[EXT] Menu Wizard

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
GermanKiwi

Re: [EXT] S3.Menu Wizard

Post by GermanKiwi »

Hi Oleksandr, this is a really great add-on!

I have one request: would you consider renaming the add-on to just "Menu Wizard" - or else maybe "Menu Wizard (S3)" if it is important for you to keep the "S3" label in there.

The reason is that when I'm searching for this add-on at my Extensions page (about:addons) and I have many other add-ons there, it's much easier to find it when it is called "Menu Wizard", because in my mind I'm thinking about "menu" and so I look for the add-on where they are beginning with 'M'. It's more logical that way, if the add-on begins with "Menu" and not with "S3" which I would not remember.

I saw already another add-on from you with the name "Download Manager (S3)", so it would also fit to the same format, to call this one "Menu Wizard (S3)".

:)
pag77

Post by pag77 »

GermanKiwi, yes, I thought about renaming, but will do it a bit later :)
GermanKiwi

Post by GermanKiwi »

pag77 wrote:GermanKiwi, yes, I thought about renaming, but will do it a bit later :)

Sounds good, thanks!
avada

Post by avada »

It's basically the inverse of the problem I had earlier.
Here's an APNG screencap of it:
makondo

Post by makondo »

I see this too and it is quite annoying. It shows only for a split second but pretty annoying nonetheless. It appears to happen when there labels that don't show (and don't suppose to show) but their separators do show for that split second, just like what avada shows above.

Also, not sure if this has been asked before or is already possible - a way to move items right in the menu by dragging? TIA!
Last edited by makondo on July 22nd, 2014, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silat

Post by silat »

Love your Wizard.
Is it possible to add a "select and deselect all" button to the "keyboard shortcuts" menu?
Lew/+Silat
makondo

Post by makondo »

silat

Post by silat »

makondo wrote:Image

I liked your request also. :)
Lew/+Silat
makondo

Post by makondo »

Also, is it just my puter or anybody else sees this - the 'wait' animation doesn't work. In fact about:config-menu kind of freezes Fx for a few seconds (like 2-4) when nothing happens and nothing works (can't change tab, click, etc.). I tried another gif image to replace the dead default gif and it doesn't animate either. I was able to use css for animation but it only rotates once no matter what duration or animation-iteration-count i choose.
I use FEBE and i see the same thing happening when FEBE backs up, it just freezes the browser for a few seconds. Does anybody else see it? If so, is this fixable? Otherwise, you might want to simply delete that image 'cause it makes no sense to have it there (since it doesn't animate as a 'loading' gif should).

EDIT: something else would be nice: the options page (about:config-menu) to remember last state. That is, if a double pane was open when the page was closed, it would be nice if the double pane would be open when the about: page is open again. As of now, i have to click the Split screen button every time i open Options ('cause i like to see split screen most of the time).
makondo

Post by makondo »

I still see separators even when labels don't show:

avada

Post by avada »

silat wrote:Love your Wizard.
Is it possible to add a "select and deselect all" button to the "keyboard shortcuts" menu?

Why? That would effect ~all firefox shortcuts.
silat

Post by silat »

avada wrote:
silat wrote:Love your Wizard.

Why? That would effect ~all firefox shortcuts.

:) Because I do not use FF shortcuts and it would make life easier to be able to deselect all and then click the ones I want.
Lew/+Silat
pag77

Post by pag77 »

avada wrote:It's basically the inverse of the problem I had earlier.
Here's an APNG screencap of it:

makondo wrote: see this too and it is quite annoying. It shows only for a split second but pretty annoying nonetheless

well, I will look for solutions to this problem

makondo wrote:Also, not sure if this has been asked before or is already possible - a way to move items right in the menu by dragging? TIA!

it is already in the work plan, please be patient :)

silat wrote:Is it possible to add a "select and deselect all" button to the "keyboard shortcuts" menu?

please wait new versions... :)

makondo wrote:something else would be nice: the options page (about:config-menu) to remember last state. That is, if a double pane was open when the page was closed, it would be nice if the double pane would be open when the about: page is open again. As of now, i have to click the Split screen button every time i open Options ('cause i like to see split screen most of the time).

please wait new versions... :)
makondo

Post by makondo »

Thank you!
silat

Post by silat »

Fantastic add-on. Thanks so much for developing it for us.
Lew/+Silat