Windows Media Player

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
stevef3nj

Windows Media Player

Post by stevef3nj »

At one time, you could get an plug in , to view an embedded Windows Media Player. I can't find it anymore. Is there a way to view an embedded Windows Media Player in Firefox? Thanks.
JayhawksRock

Re: Windows Media Player

Post by JayhawksRock »

This works for me on XP and is/was the only Mozilla recommended WMP plugin http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/ ... n-download
Checks as current on this test https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
stevef3nj

Post by stevef3nj »

I downloaded that, and got a VLC embedded page. That did not help me. I have windows 8.1
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

It looks like Microsoft abandoned the Windows Media Player plug-in, so getting it installed in Firefox requires a bit of work. Also, using old plug-ins is bad from a security standpoint.

If you want to install the Windows Media Player plug-in in Windows Vista and later anyway,
  1. Download the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin | Interoperability Bridges and Labs Center.
  2. Run the setup file.
  3. In Windows Explorer, open the Firefox installation folder, usually either of the following (for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows, respectively).
    • C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\
  4. Move the Plugins subfolder into the browser subfolder. The resulting path for the plug-in should be either of the following (for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows, respectively):
    • C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\browser\plugins\np-mswmp.dll
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\plugins\np-mswmp.dll
  5. If Firefox is currently running, restart it for the change to take effect.