Windows x64 release build

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
groze5858

Re: Windows x64 release build

Post by groze5858 »

I am asking here because the website is listed in this thread. Can someone tell me the difference between ftp Mozilla Firefox 64 nightly build and the gifthub firefox x64 build? Thank you.
James

Post by James »

groze5858 wrote:Can someone tell me the difference between ftp Mozilla Firefox 64 nightly build and the gifthub firefox x64 build? Thank you.

They are third-party Release builds while the Win64 Nightly builds are from Mozilla and currently has 34.0a1 being devloped on that channel. However these Win64 builds are not supported with the same priority as the Win32, MacOSX 32/64 bit and Linux 23/64 bit builds are. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Supported_build_configurations
Jan.

Post by Jan. »

groze5858 wrote:I am asking here because the website is listed in this thread. Can someone tell me the difference between ftp Mozilla Firefox 64 nightly build and the gifthub firefox x64 build? Thank you.

The difference is that this build is from the stable firefox channel while nightly build from mozilla is the development build.
James

Post by James »

Jan. wrote:
groze5858 wrote:I am asking here because the website is listed in this thread. Can someone tell me the difference between ftp Mozilla Firefox 64 nightly build and the gifthub firefox x64 build? Thank you.

The difference is that this build is from the stable firefox channel

A third-party build on Release channel that is I said. One can take the source and build Firefox themselves as you did..

The Nightly is one of four main development channels, Release, Beta, Aurora and Nightly.