[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Melchior82

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by Melchior82 »

Aris wrote:
Melchior82 wrote:if I disable Tab Mix Plus's coloring of the tabs the gfx of the tabs goes back to glitchy...

if after I enable CTR's coloring of tabs its only partially NOT glitchy....

using latest version of CTR

No idea why this happens. Rendering is done by Firefox so I have no influence on that.
Do you have the latest graphics drivers installed?
Have you tried to disable "hardware acceleration"?
Is an AMD/ATI card in your system?

Hi Aris...
since I am only testing out FF30 on this old laptop given to me....

as its old yes all drivers I could find are up to date.

its a 2008 Toshiba Satellite L305...
as you can see the GPU is rather limited... and because its limited I cannot "Disable Hardware Acceleration"
X..(

and here is a CPUz report
Intel Pentium Dual-core T3200 @ 1995 MHz
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Hi Aris, when the Nav bar is completely hidden in CSS with: #nav-bar { display: none !important; } with the URL bar on the Additional Toolbar and the star in it clicking the star brings up nothing to bookmark the page, except for a few sites like https://www.google.com/. The problem is in the default theme or any other theme.

If you can reproduce it is it fixable? I have the Nav bar hidden because it's too buggy and messes up some third party themes with margins settings.
rebeltaz

Post by rebeltaz »

Aris wrote:Either disable the option "tabs toolbar: double click opens a new tab" or install latest beta.

Wow! That could not have been ay easier! lol... Thank you :)
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

blackwind wrote:Correction: Padlocks only appear on the currently selected tab in beta10.

Looks like you missed my comment on the previous page. This is still an issue in beta11.
/bw (Author of Reload Plus)
Aris

Post by Aris »

Acid Crash wrote:2 Aris.
I have a suggestion for padlock icon (in URL bar).
It looks very big compared with original icon.
Can you make icon bit smaller (maybe a set of icons with an option of selecting one of them.

An another thing. It would nice to see an solid orange Firefox button, then placed on navigation panel.

Extended padlock options were already planned, but not included in 1.2.1 release.
1.2.2beta1 will include these padlock settings: hidden, default (Fx green/gray), classic (current on in 1.2.0), modern.

Add this code to a Stylish profile to get orange appbutton color while button is on navigation toolbar:

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

@-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/browser.xul){

/* appbutton on tabs toolbar */
   #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton .toolbarbutton-icon {
     background: linear-gradient(rgb(247,182,82), rgb(215,98,10) 95%) !important;
     border-color: rgba(83,42,6,.9) !important;
     box-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,.25) inset,
              0 0 0 1px rgba(255,255,255,.25) inset !important;
   }
   #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton:hover:not(:active):not([open]) .toolbarbutton-icon{
     background-image: radial-gradient(farthest-side at center bottom, rgba(252,240,89,.5) 10%, rgba(252,240,89,0) 70%),
                  radial-gradient(farthest-side at center bottom, rgb(236,133,0), rgba(255,229,172,0)),
                  linear-gradient(rgb(246,170,69), rgb(209,74,0) 95%) !important;
     box-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,.1) inset,
              0 0 2px 1px rgba(250,234,169,.7) inset,
              0 -1px 0 rgba(250,234,169,.5) inset !important;
   }
   #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton:hover:active .toolbarbutton-icon,
   #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton[open] .toolbarbutton-icon {
     background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(246,170,69), rgb(209,74,0) 95%) !important;
     box-shadow: 0 2px 3px rgba(0,0,0,.4) inset,
              0 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0,.2) inset !important;
   }
   #main-window[privatebrowsingmode=temporary] #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton .toolbarbutton-icon{
     background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(153,38,211), rgb(105,19,163) 95%) !important;
     border-color: rgba(43,8,65,.9) !important;
   }
   #main-window[privatebrowsingmode=temporary] #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton:hover:not(:active):not([open]) .toolbarbutton-icon{
     background-image: radial-gradient(farthest-side at center bottom, rgba(240,193,255,.5) 10%, rgba(240,193,255,0) 70%),
                  radial-gradient(farthest-side at center bottom, rgb(192,81,247), rgba(236,172,255,0)),
                  linear-gradient(rgb(144,20,207), rgb(95,0,158) 95%) !important;
              0 0 2px 1px rgba(240,193,255,.7) inset,
              0 -1px 0 rgba(240,193,255,.5) inset !important;
   }
   #main-window[privatebrowsingmode=temporary] #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton:hover:active .toolbarbutton-icon,
   #main-window[privatebrowsingmode=temporary] #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton[open] .toolbarbutton-icon {
     background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(144,20,207), rgb(95,0,158) 95%) !important;
   }

}

Not sure if this will become a default CTR option someday.

