The Acid2 Browser Test

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Ken Cooper

The Acid2 Browser Test

Post by Ken Cooper »

Does anyone know what Fx is lacking while trying to display the Acid2 test linked from this page?
My Firefox Info
NOTE: Firefox is spelled “F-i-r-e-f-o-x”; only the first letter capitalized. The preferred abbreviation is “Fx” or “fx”.
wong888

Post by wong888 »

IE and Opera also couldnt display the test page.
cant afford a sig.
vertigo451

Post by vertigo451 »

Is the site finished? It doesn't validate (at least for me).
Ken Cooper

Post by Ken Cooper »

wong888 wrote:IE and Opera also couldnt display the test page.

That's inspiring!
My Firefox Info
NOTE: Firefox is spelled “F-i-r-e-f-o-x”; only the first letter capitalized. The preferred abbreviation is “Fx” or “fx”.
Ken Cooper

Post by Ken Cooper »

vertigo451 wrote:Is the site finished? It doesn't validate (at least for me).

Your right, it doesn't, but if you study the code, there are a few notes that explain why.
My Firefox Info
vertigo451

Post by vertigo451 »

Your right. It does seem that Firefox is picking up most of the bogus declerations and ignoring them.

Edit: Firefox looks close (the eyes and the chin are off the most) and I can't even tell there is a face in IE.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

WaSP wrote:Acid2 is a complex web page. It uses features that are not in common use yet, because of lack of support, and it crams many tests into one page.

That's probably why. I'm guessing it uses things that aren't universally supported yet. I'm not sure which ones yet.

Heh. Hover your cursor directly underneath the nose and in-line with the start of the smile on the left.
Ken Cooper

Post by Ken Cooper »

Cusser wrote:
WaSP wrote:Acid2 is a complex web page. It uses features that are not in common use yet, because of lack of support, and it crams many tests into one page.

That's probably why. I'm guessing it uses things that aren't universally supported yet. I'm not sure which ones yet.

The original question I posted still remains.

"Does anyone know what Fx is lacking while trying to display the Acid2 test"

It was my understanding that Fx is a standards-compliant browser. At least that is what I have been telling everyone to convince them to switch. Wouldn't it be nice to show that Fx is truly standards-compliant, instead of just saying so?
My Firefox Info
Spewey
Folder@Home

Post by Spewey »

Ugh, not you again. This is a really hardcore bucket of fish...

Acid2 is a complex web page. It uses features that are not in common use yet, because of lack of support, and it crams many tests into one page.

http://www.webstandards.org/act/acid2/guide.html
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Well, it'd be nice, but ultimately pointless since no browser comes close to 100% compliance. Firefox and Opera are top of the list, though. I'll try and figure out what's lacking, but I suspect you'll have more luck with this if it were posted in Standards Evangelism.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Well, it renders a lot better with the latest trunk builds than it does with Firefox 1.0, that's for sure.
Ken Cooper

Post by Ken Cooper »

Spewey wrote:Ugh, not you again.

I don't know what that is supposed to mean.

Spewey wrote:This is a really hardcore bucket of fish...

I don't know what that is supposed to mean, either.

Acid2 is a complex web page. It uses features that are not in common use yet, because of lack of support, and it crams many tests into one page.

http://www.webstandards.org/act/acid2/guide.html[/quote]

Yep, I read it all before I created this topic.
My Firefox Info
Spewey
Folder@Home

Post by Spewey »

Ken Cooper

Post by Ken Cooper »

Cusser wrote:[...]I suspect you'll have more luck with this if it were posted in Standards Evangelism.

I think you may be right, maybe a moderator will move this if they see fit. Sorry.
My Firefox Info
Ken Cooper

Post by Ken Cooper »

I agree. With some forum participants there is much agony. Move on, there is nothing for you to see here.
My Firefox Info