Animated Gifs frozen; not-working only on FireFox browser

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Animated Gifs frozen; not-working only on FireFox browser

Post by Guest »

Hello, I need some help with this. I've had FireFox for a long time and last night I noticed that animated gifs are not working at all. The images show up, but they are frozen in one frame. It works in IE and stuff but not on FireFox.

I've searched everywhere for an answer and couldn't find one, so I checked the options and made sure to enable image downloading. I also uninstalled and reinstalled FireFox. The Extensions I have now are: DOM Inspector 1.0 and Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.4

I also have ZoneAlarm installed on my computer...

Help will be much appreciated.

Post by Guest »

Ooops... that's me that posted that (thought I was signed in).
kstahl

Post by kstahl »

Look through ZoneAlarm's "privacy" or "adblocking" features. I'm almost certain it has an option to disable animated gifs.

Post by Guest »

I tried that and I looked through ALL the old topics. Somehow I fixed it. I think it was something with ZoneAlarm. =3 Thanks
Gerben

Re: Animated Gifs frozen; not-working only on FireFox browser

Post by Gerben »

Wow, old topic, however.. I have the exact same problem.

Animated GIFs stopped working out of the blue and I doubt it's due to an addon.. does anyone have a clue? Or should I just re-install firefox?
steviex

Re: Animated Gifs frozen; not-working only on FireFox browser

Post by steviex »

OK .. Work your way through this diagnostic here viewtopic.php?t=288184
(We know the last test is broken, it because of the new Forum limitations)

Also read this for more information, and things to try.... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Images_or_ani ... o_not_load

As this is an elderly topic, I am locking it. If you still have problems, Start a NEW topic, fully explaining your problem, and everything you have tried to fix it.. (Old topics are not always helpful, as the version of Firefox used is different, and great many things have changed in four years)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.