[Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 6.1.0

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 5.7.0

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote:I haven't tried adding any custom images, so cannot comment on if it works or not.
Please see my comment below.
Last edited by joeg on August 27th, 2014, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Joe,
Is this supposed to work with any "size & type" of image, as the author does not specify?

Apologies for taking this off topic.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
lconnole

Post by lconnole »

Can or would anyone help me please? I have posted earlier. My issue is I have loved using Red Cats, blue version since I bought my Mac a few years ago. I just upgrade to newest version and was able to correct some things but, I no longer have the following cat icons: refresh/stop cat; FIXED by CTR. the cat that I think is/was called throbber, it is the one with the ball on it's tail and moves. Previous notes said they did away with it but, it shows on your page, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... or/?src=ss . I did try throbber restore add-on but I do not understand how to put the cat back.
Also the bookmarks/favorites icon (twin cats with heart) now when moved to toolbar it splits into 2 separate cat icons. You have a hack for it but as I have stated I do not have the necessary file. If I create a new profile using profilemanager every customization is gone, and I stiill do not have a userchrome.css file. The only userchrome.css file is userchrome-example.css/Profile backup/cc08cnhg.default/chrome. I'm begging someone who is Mac literate to help me please [-o<

PREVIOUSLY.....

I do not have userchrome.css file on my mac. I found this /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -profilemanager and create a profile, even though it has one created (default). Still no luck. Please assist a novice on how to resolve this please. I think your hacks would fix my other 2 issues if I could do this.
I may have create the file , I do have example files, but have no idea what to do. Would you or someone help me? I know windows much better but don't use one anymore. Mac I'm lost ](*,)[/quote]
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote:Joe,
Is this supposed to work with any "size & type" of image, as the author does not specify?

Throbber -> I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and it's really easy).

1. Once you've installed the "Throbber Restored" extension, go to the AOM, find the Throbber Restored extension, and click "Options"
2. At the bottom you'll see "Custom Idle Image" and "Custom Loading Image".
(Detour -> Now to LIMPET235's question: "Is this supposed to work with any 'size & type' of image, as the author does not specify?"

Now it's time to find the installation folder for RCGF -> Fx Profile\extensions\{dd30bf68-268a-4815-ad48-8740b774c764}.xpi\chrome\global\throbber\
(By the way, you need to open the xpi with a "zip" program -> 7zip is free and and works great; Winzip, of course is fine, too, if you have it.)
There are two pairs of images in the folder:

pair a:-> throbber.png and throbber-animated.gif
and
pair b -> throbber-small.png and throbber-small-animated.gif

My guess is that if you choose both members of pair a. or both members of pair b. it'll work, but I've only tried pair b. because I figured the "small" ones would fit better in the menu Bar.)

3. Anyway, I selected throbber-small.png for the "Custom Idle Image"; it immediately appeared to the right of the top "Browse...." button.
I then selected throbber-small-animated.gif for the "Custom Loading Image", and it appeared to the right of the bottom "Browse...." button.

I then looked up and saw the the "broken circle" throbber had been replaced by throbber-small.png, and when I clicked a bookmark or whatever, the throbber-small-animated.gif went into action as expected. :D :D :D

"The Case of the Missing Cat Throbber" has now been solved to my 100% satisfaction.

My thanks to the dev of the Throbber Restored extension. Great job!

I'll close with a comment to those who don't like to install addons for individual problems: The Fx devs have done what they can to make the personalization of Australis as difficult as possible. It's only due to the work of GREATS like Aris, Red Fat Lazy Cat, Szalgiris (Download Status Bar), and Noitidart (Throbber Restored and fifteen other addons) who constantly pick up the gauntlet and show what talent and commitment can achieve.

Not only does using their excellent work assuage my sometimes unreasonable demands for customization, but it also, I hope, indicates my limitless appreciation of their time and effort.

THANK YOU ADDON DEVS!!!
Last edited by joeg on August 27th, 2014, 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
Noitidart

Post by Noitidart »

Thanks JoeG, lots of credit goes to some guys over on zine, PimpUigi and another guy who just changed username, from ext dev section.

