with the "Replace generic favicon (empty and dotted) with sheet favicon" option on the Special Tab --> General UI Tab of the Classic Theme Restorer options.

If I tick the option box, not only does it replace generic favicon (empty and dotted) with sheet favicon but it also replaces the icon for the "Home" button with the sheet favicon too. Image

I'm running the latest Nightly 33.0a1 (20140619030203) with CTR Version 1.2.1beta9 and CTB Version 1.4.1beta4 as well as the latest TMP Dev-Build Version 0.4.1.4pre.140613a1 and Colorful Tabs Version 24.3 on a fully updated Windows 7 PC.
Firefox: Latest Nightly (Australis)...|...Firefox Theme: Latest Default
Tab Mix Plus: Latest Dev.Build......|...Classic Theme Restorer: Latest Dev.Build
Dragolord09

Post by Dragolord09 »

I don't know if you've already answered this or not, but is it only the square tabs classic and australized settings that don't have empty spaces at either end of the tab bar or not? I'm running Tabs Mix Plus along with your own addon so that might be where the problem lies...
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

A quick check would be to disable TMP and restart Firefox and see how it looks.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

Tab Utilities' "Protect Tab" icon no longer appears in the latest beta.
/bw (Author of Reload Plus)
Hal1900

Post by Hal1900 »

Some of my toolbar buttons are being hidden again...

Does anyone know what is causing this? If more toolbar space is needed, I'd be happy if the address bar wasn't so wide to make space.

Thanks in advance
Aris

Post by Aris »

JimInSanDiego wrote:Hi Aris,

Thanks for your quick response below. Right now I like the ColorfulTabs feature of colors by domain so I will use your square tabs with their colors.

BTW: I have tried to send you a donation via PayPal but have been unsuccessful. In fact, I have not been able to get PayPal to work for over a year. I keep getting some cryptic error message about my credit card not being compatible but the card works every where else I try it. I used it today with no problems. PayPal has been no help in debugging the problem. Is there an alternate way I can send you a donation?

Is there something better than Paypal out there? Amazon payments (sending money between users) is not available in Germany and there is only one similar working service, Skrill, but I don't have an account there yet.

JethroB wrote:Hi Aris

I haven't noticed that anyone else had posted the following problem (but that's not to say that it hasn't and I may have missed it). I'm having a problem with the "Replace generic favicon (empty and dotted) with sheet favicon" option on the Special Tab --> General UI Tab of the Classic Theme Restorer options.

If I tick the option box, not only does it replace generic favicon (empty and dotted) with sheet favicon but it also replaces the icon for the "Home" button with the sheet favicon too. Image

I'm running the latest Nightly 33.0a1 (20140619030203) with CTR Version 1.2.1beta9 and CTB Version 1.4.1beta4 as well as the latest TMP Dev-Build Version 0.4.1.4pre.140613a1 and Colorful Tabs Version 24.3 on a fully updated Windows 7 PC.

Please provide a screenshot. On which toolbar is your home button?
Anyone else with this problem? I haven't seen this in my tests.

Dragolord09 wrote:I don't know if you've already answered this or not, but is it only the square tabs classic and australized settings that don't have empty spaces at either end of the tab bar or not? I'm running Tabs Mix Plus along with your own addon so that might be where the problem lies...

I see same spaces without CTR installed when using TMP 0.4.1.4 multi-row feature.

blackwind wrote:Tab Utilities' "Protect Tab" icon no longer appears in the latest beta.

TUs padlock appears for me where it should in Fx31/33.
TU 1.5.28.1 + latest CTR beta.
Is it possible your are using the "White color for tab buttons..." option. I could only reproduce this glitch with it enabled.

Hal1900 wrote:Some of my toolbar buttons are being hidden again...

http://i.imgur.com/FHWLhPY.png
http://i.imgur.com/Kdx7QES.png

Does anyone know what is causing this? If more toolbar space is needed, I'd be happy if the address bar wasn't so wide to make space.

Thanks in advance

No idea, I haven't changed anything on Linux toolbars in last few betas.

Try to hit "reset defaults" in customizing mode again.
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

Ah, figured it out -- this is in Fx31 where the tab close buttons have been removed, and I'm using "Tab Close: nowhere" in CTR. Currently, none of these options does what I want (hide all close buttons, but allow Tab Utilities to override them).
/bw (Author of Reload Plus)
Aris

Post by Aris »

Next build will keep padlock icon for TUs pretected tabs, while "tab close" option is set to "nowhere".
Hal1900

Post by Hal1900 »

Aris wrote:
Hal1900 wrote:Some of my toolbar buttons are being hidden again...

http://i.imgur.com/FHWLhPY.png
http://i.imgur.com/Kdx7QES.png

Thanks in advance

No idea, I haven't changed anything on Linux toolbars in last few betas.

Try to hit "reset defaults" in customizing mode again.

Thanks for your response, Aris. I'd really rather not reset as the first troubleshooting step, though, if I can help it. I'd rather try to work out the actual root cause.

Can you tell me, is this chevron'ed button part of Firefox or part of CTR?
Also, do you have any idea how I can control the size of the address/url field (ie set it to a specific smaller width)?

Thanks
Aris

Post by Aris »

The chevron it a Firefox feature.

To control the urlbar and search bar size you have to remove all buttons between urlbar and search bar. Then you are able to grab the space between them to resize them. Maybe this also causes the glitch for you.