Pages not Loading fully

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Reality Corp.

Pages not Loading fully

Post by Reality Corp. »

Ok, here's my problem - some sites I visit do not fully load in the browser window, though when I go and check the source of the page, it's all there, down to the ending </html> tag. Same problem happens with Mozilla. Specifically, I've seen this happen with download.com, it loads the page title and the favicon, but all I see is a blank white screen afterwards with the status bar saying "Transferring Data from surveys.cnet.com" Time doesn't help either, because it simply doesn't load even after ten minutes. I'm running a DSL connection and other sites work just fine. I've also disabled my firewall (McAfee) and removed the process from the task manager list. I've also disabled just about everything else, including spyware shields and Virus Scanners but to no effect.

I'm just wondering why the site loads into the browser (I can see the source fully by clicking on view source) but doesn't appear on the screen...

-RC
Reality Corp.

Post by Reality Corp. »

Just some more info on my computer, just in case:

Windows XP Pro, DSL Connection, Firefox 1.0.2 and Mozilla 1.7.5, Windows XP firewall disabled as well. Tried with three different ISP's (56k for two of them) and the problem persisted with each one.
RAF

Post by RAF »

What does IE do on the same links?
AmboyGuy

Post by AmboyGuy »

LeRoi wrote:Tried a new Firefox profile to see if the behavior is the same?

Close Firefox and end tasks of any Firefox processes still running via ctrl+alt+del.

Back up important files housed in the profile folder (copy and paste to another location):

Windows XP: Show Hidden Program or System Files

Locate your profile folder

Backing up your profile

Specific files of interest

(The steps above are precautionary and not absolutely necessary before creating a new profile)

Create a new Firefox profile with a unique name and see if the problem persists in it:

Create a new profile
Mozilla/5.0 (Ubuntu; X11; Linux i686; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1 ID:20111228084953

Post by Guest »

I haven't tried with IE yet as it is somewhat broken (one of the only reasons I'm using firefox). I'll try to get it fired up.

@AboyGuy - Yes, already tried that as well, uninstalled, reinstalled, made new profiles, and did all that. The problem still ocurred and has been for about two weeks now.
RAF

Post by RAF »

Post some links for sites where you suffer the problem so we can try them.

Post by Guest »

Download.com front page
MegaGames.com - front page loads, other pages do not (or load just the top part) (http://megagames.com/gcracks.html)
Gmail.com - logging in, but only for firefox.

I'm thinking that it has something to do with the ads, but I'm not running any ad-blockers or anything of that nature.
Reality Corp.

Post by Reality Corp. »

Checked with IE - It does the same thing, only it doesn't load all of the code like firefox does. Odd.

Also it does the same thing with my.yahoo.com at times, but reloading the page will let it work, unlike the other sites mentioned.
RAF

Post by RAF »

All work well for me on Fx 1.0

Do you have javascript enabled? This might not be related, but at megagames is a lot of JS.
Tools | Options | Web features - lowest checkbox.
Reality Corp.

Post by Reality Corp. »

Yes I do, but turning it off does not help. I also tried turning off Java, images, referrer logging, and CSS.
Reality Corp.

Post by Reality Corp. »

Problem Solved - I uninstalled McAfee Privacy Service and the whole problem went away. I'm not sure why, but it worked and so it's all good.

Thanks for your all your help, RAF.
RAF

Post by RAF »

No problem. I suggest you register as a member. After that, read my signature and help us fold. :)