Please let me know if any issues occur, there's an outstanding issiue on v1.2:
https://github.com/Noitidart/Throbber-R ... /issues/11

Hoping to fix that
joeg

Post by joeg »

Noitidart wrote:Thanks JoeG, lots of credit goes to some guys over on zine, PimpUigi and another guy who just changed username, from ext dev section.
My thanks to all of them.
Noitidart wrote:Please let me know if any issues occur, there's an outstanding issiue on v1.2: https://github.com/Noitidart/Throbber-R ... /issues/11

Hoping to fix that
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using 1.2. I've never had 1.1 on my machine, so "updating" is no issue here.

Again, thanks for your work.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi Noitidart,
I've never had v1.1 installed either but the icon disappears & like Joe, have selected the same images.
Only the static one appears & does it's disappearing act upon a reload, whilst the animated one is yet to be seen.

This is with Firefox v30 & Throbber Restored v1.2.

(Disregard my UA.)
=============================================================
Thanks Joe, for finding the image files & the "fix."
;)
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

joeg

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote:... Thanks Joe, for finding the image files & the "fix.";)
You're welcome. I wonder why it doesn't work. ](*,)
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi Joe,
I guess if Noitidart doesn't know....?
But at least he's working on it with assistance, according to the other "github" link posted.

patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

I haven't looked at the code, but it *should* be possible to build an extension that adds a throbber button that will automatically support themes without any extra work.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
joeg

Post by joeg »

patrickjdempsey wrote:I haven't looked at the code, but it *should* be possible to build an extension that adds a throbber button that will automatically support themes without any extra work.
The "problem" that I see in the combination of Australis and RedCats is that the theme's native activity indicator (throbber) icon, which - as I've said - is nicely placed in a folder called "throbber"
in the extension xpi, doesn't appear in the Australis Customize panel in v. 34.

The only activity indicator icon there (at least in Fx 34) is the new, idiotic "full circle" that, as LIMPET235 observed and I've corroborated, disappears when it should be indicating activity. Hmmmmmm, I guess disappearing could be what it's supposed to do, but that's sort of like having the needle of your car's gas gauge disappear whenever you put gas in your car. :lol:

Anyway, if you can do it pjd, I'll be happy to give it a try, though as I've said, v. 1.2 of the "Throbber Restored" extension does exactly what I want.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

It doesn't matter where image files or styles are at in the theme... all that matters is that the names of elements match. I suspect that the Throbber Restored extension must be using a new name for element and that's why it's not compatible with themes.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Noitidart

Post by Noitidart »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi Joe,
I guess if Noitidart doesn't know....?
But at least he's working on it with assistance, according to the other "github" link posted.

Thanks man I'm not sure about this one. Can you post some screenshots please.

patrickjdempsey wrote:I haven't looked at the code, but it *should* be possible to build an extension that adds a throbber button that will automatically support themes without any extra work.

You're right I had used the original id of the throbber but CTR (Classic Theme Restorer) users had issue where it wouldn't show. So in v1.2 i moved away from the id, and then v1.1 updaters had an issue. In v1.3 Ill move back to using the old id hopefully that will fix this theme thing.

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi Noitidart,
I've never had v1.1 installed either but the icon disappears & like Joe, have selected the same images.
Only the static one appears & does it's disappearing act upon a reload, whilst the animated one is yet to be seen.

This is with Firefox v30 & Throbber Restored v1.2.

(Disregard my UA.)
=============================================================
Thanks Joe, for finding the image files & the "fix."
;)

Thanks man for the info lets get this fixed. Please share some shots.
Noitidart

Post by Noitidart »

please install and test this for me please:
https://github.com/yajd/Throbber-Restor ... ee/patch-1

Can install from the repo by using github extension installer: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... installer/

This one has the id of the throbber reverted to what it was in v1.1 and v1.0 which is the id of the original throbber from FF28. If the images do not apply let me know I proably messed the css.
joeg

Post by joeg »

Hi Noitidart,

OK, I installed the patch - I think. First I installed the github extension installer. Then I went to the first link and clicked where it says "Add to Firefox". I then got a little message that said "installed successfully".

I can't see any difference at all, except that I now have the the github extension installer addon. The version number of Throbber Restored is still 1.2.

By the way, what kinds of screenshots do you want?