[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
max2

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI) #2

Post by max2 »

Aris wrote:No idea, if TST is the reason. From what I've read on the forums a lot tab add-ons started to have issues with Fx since 33 release.

Try a new test profile...
(1) ... with nothing installed.
(2) ... with only CTR installed to be sure its CTR.

The easiest way to do this is Portable Firefox. It won't change your current configuration or profile and can safely be removed afterwards. See first post for more info.

Thanks I just tried and it seems like CTR is working fine and it is not the cause of the problem. Sorry for wasting your time. :(
StealthX

Post by StealthX »

max2 wrote:Thanks I just tried and it seems like CTR is working fine and it is not the cause of the problem. Sorry for wasting your time. :(

It's not CTR. Firefox 33 is having the same problems I use to have when I used Nightly's. I opened links from IRC and the link title would display in the Firefox taskbar but the page would still be on the current page I had up before I opened the link. It still does it.
aletaziar

Post by aletaziar »

Hey I'm trying to style the tab color notification for titlechanges. Specifically, I"m trying to add a pulse animation. However, I can't get the background to change properly. I tried adding opacity just to see if the code was working properly and opacity changes. Is there a way I can properly override the background given by CTR?

Firefox 33, CTR 1.2.5, Windows 7x64

Code: Select all

/* AGENT_SHEET */
@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

@keyframes tabpulse {
  0% {
    background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5) 50%), linear-gradient(rgb(231, 235, 241), rgb(231, 235, 241));
    opacity: 0;
  }
  100% {
    background-image: radial-gradient(circle farthest-corner at 50% 3px, rgba(255,255,255,1) 3%, rgba(186,221,251,.75) 40%, rgba(127,179,255,.5) 80%, rgba(127,179,255,.25));
    opacity: 1;
  }
}
.tabbrowser-tab[pinned][titlechanged]:not([selected="true"]) {
  animation: tabpulse 1s ease-in-out 0s alternate infinite !important;
  }
Aris

Post by Aris »

Try to replace .tabbrowser-tab[pinned][titlechanged]:not([selected="true"]) with

#main-window #navigation-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab[pinned][titlechanged]:not([selected="true"])
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

Hi Aris,
There are some way for to keep the button for the main menu panel stuck at the end of the navigation toolbar, same as the default behaviour? For to prevent to get new (or moved) buttons placed to its right side...
Aris

Post by Aris »

Yes, its possible. Try this code in Stylish:

#ctraddon_panelui-button{
  -moz-box-ordinal-group:100 !important;
}

Edit: sorry, I picked the wrong id previously.
Last edited by Aris on October 17th, 2014, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

I was talking about the panelUI-button (now I found the name). Anyway, thanks to that code I ended with the next:

#ctraddon_puib_separator,
#ctraddon_panelui-button,
#wrapper-ctraddon_puib_separator,
#wrapper-ctraddon_panelui-button {
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 100 !important;
}

But, If it's possible, I think that this "movable Panel-UI button" feature should be optional.
Aris

Post by Aris »

It can't be optional without causing trouble. ;-)
aletaziar

Post by aletaziar »

Aris wrote:Try to replace .tabbrowser-tab[pinned][titlechanged]:not([selected="true"]) with

#main-window #navigation-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab[pinned][titlechanged]:not([selected="true"])

It's #navigator-toolbox, but even then that code doesn't work.
Aris

Post by Aris »

You are right, it was already too late here where I live.

You are not using "!important" in your css code for background-image, probably thats the problem.
aletaziar

Post by aletaziar »

You cannot use !important in the code when it is in @keyframes. However, I found out on userstyles that background-image is not a property that can be animated, so the fault is not with CTR.
Deof Movestofca

Post by Deof Movestofca »

One small peeve: I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but CTR seems to override changing the value of many css properties such as border, border-radius, margin, and padding, at least via the Stylish extension. I would suggest under Add-Ons Manager > CTR > Options > Tabs > Tabs adding an option to allow the user to manage the values.
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

Aris,
1) A minor bug report: if you have hidden the CTR item in the different places where it can be added (tools menu, toolbar context menu...), the item is still accessible if you navigate the menu with the keyboard: moving down a few times, you can get a none element maybe selected, and pressing Enter it opens the CTR window. It's no a big deal in context menus (they are expected be accessed via mouse) but with the tools menu it's a bigger nuisance. I guess that it's because the items are collapsed instead of "hidden" via css.
2) Please consider to provide the option of, if the combined stop/reload button is hidden in the urlbar, recover the original relative positioning of the go button with respect to the dropmarker for the awesome bar too: before Fx29, the dropmarker was always the last item; now it changes depending if the go button is visible or not ](*,)
EDIT: similar to the previous case, the next seems to work:

#urlbar .urlbar-history-dropmarker {
}

CTR 1.2.5, Fx33 Linux.
Aris

Post by Aris »

aletaziar wrote:You cannot use !important in the code when it is in @keyframes. However, I found out on userstyles that background-image is not a property that can be animated, so the fault is not with CTR.

OK.

Deof Movestofca wrote:One small peeve: I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but CTR seems to override changing the value of many css properties such as border, border-radius, margin, and padding, at least via the Stylish extension. I would suggest under Add-Ons Manager > CTR > Options > Tabs > Tabs adding an option to allow the user to manage the values.

You can't override margins/paddings/border-radius of CTRs squared tabs v1, because tab borders are solid transparent images. Changing this values would break tab appearance anyway.
Try to use squared tabs v2 and override values using Stylish and don't forget to add /*AGENT_SHEET*/ inside your styles or you won't be able to override any values.
You can of course use 'default Australis tabs'(= CTRs tab styles disabled) and create own tab styles.

K4RBQT99 wrote:Aris,
1) A minor bug report: if you have hidden the CTR item in the different places where it can be added (tools menu, toolbar context menu...), the item is still accessible if you navigate the menu with the keyboard: moving down a few times, you can get a none element maybe selected, and pressing Enter it opens the CTR window. It's no a big deal in context menus (they are expected be accessed via mouse) but with the tools menu it's a bigger nuisance. I guess that it's because the items are collapsed instead of "hidden" via css.
2) Please consider to provide the option of, if the combined stop/reload button is hidden in the urlbar, recover the original relative positioning of the go button with respect to the dropmarker for the awesome bar too: before Fx29, the dropmarker was always the last item; now it changes depending if the go button is visible or not ](*,)
EDIT: similar to the previous case, the next seems to work:

#urlbar .urlbar-history-dropmarker {
}

CTR 1.2.5, Fx33 Linux.

All these issues will be fixed on next build.

EDIT 1.2.6b1 is up.
Anonym00se

Post by Anonym00se »

I'm not sure if it's been covered elsewhere in this gargantuan thread, but is it possible to restore the small toolbar buttons' hover and depress appearance to their pre-Australis state or to the somewhat crisper outlines offered by the current version of FireFox without CTR? For Example:

Current (no difference in appearance between moused-over and depressed): https://i.imgur.com/9nOsXdT.png
Pre-Australis, Windows 7: https://i.imgur.com/SdZ6G2v.png
Current, sans CTR: https://i.imgur.com/iIJ5OrO.png