[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
streetwolf

Re: [EXT] DblClicker & KillSpinners & Add-on Toolbarbutton

Post by streetwolf »

Seems FlashStopper doesn't work with E10s. Multiprocess Firefox | Bill McCloskey's Blog Changes need to be made.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi streetwolf,

did some feasibility checks to test if FS could actually work on e10s (there are big issue of synchronization and timing when manipulating the flash player variables). preliminary results are encouraging although i couldn't make the proactive blocking (source sanitizing) work, but since that part is more standard and used in other addons, a solution will be available...
i've uploaded a version to the development channel if you want to check it out.
flashstopper-e10s-1.2.0b1-fx.xpi

p.s
1) all my addons break on e10s, so FS is not alone...
2) i'm not sure e10s is coming very soon!

yochai
lazlototh

Post by lazlototh »

I recently started having a problem with a popup menu inside the admin section of a WordPress site that I am working on. I love DblClicker would rather not have to disable it on all sites. Is it it possible to disable DblClicker only on a specific domain?
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi lazlototh,

i would rather fix it than add white-list to the add-on. if you can replicate the problematic code (in the page) or find another way i could investigate the core problem that would be best...

thanks

yochai
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

23rd june 2014 ? flashstopper-e10s-1.2.0b1-fx.xpi ???

No play icon appears to block flash content at least on youtube .. .
& i'm using palemoon 24.6.1, a sort of firefox v24 .. .

The addon is dead, please update it
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi delicacy,

how did you end up with that version? it is a feasibility-test beta from the dev channel for a multi-process firefox (called Electrolysis nicknamed e10s) that will probably never go live!!!!!!!!!
anyways the current flashstopper will not work on FF24 because of ui changes made in FF29(australis).
if you're really want to use FS you could download v1.0.0(should work on 24, maybe need install.rdf min version change) from the versions page, and use 'Add-on toolbarbutton' for button (one of the sample import buttons is for FS).

yochai
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

Hi Yochaym,

palemoon will never use australis .. . & i will never return to firefox seeing all the damage australis & idiotic ui changes have done to so many devs contributions,
while many devs are abandoning firefox for chrome because of such stupidity & poor improvement in terms of usability & the treatment of javascript the way ie treats it.
yes flashstooper would be very useful to me, as long as it doesn't block any other sites besides video/audio sites. all the rest should be allowed, as i cannot whitelist
all sites i visit cause its blocked by stupid addons like flashblock or noscript & spend my life "whitelisting".

i'll use 1.0 for now if it works & change the rdf file, but if you can do that:

my best wish would be a sort of flashblock thats based on a blacklist engine, so i could add a personal very long list of video & audio database sites that don't have a play icon.

please give me a link for the download of 1.0

thanks
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi delicacy,

flashstopper "only" stops autoplay but while no-script/flashblock replace the player with a placeholder FS makes the player show the video thumbnail which is far less obtrusive and doesn't disturb the browsing experience...
if you need a blacklisting no-script/flashblock kind of solution you can try https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r-element/ where the permissions are handled from the address-bar by the core FF permissions mechanism (btw this add-on copy the behavior of FF24 so maybe you have this by default in palemoon???)
if you want to use flashstopper, v100 is available from the versions page here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

p.s
let me know what you've decided since i think there is a way to have an up-to-date functionality based on that version...
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

I totally agree, hiding the flash content with a button that covers th entire element was an error for videos.
I didn't try the firefox option since firefox functions are always limited & unmaintained. Plus, i don't want to see it appear everywhere.
flashstopper seems to be the only available "video auto play stopper" for firefox that works & isn't obtrusive & respects websites presentations
& other legitimate flash content. I installed v0.9.6 since i don't have australis & don't want it on bars .. . Concerning your p.s .. .

Here's my suggestion:

An include list.. so if i include a website, it will detect the flash object & auto add the play button next time .. .

for many future sites, here are 2 examples out of many others that need to be included,
the include list is better than having to update a database & updating the addon each
time a new site is found lol. But probably more complex to code i imagine..

ex:

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/we ... nd-cat.htm

https://myspace.com/mastervadim/video/t ... me/3446777

& if you can, please have a look in my list of addons i'd like to be fixed & others, created here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2841527

The two lat ones would be wonderful (a priority for me):
"Hide Unwanted Results of Google Search 1.4.1"
&
"Add exclude/reinclude buttons in the "available updates" section of the addon window"

This would avoid seeing updates appearing in that section when i manually check &
i want to maintain old versions or mod versions .. .

(even though i don't have that issue with flashstopper now)

Thanks
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi delicacy,

FS is whitelist like the other ('Click to Play per-element' & the FF24 [+palemoon?] core plugin permissions could go both ways) except that it stops autoplay more gracefully so it shouldn't matter. the difference being that the placeholder method is generic and will work for any site, FS is dependent on the autoplay implementation (because we want the player play button and the thumbnail). if you can live with the placeholder and want a blacklist you should use the palemoon click-to-play (default always-activate for blacklist) implementation (you can use it together with FS).
as for making FS up-to-date, please use v100 (it's the most updated version that is not! dependent on australis. download this file http://www.byo.co.il/Download/handler.js and replace the one in [youreprofile]/flashstopper/... (the latest site handler, i also changed it so it will stop animalplanet for you...).
it is much easier to manage the permissions and proactive blocking list with the button (proactive blocking is tweaking the page code and you need it for sites like yahoo etc...) so i'd advise you to add the button (using 'add-on toolbarbutton')

yochai
delicacy

Re: [Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on

Post by delicacy »

Hi Yochyam,

I downloaded 1.0, added that file & updated the rdf..
Personally, i prefer staying with flashstopper, by the way, see if you can fix it in a "general" way, if i add myspace.com to be blocked in preferences,
similar websites methods should be recognized. i don't go to animalplanet, it was just an example to show you, it's not working on such & such sites .. .

then please see if you can do anything about the list of addons for what i'm waiting for fixes at
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2841527
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi delicacy,

delicacy wrote: i don't go to animalplanet

it's not just animalplanet but a big part of the discovery channel so that's not too bad...

i was investigating myspace.com but couldn't make the main player show the thumbnail (if you have an example of this - not the embedded frame - you can send me a link).
as for the other add-ons, for now i'm fairly contented with the work i'm putting in my own add-ons... (add-on development for mozilla is quite ungrateful business!!!)

sorry i can't help you much,

yochai
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

"(if you have an example of this - not the embedded frame - you can send me a link)"

sorry, i don't understand what you mean by that..
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

if you could just at least modify one thing, it would already be a lot, since little contributions can help moving forward. if you can, otherwise, i won't ask you that anymore,
try to eventually remove the ip & it's placeholder of premiumproxyswitcher 1.1 http://freeproxylist.org/pps/premiumpro ... .1.1.0.xpi

This would be great (remove space+proxy from statusbar):

Otherwise, forget it
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi delicacy,

to remove the proxy label you can add this line to your userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

#premiumproxyswitcher-status-label { display: none; }

or add it to premiumproxyswitcher@freeproxylist.org.xpi/skin/overlay.css
if you want to change the addon itself...

yochai