[Ext] Easy Copy

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
computergeoffrey

Re: [Ext] Easy Copy

Post by computergeoffrey »

The shortcut to copy URL to clipboard is not working in other windows than the first. I customised my shortcut with Customizable Shortcuts (see https://github.com/ttaubert/customizable-shortcuts). I tried F1, Insert and Dollar-key. With the default shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+U it seems to work. How can I assign another key combination without breaking the functionality?
oombii

Post by oombii »

computergeoffrey wrote:The shortcut to copy URL to clipboard is not working in other windows than the first. I customised my shortcut with Customizable Shortcuts (see https://github.com/ttaubert/customizable-shortcuts). I tried F1, Insert and Dollar-key. With the default shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+U it seems to work. How can I assign another key combination without breaking the functionality?

I suspect it might have something to do with the way that Customizable Shortcuts registers the shortcuts. I tried assigning a different shortcut to Copy URL using keyconfig and it worked both on the first window and any subsequent window.

I've only ever tested Easy Copy with keyconfig so that's the only working advice I can give you right now. But I'll log this issue and try and investigate what's going on when I have some time. It may be a bit lower priority though seeing that it works with Keyconfig but I'll have a look when I have some time.

BTW, are you using the latest version of Customizable Shortcuts? They seem to have put a fix out 5 months ago relating to tab groups and some other fixes.
Please support Easy Copy by contributing on Patreon, via PayPal or with a Flattr.
masterton

Post by masterton »

First of all, I would like to say it is a very great addon. Thanks a lot.

How could I export and import the settings so I can use it in multiple computers?

Thanks for your answer. :)
oombii

Post by oombii »

masterton wrote:First of all, I would like to say it is a very great addon. Thanks a lot.

How could I export and import the settings so I can use it in multiple computers?

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it. Unfortunately you can't currently export/import settings from the Easy Copy preferences. That's a feature that's on the list and unfortunately I'm just not finding time to implement it. I've missed it myself at times so I might just prioritise this for the next coming releases.

BTW, if you're an expert user and you're comfortable with manually editing the Firefox profiles, it's in the prefs.js so you could copy it from there if you want to but I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't done this before as you could mess up your profile.
Please support Easy Copy by contributing on Patreon, via PayPal or with a Flattr.
mad_kao

Post by mad_kao »

Is it possible to be compatible with

Customizable Shortcuts :: Add-ons for Firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... shortcuts/

Everything is fine, but
I found that defined shortcuts like for "Copy Title + Link" with "Customizable Shortcuts" extension is not working in Firefox incognito mode. It actually copy the info from the last tab you visited in normal mode instead of the tab where you are viewing and operating the shortcut in incognito mode.

Thanks.
masterton

Post by masterton »

oombii wrote:
masterton wrote:First of all, I would like to say it is a very great addon. Thanks a lot.

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it. Unfortunately you can't currently export/import settings from the Easy Copy preferences. That's a feature that's on the list and unfortunately I'm just not finding time to implement it. I've missed it myself at times so I might just prioritise this for the next coming releases.

BTW, if you're an expert user and you're comfortable with manually editing the Firefox profiles, it's in the prefs.js so you could copy it from there if you want to but I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't done this before as you could mess up your profile.

Yes I'm willing to try. I can't set them all manually one by one. What exactly do I need to do?
Do I only copy all lines which start with user_pref("extensions.easycopy., then edit prefs.js of another profile and replace all lines which starts with the same string? :?

What is Format for HTML in the Tamplates Option?
I think it is to control whether the copied text is formatted.
But I tried to uncheck and check it to copy a link. It is always linkified when I paste it to Word.
Is it a bug? #-o
oombii

Post by oombii »

mad_kao wrote:Is it possible to be compatible with

Customizable Shortcuts :: Add-ons for Firefox
I found that defined shortcuts like for "Copy Title + Link" with "Customizable Shortcuts" extension is not working in Firefox incognito mode. It actually copy the info from the last tab you visited in normal mode instead of the tab where you are viewing and operating the shortcut in incognito mode.

I only ever anticipated compatibility with keyconfig so I can't guarantee it'll work with Customizable Shortcuts. And using keyconfig, the shortcuts I tested your scenario and shortcuts still work as expected even in incognito mode.

computergeoffrey asked another question on 10 August relating to Customizable Shortcuts and unfortunately I couldn't help there either. I'll set some time aside to investigate what's different about the way Customizable Shortcuts registers shortcuts to how keyconfig does it and maybe that can be fed through to the Customizable Shortcut developers or I can work around it in Easy Copy.

