[Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 6.1.0

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Scarlettrunner20

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 5.7.0

Post by Scarlettrunner20 »

Heck, I just took an ordinary screenshot but it looks like I blew the margins with it? Not sure how that happened and I don't know how to fix it.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
May I suggest, that before you post an image, you reduce it's dimensions to ~600 x 500 or so.
Thank you.
Plus...You can just post the [img] link.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
GNTMN

Post by GNTMN »

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat,
Thank You Again for your work on this theme!!! =D>
This is the only theme I use and I really miss it when it's gone.
Please keep up the great work it is APPRECIATED!
=D> =D>
Life is a journey, live the journey, because every
destination is the door to another.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

I, too, extend my most sincere thanks to RFLC for the update to my favorite theme. It, combined with Aris's Meisterwerk, are the reasons I've been able to back to my dilettante efforts as a beta tester.

As I've mentioned in this posting, viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2852795, I'm having a couple of small issues with the newest version of the theme with Fx 33 (64 bit). Please click the link in the posting to see them.

If it's relevant, v. 5.7.0 looks GREAT with my 24.6.0esrpre on the machine I'm writing this from.

And just for the record, here's the content of the userchrome.css file I use on all my machines. (I have to be honest and confess that I don't know what most of the stuff in this file does. It's bits and pieces I've collected over the years through the kind help of contributors to the Fx Board, especially Frank Lion, who's kindly helped me on several occasions, as has patrickjdempsey.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
@import url(chrome://global/skin/hacks/Emerald_tab.css);
/*Color Tab in Red Cats Green Flavor
*/

#urlbar > dropmarker {
display: none !important }
/*
* Edit this file and copy it as userChrome.css into your
* profile-directory/chrome/
*/

/*
* Do not remove the @namespace line -- it's required for correct functioning
*/
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* set default namespace to XUL
*/
#urlbar > dropmarker {
/*

*/
#urlbar-icons-spacer {
width: 100px;
}

#urlbar-spacer {
visibility: hidden;
height: 0px;
}
/*

*/
/*SEARCH BAR*/
#searchbar {
width: 175px !important;
margin-right: 20px;
}
.search-go-button-container {
display:none;
}
/*

*/
/* Remove Recent Pages dropdown button */
#back-forward-dropmarker { display: none; }
/*

/* Remove Star Button */
#urlbar > #urlbar-icons > #star-button { display: none !important; }
/*

/* Remove Green Triangle */
#go-button { display: none; }
/*

/*Remove magnifying glass button from search box*/
.search-go-button { display: none !important; }
/*

*/
#TabsToolbar,
.tabbrowser-strip {
background: url("chrome://global/skin/backgrounds/toolbar-bg.png") top left !important;
padding-top: 2px !important;
}

#navigator-toolbox[tabsontop="false"] > #PersonalToolbar,
#navigator-toolbox:not([tabsontop]) > #PersonalToolbar {
background: none !important;
border-bottom-style: solid !important;
-moz-border-bottom-colors: #B5C8B6 #C8D6C9 !important;
-moz-box-shadow: none !important;
-moz-border-radius: 1px 1px 4px 4px !important;
}
/*

*/
@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gateke ... s.only.xul);

#urlbar > dropmarker {
/*

*/#urlbar > hbox {
padding-right: 2px !important }
/*

*/toolbarseparator {
-moz-border-left-colors: transparent transparent #8A9C8F !important;
-moz-border-right-colors: transparent transparent #FBFCFB !important;
}
/*

*/
#FindToolbar {
background: #C1D2C2 !important;
-moz-border-top-colors: hsl(123,15%,75%) hsl(120,20%,87%)
hsl(125,18%,85%) !important;
-moz-border-bottom-colors: hsl(124,15%,76%) hsl(124,15%,78%) !important;
box-shadow: inset 2px 2px 7px -2px hsla(120,14%,92%,.6),
inset -2px -2px 7px -2px hsla(114,15%,68%,.6) !important;
}
/*

