Welcome to the Minimo Forum.

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
dougt

Welcome to the Minimo Forum.

Post by dougt »

The Minimo Project is focused on code-size and runtime footprint reduction, and porting to small consumer devices. There are two public releases of Minimo, one for Windows CE and there is for the GPE Linux environment. Others may follow. This forum has been set up to support users running the Minimo CE and Minimo Linux builds.

More information can be found here: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minimo/

Please when posting please indicate which you are using.

Regards,
Doug Turner
brcolow

Post by brcolow »

Just wanted to report that I am using Minimo with my HP iPAQ rx3715, no problems at all. Also, I am glad Minimo finally got a forum, can't wait to see this project progress!
thesolo

Re: Welcome to the Minimo Forum.

Post by thesolo »

Doug, if you would be so kind, edit your post; the link has a period on the end that is giving a 404 at mozilla.org.

Thanks!

-Mike Palumbo
saklander2

Post by saklander2 »

This is great! ( a well needed forum for minimo )

I love that you guys are working on a ppc solution, I´m in need of a good ppc browser! I just wish I could help in some way!

Firefox and thunderbird are great, now only waiting for minimo and lightning (or rather TB syncronization for ppc)
lorcro2000

Post by lorcro2000 »

I'm thrilled to see the promise of a decent browser for the Pocket PC, finally... after all these years. I've been missing one for a long time.

The CE version needs a few things to make it a viable solution for me, though (although I'm sure that suggesting bells and whistles is premature), namely full VGA awareness and portrait/landscape awareness to mention just a few things. I can see it now... surfing merrily along in portrait VGA on my Fujitsu Siemens. Darn near brings a tear to the eye. ;)

I'm none too crazy about having the menubar slide to the bottom of the screen either, but maybe that's just me... keeping the controls on top where they usually are means you can find them instinctively. Still, minor quibble. :)
faun

Re: Welcome to the Minimo Forum.

Post by faun »

dougt wrote:The Minimo Project is focused on code-size and runtime footprint reduction, and porting to small consumer devices.

Hmm. Will the effords of this project (at least partly) flow back into Firefox development itself? A general reduction of old code fragments and optimization would be nice there, too.
Jarg

Post by Jarg »

could a portable browser (like the USB browsers) be built with this.
meroupow

Post by meroupow »

It has been a long time that I have been waiting for improvements on mobile surfing.
Opera is one of the best so far but it never came to ppc.
I am pretty sure minimo will put a lot of pressure on commercial solutions.
Therefore I support your work and thank you very much.
smw

Post by smw »

I take it this doesn't work with proxies, yet.

When I bring it up, I get 'can't connect to network'. Clicking ok on that brings me to a blank screen. Double tapping does nothing.

Is this normal behavior?

Thanks,
-Steve

[edit]
After returning to the frontpage without closing minimo I found several 'can't connect errors'. After clicking each of them in succession I was able to click on the minimo icon (I use Wisbar Advance 2) and see the front page. Still can't connect via proxy, but at least I was able to look at the interface and ensure the double tap worked.
rohitmordani

where can i download minimo

Post by rohitmordani »

Hi all,
Where can I download minimo? Do I need to download the firefox source code and extract the minimo part or is there a package for minimo seperately? I am planning on cross compiling minimo for linux based devices such as the Motorola a780. I cannot use OpenEmbedded and bitbake due to some reason. I want to download minimo package, configure it and compile it using a specific tool chain. Any suggestions?

thanks
Rohit
zootman

Treo 700w

Post by zootman »

Hi All,

Just got the new 700 w. Downloaded "MinimoCE_0.013" and it says on the PDA that it is "not a valid Pocket PC application." Thought I followed the online instructions well. Any ideas?

Post by 123456 »

saklander2 wrote:This is great! ( a well needed forum for minimo )

I love that you guys are working on a ppc solution, I´m in need of a good ppc browser! I just wish I could help in some way!

Firefox and thunderbird are great, now only waiting for minimo and lightning (or rather TB syncronization for ppc)

Here crashed on java:
http://www.ctr.cz
<a href = "http://www.ctr.cz" CTR></a>
tvorba prezentací webhosting připojení oprava autorizovaný servis počítačů lynx brave leo výkonné počítače servery spolehlivé počítače periferie mrznutí restartování tuhnutí zatuhávání odvirování spyware adware malware profylaxe server windows Vista XP 2000 2003 98 95 NT Novell NetWare OS2 linux ip telefonie VoIP ethernet optické sítě vzdálený přístup vzdálená správa zformátovaný obnova dat znalecké posudky konzultace školení kamery kamerové systémy sledování šifrování utajení softwarový audit office open source software mail antispam ochrana proti spamu Hradec Králové
http://www.ctr.cz
Maarten Deen

Post by Maarten Deen »

Just wanted to give kudos to the person(s) making Minimo. I just found it and okay, it is slow, but there is at least one website that I really want to use when I'm travelling and which I can get to work with Minimo and not with Pocket IE.

Rendering is not horrible, column mode is horrible
scubber01

Motorola Q

Post by scubber01 »

Minimo will not load on a Motorola Q phone. Perhaps this is because Minimo requires a touch screen and the Q uses a thumbwheel to navigate. It would be very useful to be able to run Minimo on this device.
Albi

Post by Albi »

This post maybe a little OT, but I don't like forum explosions of redundant threads and - as a bonus - this is a place of high visibility - I think...

The point is that I don't understand the way the progress of Minimo development. I know Doug is the lead developer, I know Marcio is a major contributor with some other guys - sorry if I don't mention you - but what the big picture? Is there a mailing list for coordination purpose?
I subscribed dev.apps.minimo but the traffic rate is low.

I am a bit confuse.
I have to sorry another time, for my *newbie-ty*
ac