Melchior82 wrote:...
Hi Aris...

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/06/21/85s.png
as you can see the GPU is rather limited... and because its limited I cannot "Disable Hardware Acceleration"
X..(

So you do not have this option?

I don't know how to help you then. Have you already tried a new profile with only CTR installed?
Does the glitch occer on all channels, release, beta, aurora and nightly?

marty60 wrote:Hi Aris, when the Nav bar is completely hidden in CSS with: #nav-bar { display: none !important; } with the URL bar on the Additional Toolbar and the star in it clicking the star brings up nothing to bookmark the page, except for a few sites like https://www.google.com/. The problem is in the default theme or any other theme.

If you can reproduce it is it fixable? I have the Nav bar hidden because it's too buggy and messes up some third party themes with margins settings.

Probably one more reason not to use #nav-bar { display: none !important; }, but no I can not reproduce this. Star-button works fine here even with urlbar on additional toolbar and nav-bar hidden.
Does it work using CTRs option to hide the #nav-bar?

blackwind wrote:
blackwind wrote:Correction: Padlocks only appear on the currently selected tab in beta10.

Looks like you missed my comment on the previous page. This is still an issue in beta11.

Indeed I missed your comment, but padlocks appear on all protected tabs correctly for me:
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

Further testing indicates that they appear as expected immediately after a Firefox restart, but if you minimize and restore the window, they only appear on the selected tab as reported. I was able to reproduce 100% of the time using this method.
/bw (Author of Reload Plus)
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Aris wrote:Probably one more reason not to use #nav-bar { display: none !important; }, but no I can not reproduce this. Star-button works fine here even with urlbar on additional toolbar and nav-bar hidden.
Does it work using CTRs option to hide the #nav-bar?

Yes it still works if the CTR option to hide the Nav bar is used rather than CSS, although since the last few betas the box appears way on the left side of the page instead of under the star button as it was doing.

Update: the conflict is with Toolbar Buttons 0.6.0.8 and earlier again. When any of those versions are installed the dropdown won't work on most sites if the nav-bar is hidden in CSS. Everything's fine though with Toolbar Buttons 1.0 so I'm just going to leave those on instead.
Last edited by marty60 on June 22nd, 2014, 6:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

Aris wrote:CTR won't get any more tab settings. After all this add-on is not mainly a tab extension. :wink:
I have added a TMP check in v1.2.0 (or earlier?), which disables TMPs color settings once on first CTR install.

Try to run Memtest ( http://www.memtest.org/ ) to check it.

ahhhhah so it wasn't an accident/bug ( ;D ) when I found TMP's tab coloring disabled..... after which the tabs were visually glitched, I switch it back on and the glitches go away more or less...

ooh good old mem test I remember using it back in the day ;D

some compatibility between TMP and CTR is needed please....
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

Aris wrote:
Hi Aris...

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/06/21/85s.png
X..(

So you do not have this option?

I don't know how to help you then. Have you already tried a new profile with only CTR installed?
Does the glitch occur on all channels, release, beta, aurora and nightly?

it occurred in FF v29 & v30 so far... sry its too much headache to setup for testing the FF (Beta/Alpha)(s)...

ooh HW Acceleration inside FF yes it is here on my desktop/FF-v28(enabled)
and on my laptop FF-v30(Enabled)...

ok switched off FF-HW-Acceleration... leaving TMP tab-coloring on... only the tails glitch( colored tails outside the bottom left/right edges of the tabs, that follows the outline of the new-UI)...

switches off TMP tab-coloring and restarts FF... [-o<

BINGO! gfx glitches disappeared showing the old-UI's nice dark-grey square tabs =D> 8-)

re-enabled TMP's coloring... only the tails beyond the tab border and the tops of 'unread' tabs which I color Orange are.... curved as to follow the new-UI so the top corners of the square-tabs are dark-grey remain as what would have to be a TMP/CTR compatibility issue which I am sure Aris and Onemen could work something out... [-o< [-o< :wink:
Zéfling

Post by Zéfling »

Hi,

I'm a little problem with Tree Style Tab with the last version of this extension. The favicon tab up on the sreach bar.

