searching the most easy way to convert to *.deb

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
oui

searching the most easy way to convert to *.deb

Post by oui »

as no Seamonkey version is offered in the depositories, and as the simple mozilla package are not really well integrated in the usual debian installations I am searching for a really easy way to convert the downloadable Seamonkey builds with IRC into a real Debian package and add usual Linux dictionaries and not the special ones made especially for Debian and destroying memory capacity for nothing as well writting is today really less important as one century before :idea:
LoudNoise

Re: searching the most easy way to convert to *.deb

Post by LoudNoise »

Err, try safe mode?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
oui

Post by oui »

Hi, thank you for y/answer dear LoudNoise but I am absolutely not an English speaker (probably as a great among of other readers in that form as English will be the world language) and I can make nothing with your answer! Can you be so kind and develop a bit your point of view to make the post understable for foreign language user too...?
redbud

Post by redbud »

Mepis 12 is based on Debian stable and includes Seamonkey in it's repositories, the sources list,
listed at bottom, add them to your sources.list, then do a "apt-get update" then " apt-get install seamonkey" Seamonkey will install to /opt/seamonkey , you will then have to do,

# update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/x-www-browser x-www-browser /path/to/browser 100
That adds /path/to/browser to the x-www-browser alternatives with a priority of 100 (auto-switching to it unless there's something else with a higher priority).

Then do this,
Follow up with this command to check and set
# update-alternatives --set x-www-browser /path/to/executable

Then
This command for a manual set
# update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

To remove it, run the following:
# update-alternatives --remove x-www-browser /path/to/browser

While the above is over kill it only takes a few moments to do and should accomplish what you want, it worked for me. anyway I hope this helps.

Sources for Mepis and Seamonkey
# Mepis Community Main and Test Repos
deb http://main.mepis-deb.org/mepiscr/repo/ mepis12cr main non-free
deb http://main.mepis-deb.org/mepiscr/testrepo/ mepis12cr test

remember to comment out the above sources after seamonkey is installed.
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

oui wrote:as no Seamonkey version is offered in the depositories, and as the simple mozilla package are not really well integrated in the usual debian installations ...

Seamonkey-Mozilla-Build wrote:SeaMonkey, official Mozilla build, packaged for Ubuntu by the Ubuntuzilla project.
    This is the unmodified Mozilla release binary of Seamonkey, packaged into a .deb by the Ubuntuzilla project.

Ubuntuzilla, is an unmodified Mozilla release binary of SeaMonkey, and supports automatic updates. :D
    I'm using it, on GNU/Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE) & SolydX (Debian Jessie).

Cheers! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~