*/
findbar, #FindToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 10 !important;
position: static !important;
height: auto !important;

transition-delay: 0s, 0s, 0ms !important;
transform: none !important;
opacity: 1 !important;

border-top: 1px solid ThreeDHighlight !important;
border-bottom: 0 !important;
background-image: linear-gradient(to top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 0%,rgba(0,0,0,0.1) 100%) !important;
}
.findbar-textbox {
width: 20em !important;
}
.findbar-case-sensitive {
margin-right: 1500px !important;
}

/*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, thank you very much.
Last edited by joeg on August 25th, 2014, 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
sleepygal13

Post by sleepygal13 »

I don't know if there's been a very recent update, but I'm having a problem with both the blue and green theme. It seems for some reason I'm losing my menu bar although when I click it tells me that it's in use. I also lose all my tabs. I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and all was back as it should be, but the minute I reinstalled my dear cat theme both were missing again. I've had to find another theme and it breaks my heart. I dearly love both the blue and green cat themes and have been using them for many years.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

sleepygal13 wrote:I don't know if there's been a very recent update, but I'm having a problem with both the blue and green theme. It seems for some reason I'm losing my menu bar although when I click it tells me that it's in use. I also lose all my tabs. I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and all was back as it should be, but the minute I reinstalled my dear cat theme both were missing again. I've had to find another theme and it breaks my heart. I dearly love both the blue and green cat themes and have been using them for many years.
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but it appears you're using Firefox 26. This is an old version that doesn't contain the changes introduced with the new interface in Fx29, which the newest theme version (5.7.0) was updated to deal with.

By the way, you haven't mentioned which version of the theme you're using.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
sleepygal13

Post by sleepygal13 »

I've been using Firefox 26 since it was released and had no problem with it or the theme until today. I don't know what version of the theme I was using, probably whatever was valid in Dec. 2013. I'm not using any version right now because of issue with the menu bar and tabs. I chose not to update Firefox after 26 because of the way I understood it would change its appearance. Is there any way to obtain an older version of the theme? I really miss my kitties!
joeg

Post by joeg »

sleepygal13 wrote:I've been using Firefox 26 since it was released and had no problem with it or the theme until today. I don't know what version of the theme I was using, probably whatever was valid in Dec. 2013. I'm not using any version right now because of issue with the menu bar and tabs. I chose not to update Firefox after 26 because of the way I understood it would change its appearance. Is there any way to obtain an older version of the theme? I really miss my kitties!
You might want to read through some of these posts. Apparently other people have had problems, too.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r/reviews/

Also this
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sion-5.6.3
and this
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sion-5.6.3
lconnole

Post by lconnole »

Good day,
I have loved using Red Cats, blue version since I bought my mac a few years ago. I just upgrade to newest version ans was able to correct some things but, I no longer have the reload button. I do not have userchrome.css file on my mac. I found this /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -profilemanager and create a profile, even though it has one created (default). Still no luck. Please assist a novice on how to resolve this please. I think your hacks would fix my other 2 issues if I could do this.
I may have create the file , I do have example files, but have no idea what to do. Would you or someone help me? I know windows much better but don't use one anymore. Mac I'm lost ](*,)
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi R_F_L_C,

I have a slight glitch with the Menu Bar text etc.
It's very thin/faded. Nothing much to report after searching on the other fora.
Running version 5.6.3 on Firefox v20 & v5.7.0 on both 30 & 31.

Also missing the "cat throbber" in both 30 & 31.

Would you please check this thread for exactly what I mean?
Thanks.

> viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2863139
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

joeg

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote: ...Also missing the "cat throbber" in both 30 & 31.
As far as I know, the "activity indicator", as I think the "throbber" was officially called, was eliminated with the other Australis "improvements". Even the Classic Theme Restorer extension doesn't bring it back.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi Joe,
I know the throbber was removed but I do have the circular throbber/Activity Indicator in version 30 available,
just not the RCGF, ball juggling one, like I have in Firefox v20.

It has a very strange function though.
It disappears when re-loading a page.

