Fork an extension

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
poleta33

Fork an extension

Post by poleta33 »

Hi everybody

I'de like to improve this extension : https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/thunderbi ... -reminder/ (with mainly adding the possibility to handle mutiple birthdays) and I've tried to reach the developper without succes...

So my question : am I free to use his code to build my own extension ?...

bests regards
DanRaisch

Re: Fork an extension

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Extension Development.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

That is a very confusing license: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... se/1.0.6.5 It appears the dev is claiming copyright for the source code. Best suggestion would be no unless you plan to use it only yourself and not distribute it.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
poleta33

Post by poleta33 »

is there a way to join this developper ?... (I've tried birthdayreminderbeta [aath] googlemail.com)
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

That seems to be the only contact point he has listed. If you haven't, you might wait a week. He might not check that address very often.

Other then that, are likely out of luck. You might leave an note in the review section of the extension. Give it five stars (assuming it was worth five stars before it broke) and say something like "Useful extension, however I am having problems. See this (url to this post)." However, it isn't likely he is still watching that page.

At the moment. I would hold tight and see if anyone else has any suggestions. If nothing else, you could write a new one from scratch.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."