I'm not found solution pour this.
pegasusjavea

Firefox Button

Post by pegasusjavea »

Aris wrote:
pegasusjavea wrote:
Now I have updated to Ff v30.0 that code does not work. The code is in userChrome.

Use Stylish add-on with /*AGENT_SHEET*/ in the first line of every style instead of userChrome.css.

CTR uses agent sheets for almost every registered css code. AGENT registered styles are more powerful than USER registered styles like the ones in userChrome.

Thank you - the Firefox button is placed really well now:
http://i61.tinypic.com/jv43yh.jpg

Is it also possible to get the space above the tabs back?
http://i58.tinypic.com/kpba1.jpg
Acid Crash

Post by Acid Crash »

Aris wrote:
Acid Crash wrote:2 Aris.
An another thing. It would nice to see an solid orange Firefox button, then placed on navigation panel.

Add this code to a Stylish profile to get orange appbutton color while button is on navigation toolbar:

}
   #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton:hover:not(:active):not([open]) .toolbarbutton-icon{
     background-image: radial-gradient(farthest-side at center bottom, rgba(252,240,89,.5) 10%, rgba(252,240,89,0) 70%),
                  radial-gradient(farthest-side at center bottom, rgb(236,133,0), rgba(255,229,172,0)),
   }
     background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(246,170,69), rgb(209,74,0) 95%) !important;
   }
   #main-window[privatebrowsingmode=temporary] #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton .toolbarbutton-icon{
     background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(153,38,211), rgb(105,19,163) 95%) !important;
   }
   #main-window[privatebrowsingmode=temporary] #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton:hover:not(:active):not([open]) .toolbarbutton-icon{
     background-image: radial-gradient(farthest-side at center bottom, rgba(240,193,255,.5) 10%, rgba(240,193,255,0) 70%),
                  radial-gradient(farthest-side at center bottom, rgb(192,81,247), rgba(236,172,255,0)),
   }
   #main-window[privatebrowsingmode=temporary] #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton:hover:active .toolbarbutton-icon,
   #main-window[privatebrowsingmode=temporary] #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton[open] .toolbarbutton-icon {
     background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(144,20,207), rgb(95,0,158) 95%) !important;
   }

}

Not sure if this will become a default CTR option someday.

Looks like the code refuses to work with yours CTB extention (When i enable borders for navigation toolbar buttons).
Can this be solved?
VoxPopuli

Post by VoxPopuli »

Hello Aris,

In the following context:

• CTR alone in a new profile (e.g. portable FF30)
  • Squared tabs (v2)
  • Button on titlebar (v2)
  • Tabs toolbar: reduce space above toolbar
  • Tabs toolbar: hide tabs toolbar with one tab
The inner FF window height is 1 pixel bigger with two or more open tabs than with only one.

I did not check other switch combinations.

Thank you very much for your continuous work on CTR!
Truant_Luce

Post by Truant_Luce »

Aris wrote:
Truant_Luce wrote:Hi. I use your addon in a number of ways, but switching from version 1.1.9 to 1.2.0 seemed to have caused my firefox to hang and no longer load on start up. I have tried removing other addons, and I have come to find that this is the addon causing my firefox not to start. I'm not sure if it's specific to me, at all. I have tried the beta builds for 1.2.1, but, they don't work either. What can I do to help get this solved? I don't want to stick to 1.1.9 forever, and I doubt I'm the only one this might happen to... Thanks for your help.

