Menu Editor 1.2 beta

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

It could be - makes sense - but i'm talking about ME options window (Customize menus...). If i place it (Bookmarks) (or it is placed there by ook?) at the very bottom, i have a disappearing problem. If i move it to another section, under different separator (context-sep-properties, let's say), it will stay put in the right click context menu. It always shows at the bottom of the right click context menu though (which is where i want it), unless i move it to the top (which is how it intended to work, i gather).
Old Greg S

Post by Old Greg S »

What is the proper code to use a background image for the two panes that you see when one selects the customize menu? I've tried to use a background image for them and it works(sorta) but must not be right, although I don't see any errors. The two panes will show part of the browser background(google page) and the menu it was selected from until I mouseover menuedit, then the background image appears, but menuedit locks up and won't close. If I minimize the browser, menuedit disappears.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

makondo: I meant it's at the bottom of ME's Customize Menus window by default. You don't have to move it there. You seemed to imply the opposite, so I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong when trying to reproduce.

Greg: Are you trying to style Menu Editor's options window? If so, please post the CSS you tried and where did you put it.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Yes, i believe it is at the bottom by default - and that is when it would desappear from the right click menu. If i move it, drag to another position, like the portion above (under a different separator) - it stays.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

makondo: okay.

chob: I'm sorry, but it looks like TabMix just isn't compatible with current nightlies. I get the same behavior when using TabMix alone. On Firefox 1.0 TabMix and Menu Editor work together fine.
chob

Post by chob »

asqueella : thanks for taking a look at it anyway - appreciated :)
Old Greg S

Post by Old Greg S »

asqueella wrote:

Greg: Are you trying to style Menu Editor's options window? If so, please post the CSS you tried and where did you put it.

OK, I must have previously had something in that shouldn't have been because this now seems to work

Code: Select all

tree {
   background-image: url("rrr.png") !important; }

but I'm still not sure it's correct. Thanks
Mozcerize

Post by Mozcerize »

asqueella, gmbwizard; I too don't believe there to be any conflicts with Open Link in... (any version). gmbwizard, have you tried disabling Menu Editor temporarily? If there are still problems then they cannot be due to Menu Editor. Disabling extensions in a controlled manner is a good way of narrowing down which extension is the root of the problem.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Greg: yes, something like this:

menueditor > tree, #palette {
  -moz-appearance: none !important;
  background-image: url(...) !important;
}

Mozcerize: thanks for confirmation.
Old Greg S

Post by Old Greg S »

asqueella wrote:Greg: yes, something like this:

menueditor > tree, #palette {
  -moz-appearance: none !important;
  background-image: url(...) !important;
}

Thanks, Does this need to be just for menuedit(I know the code you gave me is) or is there a set I could use to use for most of the palette areas? I guess what I'm asking, do extensions look to the code from the browser for such things or are they independant of it?
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

20050405:
[updated 20050406]
- A few more editable menus
- Options dialog uses simple mode (one <tree>) by default
- some changes to keyboard navigation / dealing with focus in Options window
- A possible bug with dynamically added menu items (such as in clusty toolbar) was fixed
- Most menu items from disabled/uninstalled exensions are now removed from the datasource [making it work as it worked in the beginning of March]
- rework the way ME deals with separators. Should improve the situation with visual glitches (reported for Autohide and Plain Text Links). Should also fix some hard-to-reproduce bugs when sometimes without any obvious reason a few consecutive separators were shown.
- remove support for handleDynamicModifications pref introduced for testing in one of March builds.

I only tested this on my trunk build, would appreciate if someone took time to test on branch (it may mess up your separators, so please back up menuedit.rdf first). Also there may be some regressions I didn't notice, as I made a few major changes and didn't really test enough. Please tell me if you notice anything weird.

--
Greg: if you want all XUL trees use the same background, just replace "menueditor > tree, #palette" with "tree" and put that to userChrome.css.
Last edited by asqueella on April 6th, 2005, 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
n3w93n3

Post by n3w93n3 »

ME seems to disable context menu when right-clicking in bookmarks submenu (on menubar).
i'm sure there was context menu in the bookmarks menu space (i created the new profile).
though i didn't checked out other extensions for this but ME is the only extension imho which can do so.

sorry if i am not right or if this is duplicate.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b5) Gecko/20051006 Firefox/1.4.1
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

n3w93n3: Not for me, are you sure you haven't removed the "Bookmark items" from the toolbar to Customize window?
n3w93n3

Post by n3w93n3 »

yes that's the cause of problem. thanks.

by the way why does new ME deletes all the separators from menus where i make few changes with ME.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b5) Gecko/20051006 Firefox/1.4.1
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

it shouldn't... what is your build string (Help > about)?