For now, the only thing I can recommend is to use keyconfig but I can see that Customizable Shortcuts has a decent following and keyconfig isn't really that active so it might be worth it to see how easy it is to support.
oombii

Post by oombii »

masterton wrote:Yes I'm willing to try. I can't set them all manually one by one. What exactly do I need to do?
Do I only copy all lines which start with user_pref("extensions.easycopy., then edit prefs.js of another profile and replace all lines which starts with the same string? :?

Yes, that's the way. Copy all the lines starting with user_pref("extensions.easycopy. and make sure you replace all the other lines starting with the same string in prefs.js of the new profile. Also ensure that you've closed Firefox for the new profile before you make changes because Firefox overwrites prefs.js when you close it. After you've edited the file, save it and reopen Firefox.

Again, be careful editing those files to avoid messing up your profile I'd start by making a backup of it (as I'm a bit paranoid) :)

masterton wrote:What is Format for HTML in the Tamplates Option?
I think it is to control whether the copied text is formatted.
But I tried to uncheck and check it to copy a link. It is always linkified when I paste it to Word.
Is it a bug? #-o

I think what you're looking for is to set the Type to text instead of html. This is the setting that controls whether the template is copied as text or HTML.

Format for HTML indicates whether Easy Copy should encode HTML before copying the template as HTML. For example, < is converted to &lt; and < and & are also replaced. Normally you'll always select Format for HTML whenever you select a Type of HTML. But sometimes the text is already HTML-encoded so you might want to copy as HTML but not encode it further (eg. the Copy HTML Source template is type HTML but doesn't format for HTML).

There's also more details in the Easy Copy documentation. Hope that helps.
Soulpt

Post by Soulpt »

Hi Byron,
I am looking to have a more customized version of your extension built for a specific web page to extract certain data for pasting into a secondary webpage. Essentially I'd like to have the process run like an imacro where the location of text is predetermined on a page and the data is extracted. Would you be able to do this? I would like to hire you to assist me in this add on's development as it has specific application to my business. Thank you for considering my request. Brendan My email is; info at empirehwc dot com
oombii

Post by oombii »

Easy Copy v2.5 is now available:
* (New): Duplicate button allows you to duplicate a template to easily create variations of the same template.
* (New): When copying HTML templates, you can copy the formatted text instead of HTML markup to paste it into text editors. See Formatting options for details.
* (Fixed): You are now able to delete *all* built-in templates and create new ones. A bug prevented you from adding new ones if the list was empty.

Please support Easy Copy by Flattring it or contributung from the Mozilla Add-ons page.

Links
Download from Mozilla Add-ons
Easy Copy Home and Documentation
oombii

Post by oombii »

A user just logged an issue with Easy Copy 2.5.1 on Firefox 3.5. Some investigation showed that Easy Copy 2.5.1 is not compatible with Firefox 12 or older. You'll need Firefox 13+ for Easy Copy 2.5.1 to work.

I'll investigate the issue and see if (a) there's an easy fix or (b) if I can disable the feature requiring the later version on older versions of Firefox or (c) if it will be easier to just support more recent versions of Firefox. I'll only be able to get back to this in a couple of days.

As a workaround, if you're using Firefox 12 or under, please stay on or downgrade to Easy Copy 2.4.0.
oombii

Post by oombii »

Easy Copy v2.5.2 is now available:
* (Fixed): Easy Copy will work again with older versions of Firefox (12 and under).

Note: The feature to convert HTML to its text version when pasting in text editors (introduced in v2.5.1) has been disabled for older versions of Firefox. The copied value will always be the HTML markup (as it was before).

This feature is now only available in Firefox 13+.

Although I normally recommend and favour upgrading Firefox over fixing an issue that doesn't work for very old versions of Firefox, this was easy to fix and impacts a very minor, non-core feature, so I've fixed it for older versions.

Please support Easy Copy by Flattring it or contributung from the Mozilla Add-ons page.

Links
Download from Mozilla Add-ons
Easy Copy Home and Documentation
minglam

Post by minglam »

Is there any plan to create a Chrome extension version of this Firefox add-on? Thanks.
oombii

Post by oombii »

minglam wrote:Is there any plan to create a Chrome extension version of this Firefox add-on? Thanks.

Yes, I've been working on-and-off on a Chrome version but I'm not sure when it'll be done. I've got a couple of other projects running at the moment so time is a bit limited.

If (when) I do finish it, I'll post an announcement here and on the Easy Copy blog, so watch this space.
minglam

Post by minglam »

Thank you for your update and look forward to the Chrome extension.
Happy New Year!