Probably your profile got corrupted somehow and you need to create a new one.
Have you disabled all other add-ons or only some?
Try to disable all "special tweaks" CTR provides.
Did you setup a new one when you first installed Fx29 back then?

I more or less merged my old profile back then when updating to Fx29. I just received an update for Fx30 this morning, updated, and then tried updating CTR to 1.2.1 as well as only having one tab open at the time. It now functions correctly again. I did only disable a few that one time. I'm not sure all what files are relevant in the profile folder, but I have cleaned up some things when my Firefox started to have stability issues and that fixed that issue.
Aris

Post by Aris »

blackwind wrote:Further testing indicates that they appear as expected immediately after a Firefox restart, but if you minimize and restore the window, they only appear on the selected tab as reported. I was able to reproduce 100% of the time using this method.

I can't confirm that. Padlocks are still there. Can you run some tests on a new profile with only CTR 1.2.1 and TU 1.5.28.1 installed?

marty60 wrote:...

Update: the conflict is with Toolbar Buttons 0.6.0.8 and earlier again. When any of those versions are installed the dropdown won't work on most sites if the nav-bar is hidden in CSS. Everything's fine though with Toolbar Buttons 1.0 so I'm just going to leave those on instead.

Still wondering why an add-on to add new toolbar buttons and change icons can have such an impact.

re-enabled TMP's coloring... only the tails beyond the tab border and the tops of 'unread' tabs which I color Orange are.... curved as to follow the new-UI so the top corners of the square-tabs are dark-grey remain as what would have to be a TMP/CTR compatibility issue which I am sure Aris and Onemen could work something out... [-o< [-o< :wink:

If you are using CTRs squared tabs, you do not need to use TMPs color settings at all. CTR offers colorizing for this tab states: default, active, hovered, unloaded and unread.

Zéfling wrote:Hi,

I'm a little problem with Tree Style Tab with the last version of this extension. The favicon tab up on the sreach bar.

http://ikilote.net/Galeries/Autres/Dive ... TR-TST.png

I'm not found solution pour this.

Can't reproduce that one. Does this also happen on a clean profile only with CTR 1.2.1 and TST installed?
What CTR settings are you using? Have you already tried to reset them (backup them using CTRs export feature before reset)?

pegasusjavea wrote:...

Is it also possible to get the space above the tabs back?
http://i58.tinypic.com/kpba1.jpg

Try this code with different values:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #TabsToolbar {
  padding-top:4px !important;
}

Acid Crash wrote:..
Looks like the code refuses to work with yours CTB extention (When i enable borders for navigation toolbar buttons).
Can this be solved?

This is compatible with CTBs large button option:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/

#nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton {
     -moz-appearance: none !important;
     background: unset !important;
     border-radius: 2.5px;
     border: unset !important;
     border-color: unset !important;
     box-shadow: unset !important;
     transition-property: unset !important;
     transition-duration: unset !important;
   }
      padding:2px 3px 3px 2px !important;
   }
   }
   }
   }
   }
   }
   }

}

VoxPopuli wrote:Hello Aris,

In the following context:

• CTR alone in a new profile (e.g. portable FF30)
  • Squared tabs (v2)
  • Button on titlebar (v2)
  • Tabs toolbar: reduce space above toolbar
  • Tabs toolbar: hide tabs toolbar with one tab
The inner FF window height is 1 pixel bigger with two or more open tabs than with only one.

I did not check other switch combinations.

Thank you very much for your continuous work on CTR!

The option "Tabs toolbar: hide tabs toolbar with one tab" is not 100% accurate when combined like this, I know. It worls better with squared tabs v1 and buttons on titlebar v1, but I will tweak it a bit.

Using this option-combination the titlebar sometimes changes size when switching from maximized to normal window or enabling/disabling menubar and I can't catch that without breaking something else.

Truant_Luce wrote:...

I more or less merged my old profile back then when updating to Fx29. I just received an update for Fx30 this morning, updated, and then tried updating CTR to 1.2.1 as well as only having one tab open at the time. It now functions correctly again. I did only disable a few that one time. I'm not sure all what files are relevant in the profile folder, but I have cleaned up some things when my Firefox started to have stability issues and that fixed that issue.

Good to hear.