[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
andr0id

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail acco

Post by andr0id »

Gmail Manager lives to see another day, yet again! Thank you Odilatinam, the change worked perfectly and I now updated to Firefox 32 (after reverting to 31 when there was no fix).
Odilatinam

Post by Odilatinam »

My wife and I use this extension a lot for the multiple add-on bar buttons feature. Some accounts I check immediately when new mail arrives, and others I check once in a while when I have free time. When FF upgraded the other day, I still had to find time to debug here and there, since I have 2 kids.

Do any of the alternatives posted have multiple add-on bar buttons? I skimmed their screenshots and they all have a button you have to press before you see a popup with the summary of multiple accounts.
pcss

Post by pcss »

Thanks Odilatinam, very much appreciated!
samuelal

Post by samuelal »

Odilatinam wrote:Do any of the alternatives posted have multiple add-on bar buttons? I skimmed their screenshots and they all have a button you have to press before you see a popup with the summary of multiple accounts.

Not sure if that's what you meant, but check out this 2-shots Album for what X-Notifier has to offer in the immediate summary department:
http://imgur.com/a/g1fNx#0
First screenshot is when you hover on its Icon, and the second one is a Toolbar.

On top of that, X-Notifier has two additional summary methods, either via a completely separate (detached) window or via a built-in one which looks like Firefox's Browsing History (ALT+H) side-window.

If you're curious, just install it and see for yourself. Account(s) setup time takes next to nothing.
em28

Post by em28 »

Look like the ext. is back to live, but there is a little issue on max-version check.
For now I disable GM update option.

Ty, Odi for the work. =D>
fanofthefox

Post by fanofthefox »

I updated the file as per the instructions provided, yet the extension repeatedly prompts me for the passwords and so does not log me in.

However, there is an improvement over the default version: it at least remembers the account details I entered.
Navneeth
jimfitter
Folder@Home

Post by jimfitter »

Thanks for the fix, Odilatinam. Works perfectly.Image
Inside every old man is a young man wondering what the hell happened. - Terry Pratchett
labrute57

Post by labrute57 »

Great Job Odilatinam : How two lines can be so important.

Thanks
pcss

Post by pcss »

Am I the only one seeing strange behaviour where Odilatinam's version of the extension randomly disappears and Firefox reverts back to the non-operational previous version, even though that was removed? I'm seeing this across both my PC and Mac. When present, Odilatinam's version works flawlessly.
Odilatinam

Post by Odilatinam »

samuelal wrote:http://imgur.com/a/g1fNx#0
First screenshot is when you hover on its Icon, and the second one is a Toolbar.

Aha, the second one is exactly what I want. I may have to look into X-Notifier now that I know it can do that. When I browsed all the published screenshots for the alternatives provided, none showed that kind of toolbar view.

em28 wrote:there is a little issue on max-version check.
For now I disable GM update option.

pcss wrote:Odilatinam's version of the extension randomly disappears and Firefox reverts back to the non-operational previous version

I didn't notice this until a few days after I posted it, since I rarely restart Firefox. I stealth updated the XPI a couple of days ago, the problem was I set the version number to 0.6.5.2_odi, which Firefox thinks the version in the add on forum is newer (0.6.5.2 > 0.6.5.2_odi). I changed it to 0.6.5.2.1_odi, which hasn't kept trying to update anymore.
Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas »

Hi Odilatinam,

I've used Gmail Manager for a long time and after installing Firefox 32 it broke so I was excited to find your solution. I installed your gmail manager fix and now everytime I start Firefox up the entire broswer freezes after about 3 seconds and never recovers. As soon as I remove the .xpi file and restart Firefox it works perfect.

Just curious if you have any idea on why this fix would be causing my browser to freeze, thanks for any help!
Last edited by Korben Dallas on September 9th, 2014, 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Catalyst2012

Post by Catalyst2012 »

iHastr wrote:Gmail Manager stopped working on Firefox 32 Final, so I had to revert to the stable version Firefox 31 ESR.

Thank you.
This worked for me when I could not get NG 0.6.5.2.2 to work with Firefox 32. it does work with Firefox 31 ESR.
andreus

Post by andreus »

Hi Odilatinam,

With fixed version of Gmail Manager for Firefox 32.0, the browser freezes after start.

(Running Firefox from the terminal displays the follow error:
GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion `sys_page_size == 0' failed)

After disabling Gmail Manager, browser starts normal.

How can I fix this?

Thank you.

UPD.
After updating Firefox from 32.0 to 32.0.1 this problem does not occur.
Last edited by andreus on September 13th, 2014, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
iHastr

Post by iHastr »

Gmail Manager NG 0.6.5.2
Fixed version by Odilatinam with correct Cyrillic symbols in a popup window, that works on Firefox 32 and above.
_https://forum.mozilla-russia.org/uploaded/gmail_manager_ng-0.6.5.2-fx+sm_Fix_13-09-2014.xpi
May be a small freezes at browser start.
Catalyst2012

Post by Catalyst2012 »

In general are users finding Firefox 29+ slower overall compared to Firefox 28?

Thanks!