Weird.

joeg

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi Joe,
I know the throbber was removed but I do have the circular throbber/Activity Indicator in version 30 available, just not the RCGF, ball juggling one, like I have in Firefox v20.

It has a very strange function though.
It disappears when re-loading a page.

Weird.
Hi again LIMPET235,

Because I use RCGF 5.7.0 with Fx 24.7.0esrpre on most of my machines, where it looks great and everything works, and only use it with Fx 34 on my "fooling around" machine, I never worried much about the throbber. However, your posting made me think a bit.

A bit of looking revealed the weird throbber that you mentioned hidden in the Configure panel, and I was amazed to observe the behavior your described: a real "WTF?" experience.

Then I searched a bit and discovered this:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search

This extension indeed puts the old "broken circle" throbber back in place, and it works like it should.

Then I figured it would be a simple matter to go to to the Fx34 config panel, find the RCGF throbber (activity indicator) icon, and drag it into place. The problem was that the icon isn't there.

I then decided to go to the "throbber-restored extension" support page, and I found this:
Details on Using Custom Images
From the options page in the Add-on Manager tab, you can select custom images to use for the loading or idle throbber. In the file picker that opens you can copy and paste a link, or browse to and pick any file on your computer. A copy of the file is made in the add-on, so you can delete the image from your computer and it will still work. On uninstall of the add-on the copy of the images are deleted. The copy of the images can be found in your profile folder and are named "throbber-restored-customImageLoading" and "throbber-restored-customImageIdle".

If you used a custom image "A" for loading, a file in the profile directory named "throbber-restored-customImageLoading" will be created. Then later decide to use custom image "B" for loading, this same file will be overwritten.

Uhhh, OK, but where's the "options page in the Add-on Manager tab"? I don't see anywhere to "select custom images". :(

In case anyone ever finds it, here's where the image is
-> Fx Profile\extensions\{dd30bf68-268a-4815-ad48-8740b774c764}.xpi\chrome\global\throbber\

I guess the right one is "throbber-small-animated.gif"

If you have any luck with this, please be sure to let me know how you did it.

Thanks.
mindwarp42

Post by mindwarp42 »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi R_F_L_C,

I have a slight glitch with the Menu Bar text etc.
It's very thin/faded. Nothing much to report after searching on the other fora.
Running version 5.6.3 on Firefox v20 & v5.7.0 on both 30 & 31.

Also missing the "cat throbber" in both 30 & 31.

Would you please check this thread for exactly what I mean?
Thanks.

> viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2863139

Regarding the menu bar text appearance, it's a change on the Firefox end, since it's that way in the default theme as well post Firefox 30. IIRC, it was tied into trying to improve how Firefox looked on Retina/HiDPI displays. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=820679 for the master bug on the Windows end (and, yes, the Firefox devs have been working on this problem for quite some time, if you look at what they were using for screencaps - I'm not sure what bugfix is the one that hit in 30, however). Pretty much, when searching for this problem, all responses have been to play with layout.css.devPixelsPerPx (which will affect content as well as chrome) or install the Theme Font & Size Changer extension. I ended up changing my layout.css.devPixelsPerPx setting to 1.0, which is a little bit better, but still not as good as before. I haven't tried playing around with that extension, mostly because I really don't feel like having to install another extension to fix this. Why they didn't have a setting that was easier to toggle is beyond me, since not everyone will have a nice new display, but at least I can understand why the Firefox devs were working on this since it was a problem for those who do have the newer displays. (shrugs)
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Thank Joe, mindwarp,

I have installed the throbber extension & am happy to have it functioning as before.
Just wish I had my juggling kitty back.
I haven't tried adding any custom images, so cannot comment on if it works or not.

I also tried the "layout.css etc etc" & entered 1...= no diff apparent but 2.... WOWSER!
I had a really large display greet me.
Like you mindwarp, I settled for 1.0 but it did not seem to make that much diff. & also like you,
I do not want another extension for one small "induced" glitch.
;)